Lifetime Supporter
Brake Boosters fitted and plumbing started

Attachments

• 74012-brakeboosternet.jpg
    74012-brakeboosternet.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,126

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Instruments other than speedo fitted (ETB) instruments in their GT40 style. Yes I asked for the Chrome bezel - not original but I prefer it!

Attachments

• 74015-instrumentsnet.jpg
    74015-instrumentsnet.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,152

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Ian, great to see the car coming along, and helps me know whats hidden under my panelling and carpets.
The rear suspension pic reminds me; with the car jacked up, and the suspension fully down, as I assume it is in your picture; Check that the driveshaft has some float. i.e slides either way into the CV joints. If there is no float, the roll pin through the inner drive hub may break as it did on mine. I had to adjust the rose joints to increase the track a little.
Dave

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Dave
Thanks for that - easier to check now than break things later.

These are a lot different to all other 40 replicas I have seen.

How are the brakes coming on?

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Paul popped down to the Fairmile meeting on the way to Gatwick to pick someone up.

He had just finished the Brakes and clutch and done the first bleed - need to settle and reblead in a day or 2

Today he said Seat runners and seats, first fix on steering column and start on fuel plumbing - I'm battling to keep up and I just have to source and buy the bits!

Photos to follow

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Pictures of this week's work
Firstly drive shafts fitted (the DAX uses a VW Transporter Mk2 unit in it's entirety - no modifications. Paul did say the Renault adaptors were slightly different to those supplied by tornado (Flange slightly further from gearbox center line)

Attachments

• 74419-startingtolookfunc#B2E74.jpg
    74419-startingtolookfunc#B2E74.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,224

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
The Saab 900? has a handbrake that works on it's front wheels (the saloon car did not have a problem stopping with these as front brakes). The Front calipers were taken and used on the rear axle so this should stop quite well

Attachments

• 74422-SaabFrontBrakeson#B2CF3.jpg
    74422-SaabFrontBrakeson#B2CF3.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,090

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Brake plumbing in place to allow movable pedals

Attachments

• 74423-AdjustablePedalset,jpg.jpg
    74423-AdjustablePedalset,jpg.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,177

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Front end now looking good Rad, fans boosters, fuses and brakes

Attachments

• 74424-RadiatorBoosterBrak#B2CC7.jpg
    74424-RadiatorBoosterBrak#B2CC7.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,080

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Steering column first fix being done - the rear bracket needs shortened to allow more knee clearance

Attachments

• 74425-PaulFixingsteering#B2CB8.jpg
    74425-PaulFixingsteering#B2CB8.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,061

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Rear Lights fitted, rear clip re installed, and under rear clip heat mat coated. Also Clip hold down started.

Attachments

• 74502-REARLIGHTSFITTEDNET.jpg
    74502-REARLIGHTSFITTEDNET.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 956

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
In the last picture it shows how low the Rover lump with EFi sits - rear view should be a lot better than in some cars!

I was also asked if this was actually real time that we are doing the car (Paul doing the car) and the answer is YES. I cannot believe how quickly it is coming together and cannot thanks Paul enough for his input.

This week will be a bit slower as Paul is earning a living again, Still gives my credit card a rest and allows the final few bits to arrive.

More to come soon

Ian

Back