Dellorto's instead of webers...

Just wondering if anyone has tried dellorto's on their GT40 instead of the webers. I've heard the DRLA 45s are a pretty good carb in the quad configuration similar to IDA/IDFs. There's not as much information out there as webers obviously ie. jetting, bore sizing, etc.

Second question is, as I recall the Dellortos have the same base dimensions as the webers such that a manifold made for webers works equally well for dellortos. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

i had dhla's instead of dcoe's, same bolt pattern so i suspect the downdraughts would be the same. they seemed to be better made than the webber's,with bushed spindles (only what i read though)! mine were no trouble.

Thanks glen, yes, I've used the dhla's before and they seem very nice....as good or better than the dcoe's. I'm guessing you're probably right that the downdraft dellortos have the same base pattern as the IDAs/IDFs, just was wondering if anyone knew for sure before I blow the money on four dellortos....

I have them on my Beck spyder 550 and they are great. No problems or adjustments needed in the 7 yrs I've owned the car. You may have trouble finding the 45's however as I don't think they are still available.

My experience with DHLA40's on my Lotus Esprit was good, easy to set up and gave a lovely noise that'd give any Weber carb a run for it's money! Only ever required setting up once too. If the carbs themselves aren't available as a complete unit, spares certainly are, and the British agent for Dellorto (Eurocarb I think) give excellent customer service.

Cliff
I am running 4 twin choke 40mm on my Rover, ex Alfa 33 1800`s and the jetting is almost correct with no changes. And yes they do make a great sound, I ended up making my own manifolds as the only ones I could find were moon beams.

Attachments

• play me a tune 002.jpg
    play me a tune 002.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 252
Back