Diy 8 stack

Kevin

The bellcrank sits on a post via a roller bearing
Down the centre of the bellcrank and fixed to the post I will be attaching the TPS shaft (that is stationary), the switch mount will on the top of the bellcrank under the 4 screws.

I have dyno figures from not so long ago when I was playing with few exhaust combo's.
It was consistent from the time before.

Syncing can always take time but I dont think it will be to bad.

Jim

More progress

Put the trumpets on the flanges.
Welded them on the inside to keep them tidy.

Put a radius on the base plate and riveted a flange plate from underneath to mount the air box onto.

Did the final assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 243
Made the air box ,I still have about another days work on this then it is ready for a start up and retune.

The lid is polycarbonate and the box and the lid are held down on the base via torno cover straps.
I am waiting for mesh to go on the inside of the filters to stop them sucking in.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 247
Thanks Joe and Terry

I have booked a track day in Nov so I am real interested in the throttle response that this will bring, not to mention the noise.

I will post some dyno figures in about 2 weeks.

Jim

Jim,
Where did you buy your throttle shafts?...I have a Toyota 4age set up...but I,m not happy with my design as I,ve had to run my main throttle spindle off the back of my airbox...works great..but impractable..to build a center spindle set-up I need to buy a set of longer shafts to suit my tb,s.
Cheers Eddie.

Eddie

The shafts and butterflies are from a company called Injection perfection here in Sydney.

The rear shafts connected to the centre pivot in the middle photo on post #23 I made out of 5/16 316 SS rod and milled the flats on them.

Jim

Back