Doc's SL-C Build

Brian lives in Austin I believe.

Austin is a good 4 hour drive North to Lone Oak. Lone Oak (pop 453) is about 60 miles East of Dallas. I live in the "suburbs" of Lone Oak! Maybe you can carpool with Brian if he decides to come up this weekend?

Nice Doc. Be sure to take and post lots of pics when your toy arrives.

That cage is significantly different than mine and Howards. It looks far less removable if at all when the car is together. Could just look that way from the pics but the door bars are definately different. Did you spec it that way or is that how Fran is doing the rest of the "track package" cars now?

I have those billet rockers on my car too, good stuff :thumbsup:

Dave,

That's a new side-bar design for the racing cage that will allow the door panels to be left in place. They are removable according to Fran....how difficult, I can't say yet. My Viper had removable side-bars, needed to get in and out (or maybe it was just my body habitus?). These look like I might be able to squeeze in and out so we will see.

Cam,

I'll ring you up when I know the truck is nearing Lone Oak. I'm going to have to offload at my entry gate since this is a sleeper cab plus 53'. A std cab will pass through. So about 800 feet to the shop! Not too bad if steerable.

Or, I could off load to my open racing trailer (Sloan KwikLoad) at the street and tow to the shop?

Doc

Doc, I had to unload mine on the street and easily pushed up to my garage with
an 8 degree incline. Total distance was about 90 feet. Easy, steerable, no problems.

That's a new side-bar design for the racing cage that will allow the door panels to be left in place. They are removable according to Fran....how difficult, I can't say yet.
That's what I figured.
So about 800 feet to the shop! Not too bad if steerable.
I brought a spsare steering wheel that made life very easy to steer the car. I'd suggest finding one to make life easier, particularly getting the car off the truck as it is very tight in there.

Hi Dave,

I had a spare steering wheel already installed when my car arrived. Thankfully! Just the driver and I off-loaded and wheeled the car into my home garage for now (until the rain and mud clears up). Not too bad once we got off the gravel and onto the paved driveway! I've filled the wife's Armada with parts to take to the shop tonight. First of many photos posted:

Attachments

• Platform.jpg
    Platform.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 671
  • DSC_0388.JPG
    DSC_0388.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 645
  • DSC_0390.JPG
    DSC_0390.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 817
  • SideView.jpg
    SideView.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 5,153
  • RearQTR.jpg
    RearQTR.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 834
  • Brembos.jpg
    Brembos.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 804
  • FrontView.jpg
    FrontView.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 732
Just a few more photos. Cam came over to take a look, take a few photos and have a couple of Negro Modelos. Great guy....sorry I couldn't contribute much technically, Cam. Fran called while we were visiting and I plan to wear the phone and internet out conversing with him! Fran...as many times as Cam has visited your shop he has at least earned a jacket! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the "Journey"!

Attachments

• _DSC2288.jpg
    _DSC2288.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 769
  • FrontQTR2.jpg
    FrontQTR2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 675
  • LTRearQTR.jpg
    LTRearQTR.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 649
  • RTFrontQTR.jpg
    RTFrontQTR.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 744
Congratulations, Doc. Great to see your 'baby' made it home! You had to do the same thing as we did- getting the car off the upper rack. I had to find a neighbor who was small enough to get into the car inside the trailer as the doors on the 40 wouldn't open enough to get in. He was stuck inside working the wheel and brakes till we got it to the ground. Now the fun begins! A.J.

E GADS Al!!

You actually found someone to sit inside while you rolled your car out on the top deck? Was he/she wearing a helmet just in case? I was pretty nervous as the car rolled out on that platform and only me stopping it from falling to the earth!

Oh, the fun has already begun!

E GADS Al!!

You actually found someone to sit inside while you rolled your car out on the top deck? Was he/she wearing a helmet just in case? I was pretty nervous as the car rolled out on that platform and only me stopping it from falling to the earth!

Oh, the fun has already begun!

Yeah, it was a neighbor I didn't really like - just kidding. I checked to see the e-brake would hold the car in postion but we had to squeeze by the car and run to the back of the lift gate before it took a 10' dive off the back. Kinda scary. The neighbor rode it all the way down and then into the driveway. When we stopped I and opened the door. He said "Oh,do I have to get out?"

Howard Jones

Supporter
Doc. Do you know your chassis number? We must be getting close to 30. Mine was 24. It came on the same transport and I had my wife help. Oh...and it didn't have any brakes at the time either. Piece of wood behind the rear tire was all that prevented divorce.That's one big Texas grin there buddy. Congratulations.

Howard,

#28 on the MSO. Good point for those yet to be delivered: wheel chock of some sort to prevent serious mishaps!

Congrats Doc, I know just how excited you are to receive the car finally.
#28 on the MSO. Good point for those yet to be delivered: wheel chock of some sort to prevent serious mishaps!
I'm guessing the chassis number is the first pair of numbers after the "09". You must be right though since my chassis number according to the your interpretation is #27. This whole time I thought I had #34 because I figured the chassis number was the last two numbers in the vin. :drunk:

Back