Down, but not out

Al

Welcome to the RCR club. Despite his funny accent,
Fran's knowledge and infectious attitude are a great asset.
And his products aren't bad either!
Best of luck with # 24.

MikeD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

Here is the plan (basically reflects what I had planned for the RF):

Engine: World Products Crate #102041 see below or http://www.worldcastings.com/docs/05_cat_pg34.pdf (and yes, I will be sure not to install a yellow engine in the car!)

Wheels:

BRM 17" Gulf orange centers

Paint:

(With due apologies to Ron Earp) Gulf arrow scheme which I'll post below

Other misc stuff: RHD, RHS, 6 pt cage, Lemans style 9 hole outlets, nickel seat grommets, both hood styles.

I had ordered the complete RF 8 barrel EFI setup, so I will continue to go with this type of setup, but haven't figured out which mfg's to use yet.

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• 77051-world.JPG
    77051-world.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 506

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Gulf arrow paint scheme (however the roundels will contain a "T" as currently in my avatar)

Attachments

• 77054-gulf_arrow.jpg
    77054-gulf_arrow.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 487

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi John,

Thanks, Jerry did a top notch job on the trans.

I am getting PM's but I have noticed that sometimes I can't send to certain users. I just sent you one, see if you can reply. After talking with Ron a few days ago, there are some problems with the forum software that might cause this (my guess only)

Best Regards,

Al

Ron Earp

Admin
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ron,

(With due apologies to Ron Earp) Gulf arrow scheme which I'll post below

[/ QUOTE ]

Aggh! Smite thee, with the Wand of Orcus, I shall!

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Al -

The arrow paint scheme is very nice indeed! Thanks for not stepping on things, I have to get off my A$$ and get out for the warm beer and a peep at the car. It was the engineering and english accent that sold me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sandy

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Sandy,

While your waiting for an in person peep - let me know if you want the full resolution shots and I will email them to you.

Best Regards,

Al

1 of 3

Attachments

• 77075-IMG_2969.jpg
    77075-IMG_2969.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 481

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
2 of 3 (Sorry, this is pretty much the same as photo #1 now that I look at it )

Attachments

• 77076-IMG_2974.jpg
    77076-IMG_2974.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 488

Ron Earp

Admin
[ QUOTE ]
So Ron, your friend on the alvantar is the Wand of Orcus? Thank god I was worried that it was.... well...a relation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ja, brother Orcus, what of it?

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Al, definitly shoot me the photos, I'll shoot my email to to your pm in case you need it.

Thanks!

Sandy

Hi Sandy, With that tyre combination can we assume it is going to be 25% race car & 75% road use. No matter which its going to look good. Cheers Jack.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Congrats Al,
I too was equally impressed upon my visit. So long as you can get past the silly accent, he's an all right guy.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So Ron, your friend on the alvantar is the Wand of Orcus? Thank god I was worried that it was.... well...a relation.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Howie - now you're showing your true geek colors.
Of course, I already queried Ron about that a ways back.
Now, where did I put that +5 Vorpal Blade ...

Ian

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ya well.... Ian, I tell my wife and daughter I know everything but Kathy(wife) just laughts and now my daughter is starting to figure out why. I'm just a poor country boy who fixes things with his hands. Don't know much really. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Sandy, With that tyre combination can we assume it is going to be 25% race car & 75% road use. No matter which its going to look good. Cheers Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one got my "street/strip" joke in the headers thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

Sandy

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Progress Report

Hi Folks,

Just a quick heads up that my RCR-40 tub was already completed last week and should be moving into the next stage of assembly this week.

Now that's some strong coffee that Fran must be brewing in his shop to make that kind of progress! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think it's really a credit to Fran and his team's project management & engineering skills that allow them to "make it all happen" so quickly for the customer.

Best Regards,

Al

Attachments

• 79145-caffeine.gif
    79145-caffeine.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 470
Back