Dyno results

Just returned (with my car!) from Second Street Speed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Motec installation went well, and I must say, SSS is
the $#it! VERY knowledgeable, professional, communicative,
and easy to deal with. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

My 351W, which isn't much more than a "mildly adjusted"
crate motor, put out 349.7RWHP@5300RPM & 355.7ft/lbs@4300RPM
The torque curve was quite flat, and held up well up to
5600RPM(6200RPM redline). The engine runs a LOT smoother with the 8 stack manifold and Motec(ex-Edelbrock 750 & Performer RPM manifold). It also seems to be considerably quieter, having lost it's "cam lope". One thing that caught me completely by surprise was that the engine temp stayed at 84C through 3+hours of dyno tuning in a 98 degree environment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif It is pouring rain now (Hurricane Charley coming), so I haven't had a chance
to drive the car yet, but can't wait to do so.
I will post my impressions of the first drive.
Needless to say, while I was at SSS today, I inquired about MORE horsepower in the future. One of the owners told me that with new heads,cam, lifters(solid), and injectors, he could get me up to 475RWHP!OH BOY!
Now, I need to go rob a bank! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For you REAL motorheads, they had a 468 BB on the engine dyno while we were there. It had a Kinsler 8 stack setup with
2 1/2" throttle bodies and 72lb injectors! I didn't bother asking about fuel mileage! Sure was pretty though!

Bill

Bill,

Great numbers, was it a Dynojet or Dynamics Dyno? Also, how many runs did you do?

I am sure you gone have lots of fun when you take it for a spin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Freddy F,

It was a Dynojet(3 pulls).
If it ever stops raining today(remnants of
Hurricane Charley),I'll be giving it a try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
If tomorrow's weather is decent, I'm off to DMV to
get the car re-inspected, then I should be able to give
a more uninhibited driving impression.
FYI, Second Street's shop car(398W 2001 Mustang EFI, wet nitrous) just missed breaking into the 6 second bracket (7.001sec/1/4mile) recently. Imagine your little black bullet with that engine in it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I don't think 11 seconds would be a problem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill

Hey Bill, I WISH I WISH!!! I think when I get that new stroker 347 (IF, it puts out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), I will break that Renault Transaxel.

You will have no such problems with that G50. 351 is a great motor, stroked or not.

Depends on how you drive it. If you want to drag race you have to learn how to get a soft start or only do rolling starts. A friend with a GTD running a highly tuned Boss 302 with webers ( quessing it to be about 460 HP flywheel) has had no trouble with his Renault box but he finally had to go to a multi disc clutch to hold the power. He doesn't drag race it much, he does more road racing and street driving. Another friend has a small block rear wheel dynoed at 458HP, also feeding a Renault with a multi disc clutch

FF,

The first test drive was interesting! Went sideways into oncoming traffic, and damn near crapped my pants. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
OUTRAGEOUS throttle response, loads of horsepower, plenty of torque, smooth as silk, etc. Tons of fun!
I think I'll get used to this amount of HP, before adding any more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I never imagined that "Depends" should be standard issue! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bill

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Hurricane Bill,all this stuff about powerfull engines is making me envious---get some decent tires,set up the handeling and cut 'em (horses)loose---there's nothing like track time to to "get it out of your system"
ENJOY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Chris

That is a PERFECT name "Hurricane Bill". I am sorry but that is your name from now on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You should have pointed your exhaust towards Charlie and blew him away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bud, when are you coming over, I need to see a running GT!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back