F1 2009

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I didn't realise it was a compound fracture, he will be lucky if he can drive in the AGP.
No charges laid, Mark might have been in the wrong?:lipsrsealed:

It wasn't me! :)

Seriously, bad luck Mark. I can't say I'm a big fan but it'll be a shame if he can't make the start of the next season. One of the decent drivers/people in the farce of F1.

Blows his chance of a gold medal I guess... More stupidity from the the Warhol Mini-me and his tag-team buddy the Don King of Motorsport.

Tim.

I didn't realise it was a compound fracture, he will be lucky if he can drive in the AGP.
No charges laid, Mark might have been in the wrong?:lipsrsealed:

On a wet, unsealed and open road racing a bike against the clock, anything can happen. Don't ask me how I know.....:embarassed::dizzy:

Actually now that I think of it, I've hurt myself more badly on sealed roads, but you get the idea.:cyclist: :disappointed:

bring back dc to race again, maybe i should start a campaign. nah i'll paint the lounge wall again. sometimes more interesting than the racing.

Keith

bring back dc to race again, maybe i should start a campaign. nah i'll paint the lounge wall again. sometimes more interesting than the racing.

Paint - (gasp) - the lounge (herrrp) fucking wall? AYGAAAAIN? :stunned:

Yeees pleeease!

Where do you live mate???? :drunk:

Keith

This is so exciting.....:jester:

BEFORE AND AFTER! TA DA.....

Attachments

• dfct206_1dca_d.jpg
    dfct206_1dca_d.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 329
  • dfct206_1dcb_d.jpg
    dfct206_1dcb_d.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 314

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keify,
Which was the "before painting" colour?
If the red is the new colour, it's not appropriate. It needs to be
one of these new wanker designer Fired Earth Colours like Light Gamboge or even Sienna Earth.
Don't even think of using Dulux even though they do the same palettes
because it's only abot 1/4 of the price and paints on much nicer - it so doesn't have the same "credance".
(Note the use of the word "so". My daughter think me trendy if I write shite like this).
Morty.

Keith

Yo Morty dude - biggin' it up in da house like.. :rockstar:

'Dis is your Homie Keify Boy heah Bro.. hey dere Big Boy. :rolleyes2:

I fink you cool wid dat paintin vibe bro, and you girl is soooo right on - you all dat and more home boy...

Big Ups

Keify :bandana:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Lots of rumour's floating around that Bernie the vertically challenged, is in favour of a Grand Prix in Paris at Disney Land. Anyone got the good oil?

Bernie whats to do it at Disney so he can be a Mickey Mouse double. The last I read the French GP (anywhere) is gone. Canada is gone also (maybe a miracle could save it on 09). All I hope is that Slavica takes him to the cleaners in his divorce.

KERS is optional in 09. You have two methods (energy is stored using a mechanical flywheel or an electrical battery). Williams is using the mechanical Flywheel system. KERS is up to 80 hp available for 7 secs per lap. KERS has an impact in weight distribution (less weight is available for ballast)

Other changes in 2009 with 17 races

1. Front wing lower and bigger. Adjustable from the driver two times a lap. Clean cars no barge boards, winglets, turning vanes and chimneys etc. Rear wing smaller and taller.

2. Slicks are back. Reduce the aero grip and increase mechanical grip

3. Engines 3 races instead of 2 (lower RPM?). Engines upgrades to level the field will be done (how?)

Summer break stays in Aug. Is a new ball game and Ferrari does not like the KERS idea. I assume that the status quo will not change with Ferrari and McLaren in front (I hope to be wrong)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
2009 Calendar

2009 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar

<TABLE class=raceCalender cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary=""><TBODY><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>01</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>27 - 29 Mar</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>02</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>03 - 05 Apr</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>03</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>17 - 19 Apr</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>04</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>24 - 26 Apr</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>05</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEFONICA 2009 (Catalunya) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>08 - 10 May</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>06</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2009 (Monte Carlo) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>21 - 24 May</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>07</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX (Istanbul) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>05 - 07 Jun</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>08</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>19 - 21 Jun</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>09</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2009 (Nürburgring) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>10 - 12 Jul</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>10</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>FORMULA 1 ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2009 (Budapest) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>24 - 26 Jul</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>11</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 TELEFONICA GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>21 - 23 Aug</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>12</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 ING BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>28 - 30 Aug</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>13</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2009 (Monza) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>11 - 13 Sep</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>14</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>25 - 27 Sep</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>15</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 FUJI TELEVISION JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>02 - 04 Oct</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>16</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2009 (Sao Paulo) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>16 - 18 Oct</TD></TR><TR><TD class=raceNumber width=24>17</TD><TD class=raceLocation width=576>2009 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Abu Dhabi) </TD><TD class=alignRight width=110>30 Oct - 01 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
From F1 news.

For Honda the withdrawal from F1 is a bitter blow to ambitions but with US sales falling cataclysmically in the last few weeks - a drop of 32% in comparison to a year ago - and Honda's share price under pressure in the stock markets in America and Japan, the company seems to have little choice. It has already decided to freeze its plan to increase production capacity in Turkey and will delay plant construction in India by at least one year, in addition to introducing plans to idle factories in the months ahead.

What a pity, I wonder who will pick up Jensen Button.

What a pity, I wonder who will pick up Jensen Button.

On last year's form - nobody. Rubens seems to have accepted that he's not going to race in F1 next year. Anybody want to wager Rubens will go to ALMS?

Hopefully this will put Nick Fry out of work, not that he'll need it....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
JB? Precocious poser.
Fry? Down the road.
Barichello? Tosser.

Look on the bright side: I'm looking to replace my garage floor and my Snap-on roller cabinets with some of the fancy expensive garage floor that Honda F1 used, along with a couple of the nice white Lister tool cabinets.
Any body know when will the auction be held ?

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
F1 : Statement by Takeo Fukui, President and CEO, Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=
We, Honda Motor Co., Ltd., have come to the conclusion that we will withdraw from all Formula One activities, making 2008 the last season of participation.

This difficult decision has been made in light of the quickly deteriorating operating environment facing the global auto industry, brought on by the sub prime problem in the United States, the deepening credit crisis and the sudden contraction of the world economies.

Honda must protect its core business activities and secure the long term as widespread uncertainties in the economies around the globe continue to mount. A recovery is expected to take some time.

Under these circumstances, Honda has taken swift and flexible measures to counter this sudden and expansive weakening of the marketplace in all business areas. However, in recognition of the need to optimize the allocation of management resources, including investment regarding the future, we have decided to withdraw from Formula One participation. We will enter into consultation with the associates of Honda Racing F1 Team and its engine supplier Honda Racing Development regarding the future of the two companies. This will include offering the team for sale.

In its third era of Formula One activities, Honda has been participating in Formula One races from the 2000 season, initially with BAR, by adopting a new format of jointly developing racing machines. Subsequently, in a move to meet the changing environment surrounding Formula One, we switched to running a 100% Honda owned team commencing with the 2006 season.

Surmounting many challenges, the Honda Team achieved a Grand Prix victory in 2006, enabling Honda to receive overwhelming support from Honda fans around the world that were looking forward to greater success. It, therefore, has been an extremely difficult decision for us to come to this conclusion without having been able to fully meet the expectations of our fans.

By making the best of what we have learned during these times of economic turmoil, coupled with the spirit of challenge gained through active participation in racing, we intend to continue with our commitment in meeting new challenges.

Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank our fans and all those who have supported Honda’s Formula One efforts, including everyone in the world of Formula One.

Thank you very much.

Takeo Fukui
President and CEO
Honda Motor Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
I dont follow F1 (Moto GP is my prefered sport) but it is a sad sad day when such a proud and racing history rich company as large as honda pulls the pin.
I sincerly hope it is just a temporary glitch, however I fear it may be a bit deeper than that. I would like to think no other casualties will fall off the wagon.
Racing is the breeding ground for the majority of what ends up in our cars. Without such efforts being made by the likes of Honda(and others) we are left with a less than shiny future.
Just my 2c for what its worth.
Regards, Gus.

Back