F1 2009

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
According to La Stampa (Italian Press) Honda F1 has gone/ been taken over by a Mexican magnate named Carlos Slim Helu who also owns Telmex.
It was priced at $1.
I bet thats the end of Earth Dreams and silly colour schemes. JB stays, RB has gone and possibly the young Senna may take the second seat.
But it's all still a rumour......

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
And today 'La Stampa' has been exposed for what it is yet again - It was a total load of crap they published. According to Ross Brawn that is. Prodrive are 'deep and silent' at the moment though.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Vettel concerned about KERS safety. From F1.com.

What is your opinion of KERS? The heavier drivers say it is a disadvantage for them weight-wise, some see it as too cost intensive and others fear it is not safe…
SV:
I don’t know. I don’t know how it feels, as I have no experience with it at all. I spoke to Nick (Heidfeld) and to Christian Klien and it seems quite funny the way it works and the way it reacts. I was quite surprised listening to their stories. For next year, my personal concern to be honest is the safety aspect of this system. Will it be safe enough to race? For a team racing with KERS the expectations are clear - it has to be quicker and it has to be one hundred percent reliable. But I think there is one thing that people underestimate at this stage: is it safe enough? We are a little over three months away from the start of the season, and now we are heading into the winter break. Then the teams will bring out their new cars and start testing again - and time is running short. My concern is that so far no one has had a real thought about safety. As I said, it has to be quicker, it has to be reliable, but under any scenario it has to be safe for us drivers - and all the people working around the car. Safety is the one thing I am afraid of the most right now. Hopefully the teams will improve that safety aspect and the FIA will take care of it as well

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What do you think of Bernie's idea of gold silver and bronze for first second and third? The driver with the most gold at the end of the season wins the championship. He reckons it it will make the racing more exciting with everyone going for gold, rather than not taking risks for fear of not getting any points I.E. Settling for second to get the points rather than go for the win.
Personally I think the concept could work.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

Ivan

Lifetime Supporter
What do you think of Bernie's idea of gold silver and bronze for first second and third? The driver with the most gold at the end of the season wins the championship. He reckons it it will make the racing more exciting with everyone going for gold, rather than not taking risks for fear of not getting any points I.E. Settling for second to get the points rather than go for the win.
Your thoughts?

maybe just make the points difference wider? this could create a "run away title" season. but i suppose the medle idear system isnt too bad. :thumbsup:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
With 17 races on next years calendar, with the medal concept the championship could in theory be decided by the ninth round. Unlikely though. Also if someone got ahead on gold he could become a target, but that wouldn't happen in F1 would it?;)

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
That is something.

I wonder what it must feel like to have acheived ones ambitions at such a young age....he has 60 plus years to cast about doing nothing......

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
The curse about having too much money is not having the brains and intellect to be able to deal with it and use it to your advantage in an intelligent and responsible manner.

One only has to look at a certain hotel chain owner's daughter to see what too much money and not enough brains and intelligence can cause.

She has a totally pointless existence.

Dimi

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
So long as we have some purpose in our lives.....I think having too much money can be a real curse.

Well I've been rich and I've been poor. I can tell you rich is better. Money isn't everything but it is right up there with oxygen.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Pete kinda hit it on the mark. Money becomes so much more valued if at some time in your life you experience the lack of. Spending 70% of one's life to achieve financial security brings a true appreciation for it.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I think the problem is that when you get money suddenly it only takes about 60 days to get totally used to it - now you're in a situation where you can have anything you want - which sounds great but I think most people lose their sense of hope and anticipation - both necessary ingredients for happy living, IMO....

Also, IMO, unless you set lofty goals for yourself and keep busy, the extra cash only gets you into more and more trouble...drinking, drugs, bad relationships, etc

Of course, if you are a disciplined, driven, and wise person all of the above doesn't apply.

Most 23 year olds aren't.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Agreed Pat, Dimi also has it sorted. Money is just a tool, used wisely it can create excellence, unwisely it has the opposite effect.
That is why so many who win the lottery lose it quickly. Lets hope LH has the right people around him to advise him correctly.

Slicks, boy it's good to see slicks again. There was just some plain wrong with treaded tires on an F1 car. The movable wing got by me, I didn't realize they were getting something that radical this year. Wow. It should be a good year.
Chris

Back