F1 2010

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
What a self-entitled little bastard. Have to feel sorry for the cute daughters, though, with Bernie the Troll for a dad. They'll probably be single into their sixties, or at least until Bernie is mowing the wrong side of the lawn.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I flew the ex wife and the daughters a few times on short haul into and out of London. I recall they were so incredibly well mannered even the Heathrow based Cabin Crew were impressed. I suppose impressing short haul crew is no big deal as they are predominantly ferral anyway. Sorry, I digress.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Yes - I just looked him up on Wickepedia - thanks , you are right.
In BA , whenever you invoke the services of a Doctor who is on board as a passenger , you end up giving them a thank you ticket and often a gold card as well. Sometimes these people are incredible and one Doctor, assisted by another passenger who was a nurse, performed a pulmonary operation on one of the BA 747 flights. Other times they don't want to know - probably had a few already.
I had a passenger on a 737 overhead Dinard (Northern France) southbound to Faro who had a massive cardiac and luckily we had three doctors and a nurse on board. We diverted back into Gatwick at the suggestion of London ATC as being one of the major heart attack receiving airports and this guy had no vital signs what so ever right up to the point when he was taken off the aeroplane and I saw them still doing CPR in the airside ambulance. I got a thank you letter from him and his wife about two months later. My own attempts at first aid, CPR etc have never had any success however.

In hindsight, In the first instance I cited, if I was asked to make the announcement " If you are a medical Doctor or Nurse please make your self known to my crew" I suppose I would have had to do have done it, in spite of my own personal reticence and unwillingness to intervene in natures mysterious ways of retalliation.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently talks at Brawn - soon to be Mercedes Formula one - between Management and Jenson Button have stalled. Allegedly.
Mercedes will have their own agenda - I guess - so Button will probably leave the team when Merc takes over later this week.
Where will Button end up ? Answers on a post card please.

Keith

OK, here goes...

Picture1-4.png

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Keith LOL.

Timo Glock has signed a two-year deal Manor GP. It is expected that he will be partnered by new boy Lucas di Grassi, a former Renault test driver.
It is also expected that the team will soon be unveiled as Virgin Grand Prix, rather than Manor.
The cars are being built for the team by Wirth Research in Bicester and are unusual in that they will have no wind tunnel testing as technical director Nick Wirth believes that computational fluid dynamics is now good enough to make the wind tunnel obsolete.

Yeah right!

F*** me Keith, not only on the money for information, but aced the format and in like Flynn with it.

Ron, can we have a "Master" status and annoint Keith?

no wind tunnel testing as technical director Nick Wirth believes that computational fluid dynamics is now good enough to make the wind tunnel obsolete.

There walks a bold, courageous man, carrying his nuts in a wheelbarrow....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I knew Nick Wirth during the Simtek period with drivers Jos Vestappen and Mimi Scaterreli ( spelling?) and he has had some bold ideas. No wind tunnel? CFD instead? Well , if the new computer center in Enstone for Renault was anything to go by, Wirth may be right.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith ,
apparently last night Ross Brawn has asked Button to reconsider and stay with his team so your postage stamp may just have been wasted.
The Wooky Hole - This weekend. I have been told it is set aside for me to collect.(NOT amongst other things !!!) [ALAS].
Soon there will be enough items to drive down with them.
Never mind - if the stamp hasn't gone through the 'franking' machine I'll steam it off
and send it back to you.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
As reported on Pistonheads this morning;

"Formula One world champion Jenson Button will race alongside Lewis Hamilton at McLaren next year in an all-Brit line-up.

The move comes just days after Brawn GP, the team with which Button won this year's driver's world championship, was snapped up by Mercedes in a £100m buy-out.

McLaren has now secured the services of the world champions from the past two seasons, forming the most potentially rapid - and explosive - combination since McLaren stuck Ayrton Senna in a car next to Alain Prost back in 1988 and said 'go race'.

Over at Mercedes GP (nee Brawn), the driver line-up is still to be decided. With Button having turned down a seat (obviously) rumours are rife, with an all-German pairing of Nico Rosberg and Nick Heidfeld the current favoured solution.

There is speculation that one Michael Schumacher could even make a comeback, a rumour fuelled by the enigmatic comments of Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug. "I have every understanding that all the people in Formula 1 worldwide want to know who the drivers will be now," said Haug. "It's not finally decided, but I think and hope we can announce something in the course of the next couple of weeks. We will do a very good job in that respect as well I can promise you - and maybe we can create some surprises."

Kimi waves goodbye to FerrariMeanwhile 2007 champion Kimi Raikkonen is set to take a sabbatical from the sport next year, after failing to secure a seat with McLaren. He is said to be looking for a full-time WRC drive after dipping his toe into rallying this season in a Fiat Punto.

And even if Kimi doesn't do anything next season, he's hardly going to be short of cash - Ferrari have paid him approximately 20 million euros in order to terminate his F1 contract and get their hands on Fernando Alonso."

News today is that Button has definitely signed with McLaren for next year. Should be interesting. He won't find it nearly as cosy as it was at Brawn with Barricello as a team mate.

Chris

Seems to me that Michael Schumacher's aborted comeback this year as fill-in for Massa would have got him thinking about racing again and it is hard to put those thoughts and emotions back in the box. Then he gets an offer from his old mate Ross Brawn to join what will be a well-funded team courtesy of Mercedes and with a relatively competitive car. Bring it on. Let's see how Schumacher races against Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Massa and Button. Love him or hate him, he is still an exciting driver to watch.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Rumours of Schumacher's return are just that, although it sells newspapers. He still has a dodgy neck and I for one would be surprised to see him return to driving.

Button and Hamilton....Who will be number one at the end of the season?

Will Button be able to live as no2 driver? Alonso couldn't.

Schumey has nothing to gain in a comeback and everything to lose. So, unless he is just bored to death or just really likes to drive cars fast for the pure enjoyment of it he should stay on the couch. As long as Button gets a chance to prove he is the better driver he should be more than happy - put up or shut up. This is his chance to prove he is worth the big bucks by beating the pants off Hamilton. Or not.

Back