F1 in 2012

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
vettel - alonso raikkonnen I think in points.

Button - Alonso-Massa podium.

Oh wait, Morton's to scairt to ready my posts.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The U.K.commentators said Vettel passed Kobayashi under yellows but no vision was shown of it here. Did they show it in the U.K.?

Keith

Static Yellows and Red/Yellow flag at start line indicates slippery surface caution advised, no overtaking rule does not apply.

Keith

Thanks, better tell the commentators then, they were rabbeting on about it.

Sorry Pete, there appears to have been two separate episodes of "yellow flags" . The one I describe above and then there appears to have been an "illegal" overtake of Kubayshi which I did not see. However, the Race Stewards are insisting it was an illegal move as of yesterday, but can find nothing in the news today.

Perhaps David can get the skinny from his F1 mates for us.

Keith

Typical F1.

Confusion reigns. Are we talking about 1 or 2 yellow incidents here?

Sky Sports reports: "The FIA have insisted that Sebastian Vettel's controversial overtake past Kamui Kobayashi on lap nine of the Brazilian GP was legal."

SPEED commentators stated the yellow light was showing track conditions and not yellow for accident. They said they didn't remember seeing the yellow light used for this before. Good race though. After 17 years SPEED will not be carrying F1 next year for us in the USA. I think I heard NBC will carry the races. I can only imagine how that will turn out.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
NBC has hired Hobbs, Machett and Buxton, so I think they will do OK. I vote for Dave Despain to play the Bob Varsha roll.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
2012, was quite a season, lots of action, lots of passing, lots of different winners and it went right down to the last lap! Fantastic!

There were lots of interesting areas, but I think the biggest supprise was how Kimi did in his return................THIRD PLACE!!!!

I have never been a big Kimi fan, but you have to give him a lot of credit. He quietly finished ahead of one Ferrari, one Red Bull and both McLarens! Very impressive!

Those of us in the US should be sure and watch Speeds last, Debrief next weekend. They are going to cover this season highlights and then a retrospective view of all the seasons covered by Speed, should be fun!

Now if NBC will just hire my hero, Sam Posey, all will be right with the world.

Last edited:
Posey does a great job, I really enjoy his segments. Unfortunately, it looks like he is a little fragile these days and maybe that is why we don't hear more from him. That spot he did for the end of the Speed Brazil GP broadcast was as usual nicely done.

I agree the final Debrief will be worth keeping.

Bravo Speed.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Rob,

If you get the chance, Sam wrote a wonderful autobiography called "The Mudge Pond Express", a story of his racing career (Can Am, Trans Am, IMSA, F5000, Le Mans, even a little F1.....), as you know, he is very good with words and its a great read.

Last edited:

Keith

Ah.. that piece of news explains one thing: Anyone who watched the Live Feed would not have seen it - it was not broadcast, however, it was shown on in-car segments and highlights. Sharp eyed punters then stuck it on YouTube.

Seems the FIA "have a legal obligation" to examine new evidence of rule breaches never mind Ferrari protest.

Blimey.....:stunned:

Back