Filters - The Paddock and Off Topic Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally like the paddock and enjoy most topics..including the political ones. My view is this (what happens in the paddock stays in the paddock) Once outside the paddock it seems to me everyone here treats each other with the utmost respect..... It's really simple... if you dont like talking with drunks, stay out of the Pubs..:laugh:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Agreed Craig. There are many ways to avoid the Paddock, the simplest is don't
Go there.
Ron I was a prolific poster in the other sections of the forum while my build was in process, but since it was completed I have not posted much at all in the Gt40 specific areas. It is safe to say the paddock has maintained my interest in the Forum and my
continued support of it.
I think rather than close the paddock a P.M. Message to anyone who steps too far over the line would suffice. And of course repeat offenders could be banned For a period.
A better solution I think than penalizing all who enjoy the Paddock IMHO

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
As usual, I'm right with Pete....you gotta love somebody who can keep a cool head when the conversations get heated, and that's Pete! We may not always agree, but I'm always anxious to read what he says (and always proud of the way in which he says it!!).

Strange how things work...a friend from a musical forum PM'ed me today, nothing at all to do with GT40s as he doesn't even know I'm a member here, and gave me some new advice regarding not only how he was going to live his life, but how we should all live ours:

"...Be hard on issues and not on people".

I like that!

I'm embarrased about the rude comments I made regarding the anatomical placement of LB's head....I would have been much better off to have taken him to task for his rude comments regarding those of us who do appreciate the opportunity to discuss politics with others.....and he who suggested that minds are never changed is wrong, these very political discussions have definitely changed my mind regarding a number of subjects. The exchange of information is at the very minimum interesting, and at times infuriating, but we are in rather perilous times and emotions are running high as the philosophical schism in our society widens.

Cheers to all who appreciate the opportunity to engage in vigorous, but civil, discussions on the Paddock!!

Doug

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Sorry Ron, Just to keep it on topic:

Topic.jpg

Haaahahhhah ha hahahah ha ha. Graham, you were on a roll there.

A pseudo Paddock with enough humor to bring me to tears!

Well done Sir!

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
As usual, I'm right with Pete....you gotta love somebody who can keep a cool head when the conversations get heated, and that's Pete! We may not always agree, but I'm always anxious to read what he says (and always proud of the way in which he says it!!).

Strange how things work...a friend from a musical forum PM'ed me today, nothing at all to do with GT40s as he doesn't even know I'm a member here, and gave me some new advice regarding not only how he was going to live his life, but how we should all live ours:

"...Be hard on issues and not on people".

I like that!

I'm embarrased about the rude comments I made regarding the anatomical placement of LB's head....I would have been much better off to have taken him to task for his rude comments regarding those of us who do appreciate the opportunity to discuss politics with others.....and he who suggested that minds are never changed is wrong, these very political discussions have definitely changed my mind regarding a number of subjects. The exchange of information is at the very minimum interesting, and at times infuriating, but we are in rather perilous times and emotions are running high as the philosophical schism in our society widens.

Cheers to all who appreciate the opportunity to engage in vigorous, but civil, discussions on the Paddock!!

Doug

Thanks Doug. :heart::embarassed:

Agreed Craig. There are many ways to avoid the Paddock, the simplest is don't
Go there.
Ron I was a prolific poster in the other sections of the forum while my build was in process, but since it was completed I have not posted much at all in the Gt40 specific areas. It is safe to say the paddock has maintained my interest in the Forum and my
continued support of it.
I think rather than close the paddock a P.M. Message to anyone who steps too far over the line would suffice. And of course repeat offenders could be banned For a period.
A better solution I think than penalizing all who enjoy the Paddock IMHO

:thumbsup:

I started a build thread which I have not posted on for a while purely because I feel it is inadequate compared to other build threads, so I would not be adding anything.

Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Why don't we do it the democratic way, lets have a vote over a given period of time to keep it or get rid of it.

Ron Earp

Admin
The Paddock is now open.

What changed?

The Paddock DOES NOT index on the New Posts of the day unless you go to your User Control Panel and turn that feature on. How to do so was described earlier in this thread by Alan and myself.

Why?

Many reasons, but not the least of which is that new members, potential vendors, outside companies, perspective members, etc. don't show up and become overwhelmed with the BS that gets slung in that subforum. If you want to read it you must seek it out.

Hopefully that small change will greatly improve the signal to noise ratio of the forum as a whole. If someone complains about the noise in the Paddock it is because s/he has turned it on.

Thanks,
Ron

PS-To Keith, Terry, Graham and the others that can't seem to even keep this discussion on topic - thanks.

Keith

Oh, so it's all my fault is it?

I told you before, I cannot tell a lie, it's Graham's fault. I am easily led.

Can't work out how to switch the Paddock on Mr Grumpy - can you please elucidate?

Oh, so it's all my fault is it?

I told you before, I cannot tell a lie, it's Graham's fault. I am easily led.

Can't work out how to switch the Paddock on Mr Grumpy - can you please elucidate?

It works for me Keith. Maybe it is you who has been banned for trying to dob me in to the authorites :)

Keith

Huh Bisto Boy, you have dropped me right in the soup you have..... :veryangry:

By the way, I dispute the fact that I was in anyway off topic Mr Earp. If you check the thread title, I was merely bantering as the heading suggests...

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Hey, I doped my input with just enough "on topic" posting to make it right. It was Graham and Keith plotting behind the door on how to derail this event. As is the case, they were once again woefully inept in their task.

Ron,

Thanks for your common sense solution and for your patience .

Although as a tree hugging commie pinko Liberal, as usual I think it was all my fault.

Don't worry about Keith Graham told me he always has difficulty turning things on. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back