Flying out to DTW and RCR

Update pictures from Fran

Here are a couple pictures of our car at this point. RCR is doing a very nice job and making sure to get my details all in place like I want.

Thanks for the recent photos Fran, they look great! :thumbsup:

camera_dump_july_009.jpg

camera_dump_july_005.jpg

Allen,I should be going out to check progress/final inspection of my car sometime after RCR comes back from vacation next week - if all goes well with the car and my hospital procedure later this morning. I'll be busy as my schedule is tight but I'll try to snap a couple photos for you. Mark @ RCR has been doing some excellent work to complete the car to the point it can be shipped. I love the color on your car and it should go very well with the dark centered wheels. I'm told yours is the next 40 to be finished - I know the wait will be tough, but hopefully done soon! Mark sent a link to several pics which I will be posting in a 'finish' thread but will include a few here. Wheels are RCR shop's. I will start out with 'natural' Halibrands and judge how much to black out after.

Attachments

• gt40.8-09-7.jpg
    gt40.8-09-7.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 376
  • gt40.8-09-8.jpg
    gt40.8-09-8.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 370
  • gt40.8-09-3.jpg
    gt40.8-09-3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 373
Hi A.J.

I hope everything went well with your procedure - what did you have done? Hope your OK and we wish you a quick recovery.

Your car looks great and the color really pops in the sun. It will look awesome with your wheel choice. What a difference two months can make in a car build, it sure beats the heck out of the lawn shots? ;)

RCR_001_160_Large_.jpg

RCR_001_157_Large_.jpg

RCR_001_159_Large_.jpg

It's TIME. Flying out from New England tomorrow to inspect the above pictured car. In the words of David Crosby, "It's been a long time coming..." but finally taking shape in the skilled hands of the RCR crew. It will be a short, hectic visit so I don't know how much info I can absorb,or retain, about all the cars you guys have there being built. I wil try to take some photos and get some updates for you if time allows. Allen English's car and some others should be progressing as well. I have one eye temporarily out of whack (no,not the middle one) so just getting to RCR will be an adventure! A.J.

A.J. , We are looking forward to an update on your car progress. I would imagine that if yours is finished or darned close to it that mine will be next.

Post lots of pictures of your visit when you get time.

It's 4 AM and I home now after getting stranded twice - once in Detroit an hour from the hotel with no car to get anywhere.That followed a 4 hour delay at a changeover with 2 of those hours sitting in a commuter plane on a taxiway going nowhere. The RCR crew rescued me Thursday morning (thanks,Scott, Mark and Vicki) and got me to the shop. Great tour of the facilities and cars at various stages of completion. Also got a brief tour of some motorcycle exotica like a $75000 Ducati and others. Great crew at RCR,very talented people. Discussed finish details of my car with Fran and got to see some customer cars. That was the good part and then the Trip from Hell resumed with US Air stranding me AGAIN,this time in Philly, by cancelling the final leg of my return flight. Managed to get a flight into another city and forced US Air to provide a taxi ride($111) at 1 am across the state to the original location.
You guys may recognize your own in the accompanying pics.

Attachments

• Competition SL-C(RX).jpeg
    Competition SL-C(RX).jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 611
  • Allen English's 40.jpeg
    Allen English's 40.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Doc's SL-C.jpeg
    Doc's SL-C.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 342
  • A.J.'s 40.jpeg
    A.J.'s 40.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 323
  • Allen English's engine.jpeg
    Allen English's engine.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 394
  • Exhaust installation.jpeg
    Exhaust installation.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 367
  • Rear window installation.jpeg
    Rear window installation.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,815
  • Keith Craft 331 SBF.jpeg
    Keith Craft 331 SBF.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 347

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
WoW Al - What a saga!!!!

I know you've been on worse trips - but it looks like you made the best of this one!

It'll all be worth it when you get your baby home!!! :thumbsup:

Hi A.J. - Good to see you made a successful trip. When I take a flight I always go for the non-stop as they tend to be alot less of a hassle. Hey, it does look like they have your drivetrain installed and your car looks like it is coming along very nicely. The wheels look great too! B.T.W. check out Dutton's pick below. Tim had Fran make interior hold down pins for the rear body that when pushed all of the way in becomes almost invisible. I emailed Fran that I wanted this done also. Not sure what it cost, but Tim highly recommends it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

P.S. Thanks for posting pics of my car and engine. That's the stage of the build I would have liked to of seen it in when I flew out to RCR. I see they were installing my back window and progressing on it nicely as well.

Thanks for posting and I empathize with your trip from Hell with US Air (had a similar experience for the one-and-only time I'll fly to Cabo with them!).

Nice photos, esp that dark blue SL-C! Vicki says delivery will be timed for my next time off in September...

Doc

It's 4 AM and I home now after getting stranded twice - once in Detroit an hour from the hotel with no car to get anywhere.That followed a 4 hour delay at a changeover with 2 of those hours sitting in a commuter plane on a taxiway going nowhere. The RCR crew rescued me Thursday morning (thanks,Scott, Mark and Vicki) and got me to the shop. Great tour of the facilities and cars at various stages of completion. Also got a brief tour of some motorcycle exotica like a $75000 Ducati and others. Great crew at RCR,very talented people. Discussed finish details of my car with Fran and got to see some customer cars. That was the good part and then the Trip from Hell resumed with US Air stranding me AGAIN,this time in Philly, by cancelling the final leg of my return flight. Managed to get a flight into another city and forced US Air to provide a taxi ride($111) at 1 am across the state to the original location.
You guys may recognize your own in the accompanying pics.

Cool trip :thumbsup:

I wonder whose the white one is. Is it mine is it mine is it mine (Alex)? :)

The white SL-C is Dave's,I believe. Here are a couple more pics ((my daughter lost the charger for the digital cam so I had to use the cell phone cam - sorry about the quality) :

Attachments

• full tube 917.jpeg
    full tube 917.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 294
  • RCR shop.jpeg
    RCR shop.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 302
  • GT40 8-20.jpeg
    GT40 8-20.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 314
Great pictures for sure A.J.

That must be the finish staging area that your car is in. When Liz and I were there that's where DUTTON's car was.

Dave - I am looking forward to seeing another SL-C build. I want one some day too. In fact prior to my RCR40 purchase Fran and I had been discussing a SL-C purchase.

Back