Flying out to DTW and RCR

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
MY CAR!!!!!!!!!
Should be here next week.

Dave,
You are my hero. I'm going to live through you on your build sir. Please keep me updated and posted on your progress as you are building MY CAR!!! Mine would be spec'd just like yours. If I had money, we'd be twins. LOL Anyway, keep me updated PLEASE!!

AJ,
Good to talk to you on the phone and hear the whole story of your crazy travels. Man, you had a rough time. At least you got to go to the Man Candy Store at RCR though eh? LOL

Brian - I wanted to keep to the subject of the visit and didn't post the rest of the disasters like walking all the way to the only restaurant in the rain and having them turn off the lights just as I got to the door or the old container of purple colored cleaning agent my kid left in a pocket of the travel bag rupturing and spending the night/early morning trying to wash/dry all my clothes,shoes,etc and the bag. The hotel must have wondered how all the towels in the place turned purple as well as the looks I got in the airport wearing those clothes (there was this odd odor). I was tired last night when I posted those pics and neglected to mention how well the Nemesis is set up and how natural the seat/driving postion feels. Also how much elbow room is available in the SL-C. Fran showed me the read outs on the SL-C data aquisition module indicating 1.8G lateral and over !.2G forward acceleration. I must admit all that didn't matter too much as soon as the 427 LS7 fired up. I am really not a Nemesis or SL-C 'person' but they ARE well engineered cars. If either of these are your cup of tea, don't go there without your checkbook.
Dave,you do realize your ship date just went back to December,don't you?

Fran showed me the read outs on the SL-C data aquisition module indicating 1.8G lateral and over !.2G forward acceleration.
I think Fran would be doing himself a favor by posting info like this, particularly on the Superlite website. I've been, and I'm sure others as well, including prospective buyers, have been dying to read/see info like this. What the hell do know though? I bought one without any such info.
Dave,you do realize your ship date just went back to December,don't you?
Santa already has the elves loading the sleigh. Christmas in August!

That bronze colored car is awesome. I'm still amazed at how perfect the shape of the RCR GT40s are. Pictures like that always remind me of the pictures of the finished GT40 road cars all parked together in England waiting to be shipped out.

For sure, I would have to say that it is cool seeing a cars progress and people working on them in the RCR shop. It truely does remind you of the way it was back in the day. Almost an religious experience I wish A.J. Had some hi resolution photos of what he took they are great pics! And I have to agree about the Bronze car "A.J.'s car that color really looks awesome in the sun. In fact his car is painted almost the exact color I wanted my Cobra to be at one time.

At the risk of being branded as an "infidel" (the Iron Sheik would love it!) I will say that this is a standard Chrysler/Jeep Grand Cherokee color known as Inferno Red,not to be confused with Panama Red. Color code is PEL. It is a deep,maroon tinged red that turns bronze-like in bright light over contour changes. It contrasted well with the black accents that Fran had suggested. A good color for a smaller vehicle. The car will eventually have a rocker stripe matching either the wheel center color or in black. Not being a race or track car (as someone commented, it only has 440hp:rolleyes:) but a street car, I thought a subdued color would be nice. After seeing Allen English's machine in the shop, I'm now wondering if I made the right choice!

Last edited:
Back