For David Morton & other flyboys - Wow!

mossie in vancouver.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
John,
I flew on the Barry Sheene 'Just Amazing' project at R.A.F.Weston -on-the -Green for what was going to be the largest skydiving formation in the world, me flying a Twotter and dropping from FL180 (in October with the temp aound -35c). One or two dramas but all quite fun. I had the jumpmaster and 25 jumpers in addition to three film crew for most of the drops but when ever I left the film crew on the ground it was exactly like the picture you posted. It was difficult to keep <156 kts going vertical (even in beta - shhh !!)
Put my wife in the RHS for one such drop but she kept her eyes tight shut which was a pity as one of the Ardvark Pilots from Upper Heyford (Tooms) was doing exactly the same in formation spiralling around me in the 210 turbo. Happy days and lasting friendships.

Cal,
Isn't that something else. Just a staggering work of love and ability to achieve a restoration like that. As you know, the Mosquitoe Silhouette was the De Havilland emblem for many years.

Dave M

dave, yes the mossie is a huge project, my uncle brought this airframe over from ontario, with the intent to restore to flying condition. sold it to really good guy in vancouver who owns a very successful FBO. its slowly but surely being restored to better than new, note the griffon spit, fully restored stablemate

cut my teeth on DH products, i'm a metal man by trade, mostly buffs and dash 7 with some twotters thrown in for good measure, back in the day for field aviation. did some very interesting mods for some 3 letter agencies!

currently we have alot of product in england, most notably, london met police, national grid. we have number of products with easa stc

Attachments

• the ultimate in piston power.jpg
    the ultimate in piston power.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 229
Back