Forum Abuse and Advertising

Wanni

I for one would miss your colourful language so don’t go away. English is a very difficult language. There is a great story of the Frenchman (to pick a nationality at random) who spent 3 years studying English and felt that he had just about mastered it until he stepped off the Ferry and saw the news headlines.

"Thatcher pronounced Prime Minister"

Wanni, keep right on posting now that you understand the rules

Grow old disgracefully

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Guys, I think in his early postings Wanni was openly touting for business. He no longer does that, now that he appreciates that is not the way this forum works.

His translation into English is difficult and sometimes the meanings come out slightly skewed. I followed some of his technical explanations on the trans failure threads and although I knew where he was coming from and what he was trying to say, a lot of the detail was lost in the translation because the terms he was using were not the common ones that we would use.

However, I could not even attempt to communicate with him in Italian, so I think we should give him a little lattitude with his English and not jump down his throat if we think his choice of (English) wording offends our delicate sensibilities. It must take some considerable effort to communicate in a language you are not familiar with.

Wanni has made, and I am sure will continue to make a meaningful contribution to this forum and I for one would not like to see him give up in frustration. However having someone in the US as spokesman who is familiar with English language, customs, protocols and technical terms can only be could for all. And I certainly don't find that offensive!

Thanks Wanni.

Cheers

Vielen dank mein freund.
I think that keeping posting in a professional way soon or later will pay, if the forum is clear as I suppose it is.
Ciao Wanni

Back