Fraud - ARAO Engineering Inc - Buyer Beware!

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Re: ARAO Engineering Inc 32v heads

I Russell Arao apologize to those who have had to wait for their order.
Arao Engineering and Russell Arao have rectified the manufacturing problem with a manufacturing alliance with a large CNC manufacturing firm. This alliance has been much needed to alleviate a large "Bottleneck" in the manufacturing of its 32valve cylinder head products. This has been in the making for some time, and is now tooled up and manufacturing product. We tried to keep all manufacturing in house up until recently, but the decision was made to outsource. This helps alleviate some major problems in the delivery to customers of its product. I truly apologize to those customers who have had to wait. The significance of this alliance is stated here. The Facts are:
1) Old backorders of product to waiting customers are being taken care of FIRST.
2) Every model of cylinder head is being manufactured to be in stock. All Chevy and Ford.
3) With manufacturing outsourced, engineers can devote more time to Research and Development of its product.
The first backorder to be shipped with this new alliance went to Kevin Gall of Billet Racing. This was a special one off Blown Alcohol 32v Ford Cleveland head. With special 6 studs per cylinder and "O" ringed intake ports. A "Bad Ass" set of heads that most engine builders predict will produce well over 2000 HP on blown alcohol. We will make this data available when available to us.
Ongoing Horsepower comparisons are being conducted on other models and figures will be published.
You guys deserve the truth and to be informed, and you will get it.
Thank You
Russ Arao
[email protected]

this reads just like one of those Nigerian email scams

Ron Earp

Admin
While I'm kicking around in the "Feedback" forum I would add I received an email from someone at ARAO asking me to please remove this thread from the forum. Apparently this thread is causing them some problems with filling orders and keeping customers happy.

I can't imagine it is only this thread on the internet. Threads about ARAO exist on every Ford forum on the internet.

Sum it up - ARAO - Buyer Beware.

ARAO Engineering Inc.

ARAO Engineering Inc.
well i have been using service from arao engeneering for last few years and really satisfied with thier services .

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
Re: ARAO Engineering Inc.

ARAO Engineering Inc.
well i have been using service from arao engeneering for last few years and really satisfied with thier services .

A very informative first post. The spelling is superb..the the misspelling of "their"...is it Freudian?? Remove the r and add an f and you have thief...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Has anyone ever actually SEEN a set of these cylinder heads? All that I ever saw were CAD drawings. (note, I am not a buyer for anything like this; not even GW heads at 10K a pair, and I know those actually exist)

I seem to remember seing photos of them some time back - (several yrs) but not on a motor. Can probably find them if I dug deep enough.

For the record, I emailed 'Rob555' showing interest in the works that Arao had completed for him and have thus far received no reply.

IF they existed I'm sure that ARAO would have spoken up by now, why not, which at this point in time and from posts on other forums would definately place them in the PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION category in my eyes.

Shame really - would have been cool to be different.

Keith

Has anyone ever actually SEEN a set of these cylinder heads? All that I ever saw were CAD drawings. (note, I am not a buyer for anything like this; not even GW heads at 10K a pair, and I know those actually exist)

Seek and ye shall find. The only known pair in captivity...

32 valve small block chevy blown. nelson racing e- Video

Seems that people have been singing that familar tune: "Has anyone ever seen these heads"? For at least 6 years or more.... :singer:

actually, i stopped by his shop last year after i read the thread. would love to have a set of heads. but 8k is way out of my league. he has a small shop (2 people), several metal working machines, and several heads there. he said then that he farmed out the castings, had 3 or 4 sets of heads, some chevy, some ford. didn't look like he was in a position to manufacture anything. not well organized.
wes

Hi all,

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to remind people not to give Russ Arao any money.

It's now over three years since he took $11.5k from me & delivered nothing.

I even have an email from him promising to wire me a refund, but that didn't happen either.

What I can't understand is how come he's still in business? The governing authorities in California must be very lax. Must make other "legitimate" businesses in his area cringe.

Being on the other side of the planet doesn't help my cause. If I were local I would have been far less patient & paid him a personal visit long ago as suggested by an earlier poster.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi John !!

I thought of this thread the other day. I just recieved my Jan. 2011 issue of "Performance Racing Industry". Guess who one of the "New" advertisers was. Sure as shit on page 109, bottom right corner was Arao Engineering Inc. I visited their website, as it hadn't been updated in a long time, (now 7/06/10) when I was there last. There was even a link to some video with Mr. Arao himself, doing a conversion. Originally I was interested in some big block heads. His price for Big Block Chevy heads is beginning at $10,000.00 US. That is real close to what I"ll have into the heads I actually purchased. I'm not sure as I just got them, and am getting ready to send them out. I'm figuring $10--12,000.00 when theyr'e back to me. But at least I actually recieved the heads, and I'm not having some one take my money to do R&D on these things (Arao) for a few years. Perhaps the Arao heads are made of unobtanium.

Regards Brian

Hi all,

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to remind people not to give Russ Arao any money.

It's now over three years since he took $11.5k from me & delivered nothing.

I even have an email from him promising to wire me a refund, but that didn't happen either.

What I can't understand is how come he's still in business? The governing authorities in California must be very lax. Must make other "legitimate" businesses in his area cringe.

Being on the other side of the planet doesn't help my cause. If I were local I would have been far less patient & paid him a personal visit long ago as suggested by an earlier poster.

John, sorry to hear of your loss (ie. getting ripped off by ARAO) - that's really horrible. Ever thought about engaging an attorney in California? It can be a long and drawn out process but if you're persistent there's half a chance that justice will be done.

I just got done with a 2 year legal battle with a guy in Maine over some bogus automotive parts he was selling. Sent him $6,000 back in 2008 (he never delivered) but his attorney just sent me a bank check for $28,000 a couple months ago (damages plus legal fees) to settle it after it went all the way to the State Supreme Court and he lost. What a pain though.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
...Ever thought about engaging an attorney in California?...

I was wondering about that myself. This is one of those cases where I wish I were an attorney just so I could go kick the guy's ass (in the legal sense). I even live in CA.....

BTW, not trying to be a downer but after three years isn't the statute of limitations up on this?

John, sorry to hear of your loss (ie. getting ripped off by ARAO) - that's really horrible. Ever thought about engaging an attorney in California? It can be a long and drawn out process but if you're persistent there's half a chance that justice will be done.

I just got done with a 2 year legal battle with a guy in Maine over some bogus automotive parts he was selling. Sent him $6,000 back in 2008 (he never delivered) but his attorney just sent me a bank check for $28,000 a couple months ago (damages plus legal fees) to settle it after it went all the way to the State Supreme Court and he lost. What a pain though.

Was that on the 426 hemi stuff I think you contacted me about? I was wondering how that turned out if its the same case.

I was wondering about that myself. This is one of those cases where I wish I were an attorney just so I could go kick the guy's ass (in the legal sense). I even live in CA.....

BTW, not trying to be a downer but after three years isn't the statute of limitations up on this?

Alan, yup, it can certainly be helpful being an attorney (I am one) but you're often the butt end of many jokes....

I think you're right, the statute of limitations is relevant for sure, but I think the clock would start ticking from the time of non-performance/breach, meaning, from whatever time ARAO indicated they would deliver but did not. In other words, if they told John they would deliver in six months from the time of payment (but failed to do so) then that's when the statute timing would start to tick. Still, that's somewhere around two and half years...which is a long time....so John should engage an attorney quickly if he chooses to go that route.

John, let me know if you need a referral to a California business litigator - I can probably get you a solid referral that's local to ARAO.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Shotgun near his genitals would be cheaper !
Just make sure you have a wide smile on ur face at the same time,
should convince him.

This guy was at SEMA again this year, his booth looking a little rag tag as always which brought up memories of this thread in my head. I have heard many stories of this guy not delivering. Maybe contact SEMA and see if they could be any help, not saying they could but who knows?

Back