Free sterilization to all college age women!

Pat

Supporter
Jim, I'm sorry that you choose to denigrate my religion. It really is offensive and I'm saddened by that. To quote a blog on the Washington Post website, "...Ultimately, calling a religion a cult is a cowardly act, because the vagueness of the word provides plausible deniability to any who use it." In other words you have no idea what you are talking about.

The only entity seeking to interfere with doctor patient relationships is the government.

The only one seeking patient-doctor data is the government.

The only one seeking to veto doctors visits is the government.

It's an interesting commentary that churches are not getting a faith based exemption to the health care mandate yet more than three dozen businesses with locations in Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district were granted exemptions from the law, according to information released by the Department of Health and Human Services. The businesses -- mostly restaurants and cafes, with a few upscale hotels and clubs mixed in -- accounted for about 20 percent of all waivers in April.

Maybe if churches provided a wine list before the services...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Veek,

I had no intent to denigrate your religion. My point was that if you allow one religion the right to pick and choose what healthcare they approve of and what health care they will pay for, then you would have to allow every religion, every cult and Scientology to pick and choose.

It would never work.

We who live in an organized society often pay for things they do not wish to. Folks with no children still pay for schools, pacifists still pay for the military.

It happens................

As for the Nancy Pilosi's wavers, it sounds bad. If its true then she should be brought up on charges. I'll look into it.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Well, I have good news for you!

Apparently the person you got your information from, about the wavers was misreprisenting the facts. It seems that Ms Pilosi had nothing to do with it.

These exemptions were made because by law these employers were already paying into health care. Please be sure and read the the last paragraph.

Nancy Pelosi Is Being 'Thrown Under The Bus,' Says Company That Requested Health Care Waivers <!-- Large image -->

WASHINGTON -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) played no role in the process by which health care waivers were granted to a number of businesses in her district, according to the company that actually requested the waivers on behalf of its clients.
Flex-Plan Services, a third-party benefits administrator based in Bellevue, Wash., made the formal applications for waivers from President Barack Obama's health care law, said it founder, Hilarie Aitken.
"I don’t tend to vote Democratic, but I feel bad for Nancy Pelosi," Aitken told HuffPost. "She’s really being thrown under the bus here. It has nothing to do with her at all.

The admission deals a blow to the implication made Tuesday morning by the Daily Caller: It claimed Democratic lawmakers were effectively exempting businesses in their districts from the more onerous requirements of the presidential health care law. This was based on the fact that, of the 204 waiver requests that were approved in April, 38 were for restaurants, nightclubs or hotels in Pelosi's district.

In actuality, Aitken explained, the high percentage of waivers is the byproduct of local law rubbing against the new national legislation. In April 2008, San Francisco passed an ordinance requiring employers to spend a minimum amount per hour on health care for their employees who work in the city. In response, a number of eateries chose to set up Health Reimbursement Arrangements, which are essentially pools of funds set aside by employers to reimburse medical expenses paid by employees.

Those sound like fair exemptions to me. You wouldn't want to make them pay twice. I hope this helps restore your faith in our government:)

You may want to avoid that source for your information, they are not to be trusted.

Last edited:

Keith

Veek didn't say that Ms Pelosi had anything personally to do with it, he said the waivers happened in her district.

It would have been sufficient to publish your answer without your sarcastic editorial. It really serves no purpose and tends to deter members from debating anything with you.

Personally, this US healthcare issue sounds like a nightmare. It was so much easier for the UK straight after the war - no-one even had to think about it. There was little or no precedent and everyone had to pay for doctor treatments which is why my mother had the best medical books in the street! She was our doctor.. :thumbsup:

PS. I gew up actually believeing that doctors were actually called 'quacks' because my mother used the term so often. I had no idea it was a derisory term!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Veek didn't say that Ms Pelosi had anything personally to do with it, he said the waivers happened in her district./QUOTE]

Lets take a scinentific poll, just three questions:

(1) Veek would never blame Ms Pilosi for anything.

(2) Veek abosolutly blamed Pilosi for the wavers.

(3) I dont know.

It seems that 83% of the people here on the fourm say he did blame Ms Pilosi:)

Last edited:

Keith

Now you've lost me. 83% of the forum say what?

I don't get it.

Look I'm a bit short sighted these days and if I've missed something please point it out: Seriously, I am now concerned I am going blind or something.

"It's an interesting commentary that churches are not getting a faith based exemption to the health care mandate yet more than three dozen businesses with locations in Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district were granted exemptions from the law, according to information released by the Department of Health and Human Services. The businesses -- mostly restaurants and cafes, with a few upscale hotels and clubs mixed in -- accounted for about 20 percent of all waivers in April."

Pat

Supporter
Ok, then, let’s talk about the waivers in Ms Pelosi’s district. The fact is they are there, they were a significant portion of those granted earlier this year. Further, the Obamacare waivers were never in the original law, and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) granted itself the power through administrative rules, sort of like their contraception/sterilization/abortion mandate on religious institutions. Several of the organizations and unions that lobbied HHS to grant itself the power to issue waivers from Obamacare’s annual limit requirements either got waivers themselves or have political connections to companies or groups that did. That includes the owner of the company that applied for the 38 waivers that went to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco district.
As for the waivers themselves, first, and most obvious, if they met the Obamacare mandated standards, they wouldn’t need a waiver now would they? To quote Ms Pelosi’s spokesman Nadeam Elshami. "These waivers are reviewed and granted solely by the Administration in an open and transparent process so workers currently enrolled in ‘mini-med’ policies like those in San Francisco and across the country will not be punished and lose the minimum coverage they already have."
But wait, Mr. Obama and Ms Pelosi promised over and over that under Obamacare nobody would lose their coverage and their doctor. So the Mini-meds are allowed to under-insure their employees with a waiver with savings to the bottom line of their employers. But they must be struggling small businesses right? To quote Ms Pelosi during a CNBC interview:
“They’re small. I couldn’t speak to all 1,800 of them (Obamacare waivers), but some of the lists that I have seen have been very, very small companies. They will not have a big impact on the economy of our country,”
True… very small companies and organizations, such as McDonalds and Darden Restaurants here in Orlando (Olive Garden, Red Lobster etc.). In fact entire states have gotten waivers (but only very small ones like Florida, New Jersey, Ohio and Tennessee).
But to focus back on the waiver needy businesses in San Francisco, they include:
Boboquivari’s who advertises $59 porterhouse steaks, $39 filet mignons and $35 crab dinners.
Then, there’s Café des Amis, which describes its eating experience as “a timeless Parisian style brasserie” which is “located on one of San Francisco’s premier shopping and strolling boulevards, Union Street,” according to the restaurant’s Web site. (Where's my beret?)
“Bacchus Management Group, in partnership with Perry Butler, is bringing you that same warm, inviting feeling, with a distinctive San Francisco spin,” the Web site reads. Somehow, though, the San Francisco upper class eatery earned itself a waiver from Obamacare because it apparently cost them too much to meet the law’s requirements.
And my favorites, four-star hotel Campton Place got one too, as did Hotel Nikko San Francisco, which describes itself as “four-diamond luxury in the heart of the city.” Tru Spa, which Allure Magazine rated the “best day spa in San Francisco,” all received Obamacare waivers.
Meanwhile across town, founded in 1907 to care for the orphans of the San Francisco earthquake, Catholic Charities CYO has been a leader in providing human services to the Bay Area for over 100 years. Today, they operate more than 30 programs throughout San Francisco, Marin, and San Mateo Counties. These programs change the lives of children, families in crisis, single parents, the homeless, the elderly and disabled, those living with HIV/AIDS, and refugees and immigrants. Their programs bring youth - of all socioeconomic backgrounds - together to take part in organized athletic programs, summer camp, and environmental education. San Francisco Catholic Charities’ net revenue FY2011 was about $36 million, $31 million of which was distributed in their multiple programs. If this is a “business” they are operating at a huge loss in giving away over 86% of their revenue (is that why they call them non-profits and they get tax breaks?). And while patrons of Boboquivari’s enjoy their steak and fine wine, the Catholic Charities of San Francisco will shut it’s doors before it will fund sterilization, abortion and birth control. Too numerous to mention are other religious based charities from a multiplicity of other faiths. Especially noteworthy is the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties who do great work. No waivers are apparently appropriate for either.
Also being allowed on the waiver train have been other not-so-small entities, such as AARP and countless labor unions. The United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund, with 351,000 people, was also a waiver recipient. Where do you think most of their political contributions go?
To be more accurate, Ms Pelosi also should have said to CNBC the waivers went to “mostly unionized companies, big donors and of course restaurants I like” instead of “mostly small companies.”
The low point of the recession was January 2009, when 841,000 Americans lost their jobs in just one month. The economy then began to slowly recover over the next 15 months as private employers began hiring workers at an average rate of 67,600 per month. The economy’s high point came with the April 2010 report, when 229,000 jobs were created.
Once Obamacare was forced on us, a hiring freeze began. In the months since it became law, the economy has added an average of only 6,500 jobs per month sliding downward. It causes too much economic uncertainty for employers that don’t have waivers, and the unemployment situation is unlikely to improve much until it’s repealed or profoundly altered.

I am just over the college age group. But young enough to not know if I want kids or not. I really think they should offer this to men. At lest with men we can fix it later. I would fell pretty sad if I meet the woman of my dreams. Then she tells me she can not have my kids. Because at 20 years old she did not want kids. In reality how many made good choices when you were 20.

Before any one ask. I have thought about getting a vasectomy. But most Dr's will not do if your under 30 and do not have a kid.

or at least the Midwest:)

Man that is funny. I would never tell a Midwest woman what do to. Let alone with her body. If I told a Midwest woman what to do with her reproductive organs. One of three things will happen. I will be on the floor with a broken nose. I will be going to the hospital with a gun shoot wound, Or you will hear man gets killed over telling his wife to get her tubes tied.

Midwest woman know how to throw a punch. They also know how to shoot a gun. Then clean the carcase. Since most of them hunt. So would you be brave enough to tell a woman that can do all that. What to do with her body?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Send you comments to

Robert ********
*********,** *****

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The board Nazis has spoken.

What, LB, like somebody might think you ought to be held responsible for your actions and words?

Consequences...consequences...just b/c Jim was smart enough to out you, doesn't mean you are right...he's as far from a nazi as any I've ever seen.

Robert ********
*********,** *****

Cheers from Doug!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah craik is a genius. Someone, who shall remain nameless, on my friends list here at GT40s told craik my last name. craik's lack of self control caused him to go menopausal.

And, there is something fascist about putting someone's private information up publicly because you don't like what that person is saying.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Once more in a long line of incorrect statements, Mr Fechter is wrong again. He was not outed by someone on his friends list. He was outed by a "friend", but not someone from his "friends" list.

Last edited:
Back