From 'The Avengers' With Love

Re: From \'The Avengers\' With Love

ahahah..U are GREAT Dave!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW,anybody knows the sort of this car? infos as chassis numbers,destiny around the world? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif

Paolo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Just rang Ronnie S and the chassis number is 1038...The Essex Wire car.
He originally thought it was 1001.
Programme filmed in October 1966...car lent by John Horsman of JW.

As an aside Lee Maxted-Page has 1027 for sale.....the JCB car.
Price ?.........well they are all a million pounds are they not ?

Well, you guys just answered a question I have had! I have the body of chassis #1017 in my shop right now and have been wondering what the round hole was in the back right fender of the tail. By the looks of the hole, it's been filled in long ago. Part of the "Gulf" flare is covering it. A small piece of GT40 history uncovered! Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Just rang Ronnie S and the chassis number is 1038...The Essex Wire car.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the answer.

Curves in all the right places, even covered up ...

Attachments

• 76113-gt40DianaRigg.jpg
    76113-gt40DianaRigg.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 403

Well this is an amazing coincidence. I fell asleep in front of the TV last night and when I woke up at 2:30am, there it was… this scene of the Avengers playing on the TV. I thought I was still dreaming.

Just curious, what was the significance of the GT40 in this episode?

Chris, it's something of a weak story, but I remember thinking it was just great because it had a GT40 in it! (Diana Rigg also appealed, even at that young age...)

So Emma Peel had been searching for a "mirror-like UFO" that had been blasting death rays at astronomers gazing at planet Venus through their telescopes. The authorities had mistaken it for a UFO because of its mirror-like shine! It gives Ms Peel the runaround, and she only discovers it when it's under wraps, after following it to a barn in her Lotus.

From a TV critic of the time: "Curiously, the UFO only followed the path of the British roads ..."

Attachments

• 76149-rigggt40.jpg
    76149-rigggt40.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 367
Back