Gary kadrmas (kccorral2075) Has Passed On

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Life is full of surprises - some wonderful - like being part of an on-line car community such as this - and others terribly sad like the loss of Gary. I have no doubt that Gary had a very strong and loving support network in his family and immediate friends during his final days. Vicki and family, I hope you find some comfort in the knowledge that Gary was highly thought of here and he will be dearly missed. My personal thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

Sincerely,
Dave Lindemann

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Vicki and family !!
My condolences to the family. His insight will be missed !!!

GOD SPEED GARY !!!!!!

Regards Brian

My condolences, I'm sorry to here he passed. I'm about to complete my GT40 and I could not wait to drive it to Estacada, see Gary and the Cobra ( I live in Beaverton) Gary helped me aswell. He will be missed.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Very saddened to learn of Gary's passing. Thoughts and prayers go to his family for their loss.

This is a shock. My sincere, heartfelt condolences to you Vicki and your family. You can be proud to know that Gary was well respected within this community. We shall be thinking of you.

Goodbye Gary. Sad sad news.

Vicki and family - it is obvious that Gary was well respected and liked here and I expect that was true in all aspects of his life. Condolences to you. Thankyou Vicki for taking the time to post here.

Tim.

While saddened to hear of Garys passing its nice to note that he was able to have some enjoyment at what must have been some tough times from this Website. He seemed to particularly enjoy 'old racer' tales, you know the ones-what happened on the way to/from the track or behind the scenes! Like all others my thoughts are with his family & friends--

I only knew Gary thru his posts here,as i lurk here a lot attempting to learn all i can about the 40's and Gary seemed to have a wealth of knowledge and i greatly enjoyed his posts.Godspeed Gary.
Bill

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Best wishes during this sad time. Gary struck me as having a positive outlook on life even during times of adversity. I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to meet in person.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Condolences and my heartfelt deepest sympathies to Garys family and loved ones. As has been iterated, he never once complained about his battle with cancer, only ever stating things in a positve and matter of fact way. A great inspiration to all on how to live ones life to the fullest. Vicki and family I am sure are very proud of him and his achievements and I am glad that I got to know him via the pages of this wonderful website.

Deeply saddened....

Bill H

Vicki and family,

My deepest condolences during this time of great sadness. I didn't know Gary personally, but felt that I did through his posts.

Mark

Vicki
My condolences to you and your family. I never met Gary, but did try to contact him. I would have liked to of met him and to had a chance to see his Cobra. I'm sure that he would have had some great stories to tell about his car.

Memories of Gary

Another famous incident happened after a club meeting in which Gary Kadramas (Cobra owner that let me drive his car so I reciprocated) and Larry Cockerham (Crazy Larry). Larry had just purchased a 67 GT500 and challenged us on the way home on I-205 (before the Glen Jackson Bridge, no traffic) Gary asked should we? I said just don't push it over 6,000 RPM, it's a tired old original engine. Just then Larry jumped all over the GT500. Steam started pouring out the vents in the hood and sparks were flying out from under the car and then started to turn toward us at over 100 mph! Gary grabbed 3rd gear and got on the shoulder as the 500 passed behind us. I looked out the back and saw the headlights reappear and disappear three times before stopping. We went down to Sunnyside and back to Foster to return to pick up the pieces. Larry's GT500 was facing the wrong way in the center meridian and not a scratch on it. Turns out when Larry's C6 downshifted it snapped the water pump shaft resulting in the fan cutting the lower radiator hose, transmission cooling lines and tearing into the radiator. He hit the brakes when his windshield was covered with the mixture and spun in the stuff. What a wild ride! When his car was safely put away at Burwell's Ford Specialty, I told Larry "when you race a GT350, it'll cost you $350.00!"
Ken Walker, 5S377
One thing Ken left out of this story was the fire trucks and Oregon State Police that showed up..They had a report that there was a car on its top and on fire. If it wasn't for Gary I would still be in jail.. I told the cop that I had just left a club meeting and we were all driving home when a cat jumped out in front of me. Well my buddy Gary walk down the hiway with the officer and tried to convince him that nothing was going on before the accident. As they walked down the road they looked at my skid marks to see if I had hit a cat. Well as luck would have it there was a old dead cat right in the middle of my skid marks so the officer didn't take me to jail. This was hard for the cop because after he and Gary got back I ask to use his flash light to see what had broke. When I pop the hood on the GT500 and the cop looked at that 428 & duel 4's he ask if I was sure that I wasn't blowing out the carbon in her was I.. Oh NO officer...
This story happened over 25 years ago when Gary, Ken and I were in our 30's.. Gary was a great friend right up to the end and he never gave up in his illness on the cars he loved.
Crazy Larry
SAAC N.W. President

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear of Gary's passing and his family's loss. What a tragic shame. I spoke with Gary once and he was very friendly and helpful with some very simple/rookie questions I had. He struck me as full of life and thankful to be involved in many satisfying endeavors, one of which was obviously his keen involvement with his long-time automotive friends.

The next time I get in my GT40 for a drive I will say a silent prayer for Gary.

Back