GEARZ SLC Build?

Does anyone know what has happened to the SLC build on the GEARZ program? I have set my recorder for the last 2 weeks for the 8PM show (CST) of Gearz but another show is playing on Speed in that time slot. I can't find the new shows and there is nothing on the GEARZ website that tells me when they will be showing the next installment of the SLC or even tell me when the show is now airing. Apparently, 8PM on Monday is no longer the correct time slot.

Does anyone have any updated information?

They are re-running the first three shows at the moment..

We have not been told when the new shows will be aired yet.....sorry John

It has to be about the most confusingly scheduled show I have ever seen, they jump around all over the place, if they are doing a piece on the SL-C then that should be the theme for the season/until completion.

Sure have things appear on the side but the SL-C should be the main feature of every episode. This and other overly complicated things in the US as I am discovering! :)

Thanks, Fran.

Garage is coming along. Goodwood and the Classic LeMans are in a few weeks. Next thing on the bucket list is the SLC (for next year), although that D-type is really "sexy".

I should have tried to convince you to relocate to San Antonio rather than moving down the street in Detroit. I would have loved to help get you set up here (including economic development incentives for new businesses.) It would put you close to Vintage Air and Griffin (and me). But that is being selfish.
John

Welcome to the USA and the unorganized manner in which these reality automotive programs present their various projects. All of the Powerblock shows on Spike TV do this same thing. Couple of shows on a particular vehicle and then you might not see it again for months. This has been a complaint of mine for years. They probably use an excuse of "not everyone likes each build project so we keep changing the projects to keep people interested and continued viewership."

And I guess it works, because people like me complain but keep coming back for more.

Do you think Stacey is actually building the car? Or is it his team behind the scenes?

I saw the show for the first time on TV last night; I saw it on the internet before, but it was nice to see it uncut on TV. The scenes from the RCR factory was cut on the internet version.

He does not have a team...he really does the hands on stuff himself...he is a car guy, owned a shop and did restoration work too......not just a TV personality

Unfortunately, it isn't a new episode, although it might be new for you. Glad someone is keeping a watchful eye out for new shows though!

I think I watched a new episode last night.
The first part of the show talked about going to GM Performance and building your own LS7 or LS9, If you buy a LS7 or LS9 crate engine (and pay an addition fee) or if you purchase a Z06.
Then it went into connect that engine to a Porsche G50 transaxle for the SLC.
Pretty cool episode.
I thought they would have used one of the new Griffin transaxle thou.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I think I watched a new episode last night.
The first part of the show talked about going to GM Performance and building your own LS7 or LS9, If you buy a LS7 or LS9 crate engine (and pay an addition fee) or if you purchase a Z06.
Then it went into connect that engine to a Porsche G50 transaxle for the SLC.
Pretty cool episode.
I thought they would have used one of the new Griffin transaxle thou.

Rich - Sorry, not a new episode - but I'll keep watching!

Dave L

It looks like Stacy is planning some forced induction for the LS7. As part of the specification, he is listing a pair of turbos and is having Schwartz Performance handle the engine set up. Jeff Schwartz has been running around the midwest with a TT-LS2 Ultima with over 1,000 hp. Should be nice ....
:thumbsup:

That is going to be something else. The detail of the install will also be very interesting.

Break out your wallet for a Schwartz turbo engine (or any engine at that level), good stuff and I too will be interested in the details of the installation. It can only mean that in the future one can buy a turbo engine for and SLC from Jeff and most of the engineering will already be done.

So it looks like we may have a Supercar show down coming up soon.
SL-C OMFG vs Veyron super sport, Stacy just needs a set of those $24,000.00 tires, an air brake, extra large gas tank and some balls the size Texas.
Im thinking you may see the rear wing option being added to the list of must have's.
This is going to be cool ride for sure.

Alex you might want to have a look at this twin set up :wiseguy:
You could have it and it up and running in a few hours, sorry I had to jump on the band wagon (wink)

Attachments

• gerble wheel.jpg
    gerble wheel.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 290
Back