Goodwood test day

VCC56

Lifetime Supporter
Nadine and I are doing a test day at Goodwood 7th April with the Comp Coupe. There might still be available places? You'll need an ARDS licence or sometimes they might let you do it on a Speed A-open. Its 105db, 5 car sessions, £250. Give Goodwood a call if you fancy some track time or come by and say hi. We're there all day.

I might be able to come and have a look in the afternoon, don't have a race licence so won't get on track, but its always good to drop by and have a look at whats about. I'm just down the road so its not too far for me. I might even give the GTD a run out. Do you know what other cars might be there?

Thanks

Jason

VCC56

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jason,

It would be very nice to meet you and see your GTD if you bring it along. I don't know what other cars are going to be on track, but as it is a test day, it could be quite an interesting collection of race cars. If they can get past the noise test!

I don't have a race licence so won;t be able to get my Noble on track, but I'm hoping to pop down in the morning to spectate.

Malcolm

Supporter
I got a license Chris so I could put it on track for you....shame they most likely won't allow passengers on a test day

Great idea Malcolm.
Why didn't I think of that!
I could even pay the £250 entry fee if you like, and pay for the fuel, just so I could have the pleasure of watching you drive round all day!

Malcolm

Supporter
You are even more wonderful than I ever thought! I mean, how many guys here really understand sponsorship.....:)

Another enjoyable day at Goodwood. The Comp Coupe was running well and Nadine and Rick (over from Woodhouse Racing USA) made measurable improvements to the Viper's handling by means of adjusting ride-heights, cornerweights etc etc and were also getting to grips with the Motec ADL Dash/logger. Talking of Motec - Le Mans champion Andy Wallace dropped by with his wife who on introduction described herself as a 'Motec Nerd' which I found quite amusing. She also runs all the Motec Telemetry / Data aquisition on cars that Andy pedals..

Didn't snap many pics but here's a couple of the coupe and also a nice 'stang' that I think I also saw at Donington on Sunday last.

Attachments

• IMG_0126a.jpg
    IMG_0126a.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0136a.jpg
    IMG_0136a.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0119a.jpg
    IMG_0119a.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 208
I managed to get up for a couple of hours in the afternoon, what a great day. It was good to meet you Malcolm and Paul. I took the GTD there for a run out, Andy Wallace had a good look round it and said he thought it looked like a scary car to drive fast!!

Took a few pics, it looked like some people were struggling to meet the strict noise levels at Goodwood (Aesthetically pleasing exhaust on the Porsche)

DSCF2283.jpg

DSCF2292.jpg

Jason

Back