Grant's SL-C Build tread

Grant. Thank you so much for the great ideas. I hope you do not mind when I use (steal) your ideas for when I get to that part of my build on things. You rock.

Thanks guys, I would have liked to take all the credit but Pagani may have had something to do with the concept lol. Once I have my Dash commander from Troy I will start on the bling for center console. I was thinking of making some brushed Stainless sill plates for inside the door sills with SL-C laser-ed into them they might be something I can offer you gentlemen if interested? might get a better price if I were to make up a few sets at a time.
Cheers,

Thanks guys, I would have liked to take all the credit but Pagani may have had something to do with the concept lol. Once I have my Dash commander from Troy I will start on the bling for center console. I was thinking of making some brushed Stainless sill plates for inside the door sills with SL-C laser-ed into them they might be something I can offer you gentlemen if interested? might get a better price if I were to make up a few sets at a time.
Cheers,

Grant - I have some interest in rocker protective sill plates. Post up your design-thoughts when you get there.

Thx, Mike

Grant - I have some interest in rocker protective sill plates. Post up your design-thoughts when you get there.

Thx, Mike

Grant-I too am interested in some brushed S.S sill plates; count me in.

Based upon everything else you have designed, I know this will be another quality piece that will tend to give the car a "high end production car look"! Fits right into my concept of my finished car.
Jim

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Stooopid question:
Did you make the 'glass seat 'pod' shown in post #89, or...???

THAT is some kind of impressive either way!

(If it isn't Fran's, it darn sure ought to be!)

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Great work!

I'm interesting the sill plates also. If you like to make some more kick panel speaker enclosures I'd be interesting in those too!

Pete

Hello Larry,
Yes I did make my own seats, console and fillers between the seats and doors. I have wide shoulders and hips and couldn't find anything that fit right so I made everything from scratch now I seat on the floor so there is a lot of headroom as I am pretty much seating straight up instead of angled back like most seats do in this car.

Seems there are a lot of interest for sill plates I will drawing them up in CAD here soon I could get a bunch laser cut and ship them out to anyone interested or I could just give you the CAD file so you can down load and send to your local laser cutter which ever you guys find easier for you. I am thinking a 20 or 22 ga brushed stainless will work well for this you would just need something like 3M panel tape or spray on adhesive to stick them on with.
Cheers,

Pete sorry won't be doing any more kick panel speaker enclosures for me they were a LOT of work Being fiberglassing is not may fortay. But I am sure there are people in your city that do it for a living and could offer you something very close for less money than I would charge lol.

I have mocked up a sill plate in masking tape on one jamb let me know if this will work for you guys ?
I am using CAD so my repertoire of Fonts is limited
I can free hand draw in CAD if someone has a better text option then the one I used here.
Cheers,

Attachments

• _MG_6512.jpg
    _MG_6512.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 533
  • _MG_6513.jpg
    _MG_6513.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 443
  • _MG_6514.jpg
    _MG_6514.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 467

Michael Fling

Supporter
Grant...

Opinions are like asxholes... everybody has one. "If" I had a choice, I would prefer a less blocky script. There is a script called "Brush Script" that I think looks really nice. I noticed too that you have SL-C. I would prefer SLC without the -. Just one more opinion. I will be happy to go with whatever you choose. Great job and thanks for your hard work!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Hello Larry,
Yes I did make my own seats, console and fillers between the seats and doors. I have wide shoulders and hips and couldn't find anything that fit right so I made everything from scratch now I seat on the floor so there is a lot of headroom as I am pretty much seating straight up instead of angled back like most seats do in this car.

Well, you did a TOP NOTCH job! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Grant,

I agree with Micheal, I think some sort of scrip would be more appropriate or if the block letters were three dimensional or a just a heavier block, it may look a little classier. I have enclosed a drawing of a rear badge that I'm having made. The SL-C is block but a heavy italic block.

However, I realize that your options are limited and therefore, will go along with the rest of the croup.
Jim

Attachments

• img040.jpg
    img040.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 272
Thanks for the feed back I wasn't crazy about the fonts either I found one called space age I have manually drawn it in CAD tell me what you think, its pretty cool.

Attachments

• G__MES_Fleet Support_Fabrication Tech_FS_Grant_Grants stuff_SL-C_emergency mount shifter mount s.pdf
    5.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Thanks for the feed back I wasn't crazy about the fonts either I found one called space age I have manually drawn it in CAD tell me what you think, its pretty cool.

Grant, I like it :thumbsup: Just don't forget the hyphen between the "L" and the "C".
Jim

I used the following logo design throughout my car, including on these pedal covers I had made up for me...

photo_zps9d65b41d.jpg

I also have the logo for the exterior (see my avatar), on the steering wheel, and other places in the car.

Back