GT 40 P/2231 finally at home!

Let's not forget that he has the double locking posts on the rear deck lid as well, another nod to authenticity. Also no roof vent that I can see.
Garry

Great job! I noticed the step down in the RHD shifter. Is Superformance building them that way now or did Dynamic engineer that for you? The first RHD cars I saw from Superformance did not have that step down and the shifter interfered with the steering wheel going into reverse. Also, I didn't see a center mounted parking brake. Did you relocate that under the dash per original? Hoping to see more photos.

Best,
Mike

Last edited:
Hi Folks

Thanks for the compliments. I have not taken much more pictures of the car. I had not have the chance and time really. Most of the pics are in my profile album in the forum.
Attached one picture that I took a few days ago to show the procedure to take the car out of the driveway. I wish I had a less steeper driveway!

JP

Last edited:

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Beautiful car!

You know, in the whole scheme of things, having a contractor out to make your driveway "GT40 friendly" would not take that much money!

JP, beautiful car!
I have gone through the careful measurements, finding angles, etc. I will be doing the plywood "trick" if I am wrong. Calculated, I have 1/2" to spare on a carefully planned aproach to my driveway.

Pat, I would have done it for sure if I was going to live there forever, but that is a temporary home. Car will be there for just a few more months, hopefully.
Thanks Molleur, and yes, you need to make your calculations, but the more parallel to the ramp you approach it, the less you will have to raise the nose.

Well I made a wooden "kart" with same ground clearance, track and wheelbase from old scrap 2 x 4's and planked the bottom with some cheap plywood, ran it from street up the driveway to be sure. All of my calculations were okay. !/2" to spare. Got lucky!

Hi !
That´s a very nice car. Great Job.
Please can you tell which seat covers where inside installed ?
Because i am looking for this one in Europe an can´t find the same which are in your car.
Will be great if you mail a contact.

Thank´s
Thomas

It has been very hot here, miserable for a few days, and raining yesterday... But finally nice-decent weather this morning, so I managed to get the picture of the GT40 key fob reunited with my car... And with the gear shift knob and the GT badge. They look the part...

Great presents from my very good friend James... Beautiful!

Thanks again, mate. You made my day!

One additional shot of the car on the driveway, on an almost cold, sunny morning.

Last edited:
JP, that is simply stunning. Fabulous colour choice. Get a little road-rash and who would know it wasn't a period car?

Thanks for the compliments, folks!

I probably pamper her too much, Mark. My fault!

I will have the pedal box fitted not latter than this coming Christmas, James. Already arranged and looking forward to it. It is going to make a big difference. Will be at the Revival Friday and Saturday. Are you planning to be around?

JP

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
JP,
The pedal box update sounds good.
I've been rather ill this past month but we are still hoping to be at the Revival all weekend with the gang, but taking it easy.
Give me the usual call my friend.

Lovely car!

A nice change to see someone having a car "their way" - a bespoke GT40.

As one who is getting closer to GT40 ownership I have gotten caught up in "more and bigger is better" syndrome. 500+ hp 363 or 427, 4 inch Gulf flares, bright colours - a loudly stated GT40 for me.

Then I come across your thread of a nice understated and gentlemanly green machine with a tiny 289 in there.

Please do tell us how that little 289 performs. Is it still a rocket with close to 400 hp? The torque is not too shabby either an I imagine the curve is pretty flat?

Is your jewel a stark performer?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Lovely car!

A nice change to see someone having a car "their way" - a bespoke GT40.

As one who is getting closer to GT40 ownership I have gotten caught up in "more and bigger is better" syndrome. 500+ hp 363 or 427, 4 inch Gulf flares, bright colours - a loudly stated GT40 for me.

Then I come across your thread of a nice understated and gentlemanly green machine with a tiny 289 in there.

Please do tell us how that little 289 performs. Is it still a rocket with close to 400 hp? The torque is not too shabby either an I imagine the curve is pretty flat?

Is your jewel a stark performer?

Keep in mind a 302 is externally the same as a 289. You can build a new Dart or Ford Boss 302 four bolt block to look 95% of a period 289 and have plenty of easy power without stressing the engine. And you can't see a stroker form the outside.....

Back