GT 40 P/2231 finally at home!

I can't speak for JP (although his car is amazing) but there are several members with ~400 hp which is what I assume where the 289 is at. They are very happy with the results, in fact Howard is usually one that champions the lower HP (relatively) with better brakes and suspension.

Kevin

Back here after a couple of days on the road.

I am more than happy with my almost 400 hp (390 to be precise) engine. It is the figure that MKI´s used to give in period, so why should I need more? Torque is also similar to period according to the dyno sheets (which I do not have here)

On the other hand most of the driving I do or plan to do is on the public roads, with some occasional track time some day (nothing yet), but not planning to do any historic racing, do not plan to compete to win races, so... I tell you, more than that is way too much, I do not need it. And when you hit that pedal... You can feel that engine at the back pushing!

JP

The "more is better" syndrome is very contagious but does not make for a car that's fun to drive on the street. I built a 331 starting with a new Boss 302 block. I have a few more HP but it's more than I will ever need. Most of us a not as young as we would like to be so having 500+ HP doesn't make a lot of sense IMHO. To each his own. JP beautiful job I love it and wouldn't change a thing. Not sure if you answered the question about the dual rear clip latches. Are they from SPF or did you have to have them fabricated? That is something I would like to do on my car and SPF should put them on all of the MK1's.

Thanks for sharing your great ride but we need lots more pictures, lots more!

Back