GT-R graziano transaxle install

I will soon be looking to bolt a graziano transaxle into a RCR GT-R without the motor to ship the car. I am told it will be secure that way but I need to know what size and bolts I will need. Thanks for any help, Jim

thanks for the reply. how many of those are needed?
does that sound correct that those bolts will be enough to hold the trans in place without the motor in place?

Joel K

Supporter
Jim,

Below are the attach points I think needed for shipping, most of this HW should be in the kit already.

1)You need the rear engine mounts in place with 3/8” bolts and lock nuts. 3” long will work, 2 per side.
2)the transaxle plate attaches to those mounts with the bolts Ken described.
3)The Trans mounts to the transaxle plate with M10 bolts, you could use 40mm long, 4 should work just for shipping
4)Then you have rear trans mounting ears attach to the side of the trans, 4M8 bolts on each side
5)Then attach 4 trans mount braces to the mounting ears with 1/2” bolts.

That will secure It for shipping.

Here is a link to my build thread which shows how it all goes together…look at post #400 and #402

Last edited:
Joel, thanks for those links they are helpful. I am not seeing how the front of the trans is supported without the motor and adaptor plate. any help there?

Joel K

Supporter
You would need just the adapter plate. The adapter plate gets attached to the rear engine mounts which attach to the frame. If you don’t have one you could make it out of 1/2” plywood. The trans is not all that heavy, I think 125 pounds.

Back