GT40 Australia Chassis #64

We'll take over from now hey!?

No worries hope you and your Dad enjoy DRB #64 as much as I have building the car.

Jack here's some pics for you and I'm sure Bernie will update the build thread as he continues this cars progression. Thanks to all the Guys that have giving me heaps of advice along the way and I am looking forward to finding a new project.
Cheers Dave S.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 852
Cheers mate!

We have already done a fair bit of research and have a fair few parts on the way...

We'll keep everyone up to date with the progress. It will be great fun!

Thanks Dave. It looks great. The red with white stripes and black wheels is always one of my favorite combinations. I look forward toseeign what Todd et al do with it from here on in when they add their own personal touches.

Cheers

Jack

Here are some fresh pics... just some quickies I took on the way home from having dinner up in Coonawarra tonight.

Enjoy.

n537465007_1944025_3399.jpg

n537465007_1944024_3065.jpg

n537465007_1944027_3848.jpg

n537465007_1944029_4444.jpg

n537465007_1944030_4736.jpg

n537465007_1944031_5021.jpg

n537465007_1944032_5367.jpg

The stand off...
n537465007_1944026_3661.jpg

Dad added the stickers and a few other things... I'm not 100% sure on the placement of the stickers. I think there is a bit too much in such a small place...

Initial impressions of the car is just how direct the steering is and how well it handles. For a pretty standard 302, it gets moving pretty nice as well. Not sure about the 200km/h speedo Dave, that was kinda selling it short wasnt it!?!

Looking forward to having a bit more of a drive before we pull the engine down and giving it a bit more life... including ITBs and Autronic. Its amazing who comes out of the woodwork when you roll around in one of these things... ;) :)

Thanks,

Todd

Last edited:
Mmmm. Just taking a drive before TMK takes the GT40..

I have purchased a Kitacore injection set up. It arrives this week. Additionally a set of Edelbrock performer heads and Yella terra rockers.

I have Shane Wilson the engine builder for the touring cars including 888 and DJR about to throw tools at the engine.

I was going to put the 15" BRM's on, but I'm a little undecided. The champage Cobra wheels look nice and are 16" so I may keep them. The 16" will allow the big calipers and the upgrade from 305 - 330 dics rotars.

Later this week I'll start with aluminium inside - similiar to the Cobra.

A full gallery of photos of the Cobra are on the Australian site at Club Cobra - Club Cobra Home

Will keep you posted !!

Yes big day on the GT40 today.

Took all the perspex out and placed the rubber seals in. Looks good did all the windows and the headlight areas.

Then added two aircraft vents and the hinge windows to the side.

So a big day today.

Bernie Knight

Beautiful color combination!

Red with black wheel centers just make a GT40 look right, if you know what I mean.

Keep us updated on your modifications you make to your car, and love those pictures you have already shared with us.

Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!!! Burn rubber any time you can!

Gary Kadrmas

Gary

Thanks for the comments on the GT40.

I must acknowledge the builder and say that I'm just finishing it off.

The wheels were off a friends Cobra who sold them to the original builder Dave. And it was through this friend that I eventually contacted Dave and exchanged my Cobra for the GT40.

I was thinking of taking the wheels off and using the Vintage BRM wheels in a 17".

Next month I will be placing Katicore throttle bodies, Autronic EMS, AFR aluminium heads and a mild street cam.

Thats about all there. I will be installing airconditionning also. Even though I have added the side hinged windows and the aircraft vents it is still hot..

Have a great Christmas there Gary.

Cheers

Bernie

Back