GT40 Halibrand wheel...where to get them?

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I have a set of Cobra style Halibrands for sale - made by Vintage, powdercoated black that were on my CAV.

$1300

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Pat - Do you have any more pictures of your car and engine compartment posted up here anywhere? I like what I see..

Yes - the wheels are nice as well as reasonably priced!

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Randy -

I think the only pictures are ones like this one - where I posted one to show something. Thanks for the compliment.

M & A castings no longer make the wineglass style Halibrand. Image certainly do. There is no picture on their website, but they have the pattern and will make a set if asked (I just ordered a set....). Very accommodating guys.

Seems like no other company makes them any more.

I appreciate your info. I will contact Image. :)

Front - 7.5" wide by 15'
2.75" Backspace
6 pin

Rear - 9.5" wide by 15"
3.5" backspace
6 pin

Pat, your CAV wheels are six pin? In other words, just like original Halibrands.

I thought the CAVs like yours and mine all came with 5 pin wheels.....at least I believe that's what's on mine (haven't had the wheels off in a couple years...).

If you are looking for original 6 pin Knock Off wheels by Halibrand, I believe that I have a set of 5, back in late 60" early 70' My Mangusta was converted from a 4 lug pattern to a 6 pin drive and a set of Halibrand Wheels, I believe from a GT40 were installed and a spare. If this means anything the inside is also stamped Goodyear. They are in excellent shape. They actually still have original Goodyear tires on them. If you would like pictures I will be glad to forward them to you. [email protected]
Good luck
Rich

Back