GT40 Spinning @ Le Mans 2006

lucky, I think that is an understatement !!

I understand Claude had an incident during the night. No idea what happened though as I was goin to head up to the pits Sunday afternoon and was told his car was not there, having gone out.
I hope its nothing serious.

Hi John,
Claude said that he had a rear brake calliper problem near the end of the Mulsanne and went off as a consequence. The body was quite damaged and he thought that the steering rack had been moved by the impact that may need some chassis work. But for all of this he was very laid back about it in the GT40 club paddock the day after. Amazing!
Paul

Shaun Lynn's GT40 P/1025 went into the fence during the last race too. I saw it being towed behind a rope back to the pits after the race ended early Sunday afternoon (or late morning? It's all a blur...). The damage seemed confined to the right corner of the rear clip, but one has to wonder why the car wasn't moving under its own power?

Shaun Lynn's GT40 P/1025 went into the fence during the last race too. I saw it being towed behind a rope back to the pits after the race ended early Sunday afternoon (or late morning? It's all a blur...). The damage seemed confined to the right corner of the rear clip, but one has to wonder why the car wasn't moving under its own power?

Mike, he ran out of fuel :cry: i think, Andy

Lifetime Supporter
I see some of you have asked questions about the damage on 1016. I am attaching a photo.

The accident happened at Indianapolis corner. It seemed like a right rear brahe failure but upon dismantling we found no problem except a stone locked in the pistons which I am sure happened after and therfore I think it must have been a patch of oil.

Damage is mainly bodywork with a slight movement of the steering rack.

Attachments

• _DSC1512.jpg
    _DSC1512.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 423
Mike, he ran out of fuel :cry: i think, Andy

I had my fingers curled around the guardrail when the car was flat-towed past me. I was ten feet away from it and therefore got a good look (my camera was shut off so I didn't get a photo however). The right rear corner of the car was all smashed up. :cry:

So he didn't JUST run out of fuel. If he ran out of fuel, then somebody must have crashed into the back of him as a result. I can imagine hustling down the Mulsanne straight at the speed of heat, and having the car suddenly quit on you when there's another car immediately behind you.

BLAMMO! :shocked::bigcry:

And Claude, although I'm very sorry you were involved in an incident as well, I'm glad you were unhurt and the car's damage was relatively slight. Whew!

I am not sure who the driver was, and I am not sure why he put the car across the track in the first place, but it sure was a nice recovery.

Claude,

You also had an unpleasant jeep running onto your car when going back into the paddock in the evening.
Its a shame that they let you drive in heavy public traffic area's.

Glad to hear you are ok.

Fred from Belgium

Back