GT40s.com Folding @ Home Team Formed

hi Alex,

here is my setup:

- intel pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
- XFX nvidia 6200 256 mb DDR II
- Kingmax 512 MB DDR 400 mhz

Up and running on PS3 will check out other computers shortly.
Team 63884 but "donor name" just says PS3, is that ok?

Will get it running on my XBox360 as well if/when they support that.
Those watching this closely please advise when the 360 is supported.

Great idea!

Tim.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Tim,

You don't need to, but you can change the donor name to your ID (e.g. roaldin) on the PS3 under [Triangle button] options ->identity -> change donor name.

Regards,

Al

Thank's Alex,

Yeah I figured it out about 10 seconds after I posted the message. :)

About 2 hours to go on my first unit!

Tim.

Ron Earp

Admin
Well I've got three machines up now but they are slow, taking a couple days to do a work unit. I will add a fourth machine Monday that should be a lot faster, and maybe a fifth next week. I hope they'll help a bit but you fellows with those PS3s ought to fire those things up!

R

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
FYI - PS3 folks:

To run Folding whenever you stop using your PS3, go to the folding at home program icon, press triangle, go down to "auto-start" and choose what idle time you want it to start after.

Al

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Raca,

I don't see the same problem when I install 5.03 on my PC, but there are two ways to solve the problem, the best for you is probably as follows:

Right click on the folding at home icon (the red molecule) in the system tray and select "configure".

Then on the display tab, check the box labeled "Turn on screen saver after x minutes" (e.g. 5 minutes). then also click "Run Core only when screeensaver is active". This way folding at home will not run unless the machine is completely idle for the amount of time you put in the "minutes" field. It may be the game is not being detected by folding at home and causing it not to halt. Let me know what games are causing a problem - I may have the same ones and can give it a try.

You could also click in the advanced tab of the configuration dialog and turn down CPU usage percentage until you find a value that works for you.

Regards,

Al

Hi Alex,

i did try to turn the CPU usage to minimum, but to no results

the games is have right now are:

Need for Speed Underground 2
and
Test Drive Unlimited

the screen saver setting didn't work also :(

it stops folding, but when i open a game it sends it to the task bar

would a different version resolve the problem ?

WU one is complete. #2 is in progress. I installed on another machine as well. Going to add to a couple more.

Scott

Ok, I have it running on a total of 5 machines now.

Hopefully that will help get the team numbers up there.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Every CPU helps, slow or fast!

Cool! Only a few days of running an we are about to break into the top 10% of all teams. It's a steep road moving up from though, as the top team has 5 million work units under their belt (about 9000 CPUs)!

Thanks,

Al

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 373
:D

i'm very HAPPY last night i just finished my firs Work Unit !!

i manged to do it faster than what the program predicted by Overclocking my CPU from 2.4 ghz to 3.1 GHZ

now i have an ET of 43 hours till the next WU is done

now i have a good excuse to keep my PC on 24/7 ....... ARRRGHH !

Back