GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Afraid to answer my question, Mike?

...again, what do you do to help others?

Doug

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Why don't you logoff now Doug and head down to the shelter this afternoon? It would do you good to step away from the red herring tit for tat you're so determined to have here.

That’s impressive Doug. Think how much more good you could be doing if you weren’t wasting so much time pissing and moaning on the Internet about politics.

Mike,

I am really struggling to understand what you are trying to achieve, and to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not just on one big wind up.

However, you keep going back to the same theme of others moaning on the internet about politics on a politics thread.

Yet recently in your 2nd post on a non political discussion about fighting the possible introduction of new emission laws in the UK you bought politics into it, causing offense to many in the process. :shrug:

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
It's pretty easy Nick and my weariness responding to this thread anymore today will be another example. I made a point about a car issue that is directly affected by the politicians you support as an interested party. That was the end of that. I did not go on ad nauseam for months and months about that topic as Doug a few others in this thread do. If you're truly interested in the little guy and the disadvantaged as many here profess, then make your point and then go spend your time actually doing something about it instead the incessant complaining found page after page here. On that note, my point has been made and the unsubscribe button selected. You guys do what you want, you will anyway. Don't confuse all the tripe in the thread for nobility.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Why don't you logoff now Doug and head down to the shelter this afternoon?

Still waiting to hear if you help anyone, Mike...I do see you posting on the other boards in the forum, so I know you're capable...just don't see it in this thread.

I was about to suggest that it might be time for you to move on...glad to see that was your decision. You obviously don't have anything to offer here.

Cheers!

Doug

It's pretty easy Nick and my weariness responding to this thread anymore today will be another example. I made a point about a car issue that is directly affected by the politicians you support as an interested party. That was the end of that. I did not go on ad nauseam for months and months about that topic as Doug a few others in this thread do. If you're truly interested in the little guy and the disadvantaged as many here profess, then make your point and then go spend your time actually doing something about it instead the incessant complaining found page after page here. On that note, my point has been made and the unsubscribe button selected. You guys do what you want, you will anyway. Don't confuse all the tripe in the thread for nobility.

With the greatest of respect Mike you should not have bought politics into it at all. The paddock was bought in for people who want to discuss politics, and so those more sensible than us who don't can avoid it.

Not particularly noble to offend many on that thread and others who read it, in my opinion.

Last edited:
That’s impressive Doug. Think how much more good you could be doing if you weren’t wasting so much time pissing and moaning on the Internet about politics.

I guess at your tender younge age you've probably never heard the term "hypocrisy." :lol:

SMH

Mike has signed off from this thread more times than I can honestly remember due to my "old" age. LMAO :laugh:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Mike has signed off from this thread more times than I can honestly remember due to my "old" age. LMAO :laugh:

...and, just like the proverbial bad penny, he always returns! :idea:

Cheers!

Doug

Afraid to answer my question, Mike?

...again, what do you do to help others?

Doug

But more importantly, what did our Comrade President do to help others, like on Martin Luther King Day back in January? Well, when most legitimate presidents volunteer on that day, Comrade President spent the day golfing at his resort in FL.

Trump Advocates For Public Service On MLK Day, But Spends It At Mar-A-Lago Resort : The Two-Way : NPR

Nothing like leadership from the top. :confused:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Never said signing off. I am though familiar with what they say about wrestling a pig and realize I could never match even one of you and your passion for arguing.

Market has been great to me, sorry about your luck my friend. Maybe that explains why you don't chip in and pay your fair share to support the forum? Typical...

Thanks Walt but don't jeopardize your good standing over this nonsense. It's Ron's forum and Randy can ban anyone he wants for whatever reason. I think the way everyone is conducting themselves in this thread including myself, is a blight on the entire GT40 community. I should have never allowed myself to get sucked into it this morning. Lesson learned and I'm gone!

Seriously, Mike? Here's me SMH again.

And I highly doubt you or anyone can beat the market, which as I said, is still down 5% from late January. I never mentioned my portfolio, but if you read my previous statement correctly, maybe you would have known that.

If you have no politics to discuss, then maybe it's time to leave (again).

Never said signing off. I am though familiar with what they say about wrestling a pig and realize I could never match even one of you and your passion for arguing.

Market has been great to me, sorry about your luck my friend. Maybe that explains why you don't chip in and pay your fair share to support the forum? Typical...

And I'd like to add, several pages ago, you advocated for "no name calling," yet here you are, calling us "old" and "bitter" and of course, most recently comparing some of us to "pigs."

More hypocrisy. And speaking of hypocrisy, here's our Comrade President blaming Democrats for the DACA problem, when it was he who took it away 6 months ago.

Trump Says DACA Probably Won’t Happen, Blames Dems - The Daily Beast

And he's against Chain Migration, but I wonder how Melania's parents got green cards? Hmmm.

Melania Trump's parents' immigration status could be thanks to 'chain migration' - CNNPolitics

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
A small correction in Jan is your basis for the gauging the market and the policy effects of Trump? That's a rhetorical question as I don't have time to enlighten you but it is telling you would put forth such a flawed assertion. I give you a D- for the troglodytic nature of your arguments but an A+ for your dogged persistence in making them.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I did not go on ad nauseam for months and months about that topic as Doug a few others in this thread do.

Mike, our POTUS is so inept that there is at least half a dozen new screwups every day...it's hard to pick just one each day to "discuss" here on a thread that, considering it's about politics, involves political discussion (gee...imagine that!).

Kwitcherbellyakin', as my dad use to say.

Cheers!

Doug

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
You’d feel a lot better about yourself if you instead used that time to deliver meals on wheels vs incessantly complaining about them. I want to help you find happiness and contentment Doug and lose all this negativity that’s eating you up inside. There’s 7 more years of winning coming. Don’t let it affect your health.

A small correction in Jan is your basis for the gauging the market and the policy effects of Trump? That's a rhetorical question as I don't have time to enlighten you but it is telling you would put forth such a flawed assertion. I give you a D- for the troglodytic nature of your arguments but an A+ for your dogged persistence in making them.

Hello guys, hope you're all OK. I've been dealing with personal health issues and am attending my 4th funeral in 6 weeks tomorrow, yeah life sucks.

Anyway, I felt the need to jump in here on a more personal note. Randy the High Priest of Moderators (although not quite as High in my book as the mighty Judas Priest) is having some serious family issues and if it wasn't enough for the tragic loss of his son, his dear Mother is now in a Hospice and not expected to live out the week. I make no apology for telling you this because I think the guy deserves a lot of respect and he's done his very best (as have I) to keep this Paddock thing cordial, friendly and amusing, but as I explained to Ron & Randy on many occasions, I'm not an American, don't have a dog in this race and most importantly, I have no f***ing clue what you're all on about so I'm not the best person on the planet to decide what's up or down in US politics.

So, out of total respect for Randy's fervent wish for some peace & calm in the Paddock, and to give him some breathing space while he is at the Hospice hour by hour, I hope you guys might take a step back and with me, send our best wishes and support for Randy at this most difficult time (again) in his life.

Further, if anyone comes back at this post with anything less than a dignified response I will carry out Randy's worst-case wishes, lock the thread and ban users.

Other than that, I've quite missed y'all... :)

You must have missed Keith's earlier post. So, I posted above again for your review and comprehension. Tossing around more insults doesn't really further this politics thread. I'd suggest reading and posting about GT40's in the other part of the forum, since you seem to be unable to talk politics without hurling invectives at others who don't like our Comrade President.

The facts are Congress passed a tax bill 12/19/17, which will increase the national debt by $1.5 Trillion, interest rates are now expected to rise at a faster pace than expected, employers were already having a difficult time filling jobs prior to the tax law change, and I'm not the only one who's predicting further bad news in the market than just wild fluctuations and the current level of a 5% drop.

Seriously, you have nothing to add here on this thread. Time for you to take a nice afternoon nap and maybe you'll wake up in a better mood.

Just remember that its Comrade President's own advisors (Tillerson, Cohn, McMaster, etc.) that think he's a moron, idiot, etc. I just happen to agree with their point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, another campaign advisor (deputy chairman, no less) for our illegitimate president has plead guity and will testify against Manafort, the chairman of the campaign. Uh oh, doesn't look good for Manafort, which probably means, it doesn't look to good for the White House either.

Wow, five, FIVE, men have either plead guilty or have been indicted and they're all connected to Comrade President's campaign, including his National Security Advisor. That's not too good, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back