GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
LOL I known I’m not the only one who reads your posts and just shakes their heads. It’s going to be a looong 7 years for you. Carry on!

LOL I known I’m not the only one who reads your posts and just shakes their heads. It’s going to be a looong 7 years for you. Carry on!

Our illegitimate president may not even win the Republican primary, let alone the general election, GO KASICH!:

Kasich's team gears up for possible 2020 bid - POLITICO

And well, with a 37% approval rating, and a Mueller investigation, I'm kinda doubting he'll even make it through 2018-2019, when hopefully, the Democrats win the House and maybe the Senate.

I can see the news now: Impeachment 2019!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

You know, Rod, Kasich is perhaps the one Republican I could see myself votng for (depending on who the Democrats run, of course). I thought he did an excellent job during the pre-election debates, and he didn’t seem so rabid as most of the rest of the Republicans.

With President Trump’s approval ratings at a historical low, and tanking further with every incident that emphasizes his ineptitude, Kasich should stand a good chance.

I’m still hoping the Dems will take control of the house and Trump will find that his agenda (if he really had one other than to make himself look good) will fall by the wayside midway through his term. I firmly believe that the majority of Americans are tired of him already.

Cheers!

Doug

You know, Rod, Kasich is perhaps the one Republican I could see myself votng for (depending on who the Democrats run, of course). I thought he did an excellent job during the pre-election debates, and he didn’t seem so rabid as most of the rest of the Republicans.

With President Trump’s approval ratings at a historical low, and tanking further with every incident that emphasizes his ineptitude, Kasich should stand a good chance.

I’m still hoping the Dems will take control of the house and Trump will find that his agenda (if he really had one other than to make himself look good) will fall by the wayside midway through his term. I firmly believe that the majority of Americans are tired of him already.

Cheers!

Doug

Since CA has an open primary system, I voted for Kasich. I knew Comrade Trump was going to be the worst president in history. And he's proved me right. I'm an Independent, so l'll vote for either party, I'm not held down by any party loyalty, so I'll vote for anyone I think will be good candidate.

Unfortunately, nowadays, there aren't too many Republicans that aren't Trump sycophants, take-from-the-poor-and-middle-class-and-give-to-the-rich-donor-class, and/or NRA backed, so the default choice is usually Democrat.

Our illegitimate president has set the bar as low as it can go, so ANYONE that runs, Democrat or Republican will look like the 2nd coming of Abraham Lincoln. :laugh:

Comrade Trump is completely devoid of any redeeming qualities, but I knew that the moment he came down that escalator at Trump Tower, looking about as moronic as Rex Tillerson said he was later, when he announced his run.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Watching the three of you spin each other up is intriguing in the clinical sense of the word...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Our illegitimate president may not even win the Republican primary, let alone the general election, GO KASICH!:

Kasich's team gears up for possible 2020 bid - POLITICO

And well, with a 37% approval rating, and a Mueller investigation, I'm kinda doubting he'll even make it through 2018-2019, when hopefully, the Democrats win the House and maybe the Senate.

I can see the news now: Impeachment 2019!

Kasich. He was the one Republican in the primaries NOT talking about the size of his hands, telling us the pyramids were grain storage units, that he was a Cuban refugee that had "made it on his own" or other drivel. He attempted to talk issues and ideas. And you see where that got him! H. L. Mencken said it, "no one ever underestimates the bad taste (intelligence, etc.) of the American public.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
My wager is half the people in this thread wasting the last remaining years of their bitter old lives will be dead before Trump leaves office. Sad and pathetic.

This is you, not bashing anyone, and deciding not to post here anymore because you couldn't handle doing so...lol....

This last page got me the best laugh of the day. I quit! I'm back! I quit! I don't bash! Troglodyte! I don't bash! Bitter! I don't bash! You gonna DIE!

You are, however, an interesting insight into the 30% of Americans who can support this mess. Helpful in that regard. Peace bro, I'll be around long after we get single payer health care, you have your guns forcibly taken from you and we elect Oprah as President...lol....

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
What should be more insightful to you is that if everything actually happened as in your smoked out fantasy, I would not be on the innerweb acting the pants on fire fool you guys are acting. Wrap your mind around that while you burn and bake tonight there Cosmo.

Up in Smoke (car scene) - YouTube

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
You must have missed Keith's earlier post. So, I posted above again for your review and comprehension. Tossing around more insults doesn't really further this politics thread.

Rod, think about this recent ramping up of vitreol by Mike...he has absolutely NO interest in furthering this politics thread; quite the opposite, he hates that it even exists and has said as much many times. He is doing his best, in the absence of Randy and considering Keith’s admonitions that he will close down this thread if the interactions become too rancorous, to kill this thread. Mike would be only too happy to see that happen, it would be in line with his oft-stated opinion that the forum would be more to his liking if it were without the what he obviously views as the distasteful distraction that this thread presents. He’s baiting...trolling, if you like, with that goal in mind.

I think Keith has done a wonderful job of maintaining this thread, but it’s easy to see how he could find it too taxing to be valuable...he has mentioned that he has had some health problems lately and I, for one, have no interest in exacerbating those difficulties.

Mike’s smart like a fox, that’s for sure. He almost sneaked it by us. I, for one , have decided to place Mike on my “ignore” list with quite a few of the other (as H.C. called them) “basket of deplorables” who may have colluded to hatch this scheme, such as the one whom I refer to as “one sentence ****”. I’ll monitor the thread, but until Randy’s situation is well enough resolved to return I will refrain from posting again.

I’d like to commend a few of those who have obvious differences with our viewpoints and whom I do not consider members of the “basket club”. Al and Scott, in particular, have been valuable and responsible members of the opposition and have generally maintained a decent presence on this thread, unlike Mike. I will have no part of giving Mike what he wants and look forward to further participation once Big Foot returns. See ya then!!!

Cheers!

Doug

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
If calling the president every name in the book and myself a deplorable, is maintaining decency and decorum... oh never mind lol. What is clear is you are completely fine hurling insults at half the country but seem quite thin skinned when you get a little static back. Not surprising...

If calling the president every name in the book and myself a deplorable, is maintaining decency and decorum... oh never mind lol. What is clear is you are completely fine hurling insults at half the country but seem quite thin skinned when you get a little static back. Not surprising...

Mike,

All you need is patience then, because as sure as eggs is eggs at some point, (and in my opinion unless things change, sooner rather than later), the Democrats will get back the presidency of your country.

Then peace and harmony will break out in the Paddock as the Republicans show us how to not to be thinned skinned, how not to call the President every name under the sun, how not to hurl insults at half the country, and show decency and decorum to a Democrat President, just like many of them did when President Obama was Presi ......err hold on a second. ;)

I know nothing, but for me hopefully Michelle Obama will have decided to run and will become your next president, then you will get the decent, empathetic, intelligent class act you seek and your country deserves. I fear she has to much intelligence to try.

Anyone seen her birth certificate?

Another thing to please you is I need to allow many to think I am a fool, rather than post on here and remove all doubt for the minority that actually read my drivel :) Au revoir gentlemen good luck and for God's sake and your children's sake amend the bloody second amendment.

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I've been here since 2011 I think. If I ever made any comments about Obama they were few and far between. I challenge you to find them. I don't give a rats ass about the three jerks being offensive. What rubs me wrong is the self righteousness and crying foul when they get some of the same directed back. When a moderator singles me out and threatens repercussions in the same thread these three are being highly offensive, that is BS. Either everyone gets to hold their nose or end this tripe period. Please spare me the "decency" defense.

When a moderator singles me out and threatens repercussions in the same thread these three are being highly offensive, that is BS.

I went to watch my rugby league team Warrington play Wigan last night. For the first time I can recall I called the ref every name under the sun, and directed some very bad language towards him for his biased refereeing and appalling decision making in singling out my teams players. Not good on my part as refs have a very difficult job to do. Got home where my wife had been watching it on SKY (see even I can support republicans) and offered her what I considered my thoughtful perceptive views of the ref.

It turned out the neutral rugby expert professional commentators on SKY thought the ref had a brilliant game, and excellent decision making skills. On reflection, I was actually the biased one and the ref got it right.

PS we won 16 -10 come on the Wire

Last edited:
Rod, think about this recent ramping up of vitreol by Mike...he has absolutely NO interest in furthering this politics thread; quite the opposite, he hates that it even exists and has said as much many times. He is doing his best, in the absence of Randy and considering Keith’s admonitions that he will close down this thread if the interactions become too rancorous, to kill this thread. Mike would be only too happy to see that happen, it would be in line with his oft-stated opinion that the forum would be more to his liking if it were without the what he obviously views as the distasteful distraction that this thread presents. He’s baiting...trolling, if you like, with that goal in mind.

I think Keith has done a wonderful job of maintaining this thread, but it’s easy to see how he could find it too taxing to be valuable...he has mentioned that he has had some health problems lately and I, for one, have no interest in exacerbating those difficulties.

Mike’s smart like a fox, that’s for sure. He almost sneaked it by us. I, for one , have decided to place Mike on my “ignore” list with quite a few of the other (as H.C. called them) “basket of deplorables” who may have colluded to hatch this scheme, such as the one whom I refer to as “one sentence ****”. I’ll monitor the thread, but until Randy’s situation is well enough resolved to return I will refrain from posting again.

I’d like to commend a few of those who have obvious differences with our viewpoints and whom I do not consider members of the “basket club”. Al and Scott, in particular, have been valuable and responsible members of the opposition and have generally maintained a decent presence on this thread, unlike Mike. I will have no part of giving Mike what he wants and look forward to further participation once Big Foot returns. See ya then!!!

Cheers!

Doug

Oh, you’re absolutely correct about Mike’s “devious” plan, but I figured it out many posts ago. I know what he’s trying to do. I was way ahead of him. That’s why I reposted the warning by Keith. I play that “three dimensional chess” that Comrade Trump allegedly plays. :laugh:

Best wishes to Randy and his family.

What you continue to fail to realize is that our illegitimate president has been called an “idiot,” “F’ing Moron” and “moron” by his own staff, such as Rex Tillerson, Reince Preibus, General McMaster and so on. Personally, I just agree with their assessment.

Kasich. He was the one Republican in the primaries NOT talking about the size of his hands, telling us the pyramids were grain storage units, that he was a Cuban refugee that had "made it on his own" or other drivel. He attempted to talk issues and ideas. And you see where that got him! H. L. Mencken said it, "no one ever underestimates the bad taste (intelligence, etc.) of the American public.

“Retiring” Senator Jeff Flake seems like another person that I could cast a vote for in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back