GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand Syria. Is there any evidence that serin gas was used? How is this MAGA? Let the Russians have their way with Syria. At least they're taking out ISIS whereas Obama and Hitlerry were supporting them.

North Korea is the current true threat to this world. Tubs o' Fun is psychotic, moreso than his father. He WILL strike first. It will happen before the end of the year unless china tightens the chain or if he actually does strike.

Either way, piss off to all the world funding we do (except to countries that work with us) and let's rebuild this busted up nation.

Yes. Conclusive. 'Proven thru autopsies of the victims.

We literally have nothing to gain by attacking Assad. Why on earth would he attack his own people? With our counter strikes, we are now siding with ISIS. How come the first responders weren't effected by the sarin gas particles left on the victim's clothing?

Literally, nothing adds up here.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
We literally have nothing to gain by attacking Assad. Why on earth would he attack his own people? With our counter strikes, we are now siding with ISIS. How come the first responders weren't effected by the sarin gas particles left on the victim's clothing?

Literally, nothing adds up here.

Since Sarin is a gas, are you certain that it would remain on clothing?
Turkey seems to be convinced via blood samples from victims (some may be the true first responders?) that Sarin was used.
Turkey says tests confirm nerve agent sarin used in Syrian attack - UPI.com

Sarin gas has been proven time and time again that it will settle on clothing, for up to 30 minutes. Since it only takes a around 20 parts per million to infect another person (your farts are FAR more concentrated), I'm wondering why none of the first responders used precautions or were infected right after the attack. That's what clues me in that this was bronsbly a chlorine based attack. Chlorine based attacks have virtually the same signs and symptoms as sarin, but it dissipates within a couple minutes (vs 30 minutes). Chlorine gas isn't a nerve agent either.

It still doesn't make sense why Assad would want the entire world pointing fingers at him. Why would he want to become the single most hated person in the world? That's why none of this makes sense.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...why Assad would want the entire world pointing fingers at him. Why would he want to become the single most hated person in the world? That's why none of this makes sense.

Like all evil, narcissistic, aggressive, "Type A", power-hungry dictators - he's NUTS. So, there is no 'explaining' possible 'way I see it.

As far as being "the single most hated person in the world", the N.K. Fat Boy has to rank a verrrrry close second as far as individuals are concerned. But, ISIS has to be at the undisputed top of the 'hate heap' right now world-wide.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Did he "crater" on:
- killing the T.P.P agreement
- ending the U.S. foreign policy of "leading from behind"

Well, Larry...here in highly conservative Kansas the (mostly Republican) farmers are NOT amused at the demise of the T.P.P. agreement...there went a huge opportunity to get rid of their oversupply of grain. New farming techniques and equipment has resulted in a huge GLUT of grain and you can imagine what the price has done...yep, gone WAAAAY down. Most of the farmers I speak with are going to change their vote the next time Trump is on the ticket (and, to illustrate just that, in a recent election to replace Pompeo, who is now CIA chief, the Republican beat the Democratic candidate by only 7% points, whereas the usual spread between any Republican and a Democrat in Kansas is in the range of 40% points. That is a huge change!)

As for "...leading from behind"...I can't remember a time since Nixon's administration when I have been so embarrased by our POTUS (and you must know how I feel about GEE-DUB)...I'm not sure what you mean by "...leading from behind", but with a national approval rating of barely 30% I'd certainly say Trump is NOT leading from the "front" so to speak.

Yeah, he's done a lot, but mostly using those same "executive order" powers that the Republicans were so adamantly against when B.O. was president. I have never seen a POTUS who is so at war with congress (not even B.O.)...and guess what, the ones I think he ought to be at war with, he's best friends with now. Just this morning it was all over the news that Trump is now saying that China is NOT "...a currency manipulator", but his campaign promise was that China WOULD (not MIGHT, MAY or COULD BE, but WOULD) be classified as a currency manipulator. He's now back-slapping buddies with China and Russia (despite his protestations otherwise, he's going to cow-tow to Putin, we can see it coming), and despite worldwide warnings he's about to "encourage" (although not verbally, only with his bullying tactics) North Korea to send an ICBM our way with a nuke on it...or didn't you listen to the news this past week?

Yeah, there are many of us of the centrist persuasion who have made up our minds that the Electoral College made an unwise decision...and it is encouraging to see that many on the right are also coming to that same opinion. If one of the purposes of the Electoral College was to ensure that nobody who was not qualified to be President of this great nation could be elected to lead it, well, they failed miserably.

You just watch and see....remember, you heard it here first!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Well, Larry...here in highly conservative Kansas the (mostly Republican) farmers are NOT amused at the demise of the T.P.P. agreement...

...and for every one of them there are countless other people who back the move.

...in a recent election to replace Pompeo, who is now CIA chief, the Republican beat the Democratic candidate by only 7% points, whereas the usual spread between any Republican and a Democrat in Kansas is in the range of 40% points...

...due to the fact Estes was a 'so-so' candidate AND the fact Thompson's campaign tried to Super Glue him to the state's very unpopular governor...but, you knew that already, didn't you.

...I'm not sure what you mean by "...leading from behind"

Really? The term stems from Obama's advisers saying he was content to let other nations publicly lead the search for solutions to the Libyan conflict. But, again, I'm betting you already knew that, too.

Yeah, he's done a lot, but mostly using those same "executive order" powers that the Republicans were so adamantly against when B.O. was president.

Executive orders are reversed BY executive orders...but, I'm sure you are aware of that as well.

I have never seen a POTUS who is so at war with congress (not even B.O.)...

...necessitated for the most part by the 24/7 opposition to EVERYTHING by the likes of Schumer, Pelosi, and the rest of that crew...although the Freedom Caucus hasn't been of any help either.

...the ones I think he ought to be at war with, he's best friends with now. Just this morning it was all over the news that Trump is now saying that China is NOT "...a currency manipulator"... (etc., etc.)

...You can KEEP your doctor, you can KEEP your plan, Obamacare is NOT a tax, the average family will save $2,500 a year, Benghazi was caused by a video, the NSA is NOT spying on the American people, there's not a SMIDGEON of corruption at the IRS, Russian reset button, Hillary did nothing wrong, Bergdahl served with honor and distinction, 'red line in the sand', our borders are safer now than they've ever been, my administration will be the most transparent administration in the country's history, Obamacare negotiations will be televised on C-span, "shovel ready jobs", I'll cut the deficit in half by the end of my 1st term, etc., etc. etc. and more etc.

Yeah, there are many of us of the centrist persuasion...

...'blew coffee out my nose on that one.

...the Electoral College made an unwise decision...and it is encouraging to see that many on the right are also coming to that same opinion. If one of the purposes of the Electoral College was to ensure that nobody who was not qualified to be President of this great nation could be elected to lead it, well, they failed miserably.

All are statements of o-p-i-n-i-o-n only...and you know what 'they' say about opinions.

'Gotta leave it here. The Mrs. and I have to catch a plane...

Keith

HAPPY EASTER GUYS OR WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT THIS WEEKEND

In an increasingly insane & PC world, where there have been recent attempts to remove the word "Easter" and any reference to the traditional meaning of the weekend from media and the like, (presumably because it would "offend" others) I would just like to say Happy Easter to all.

I was born a Christian. I was brought up in a Christian family and my life rules pretty much follow Christian teachings, so not only am I not ashamed of my heritage I am appalled that we are tripping over ourselves to homogenise our history and our Christian legacy.

Sermon over. You all believe what you want, but even the most ardent atheist can surely see what "they" are trying to achieve here? Time to push back against this tyranny!

Anyway, Happy Easter once again to all Paddock People :thumbsup:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I agree, Keith! While I think of my spirituality to be more in line with those practices of the Native Americans, I value the efforts of everyone who embarks on a life involving spirituality and pity those whose souls are dark without it...AND those whose spirituality leads them to a life, however short, filled with hatred for those who embrace a different spirituality (I think we all know who I am referencing with that comment).

At one time in my life I had no positive regard (nor did I have negative regard) for those who attended church...I just thought of it as fruitless activity...so I asked my best friend why he attended church. I will never forget the wisdom of his response---he simply said "Doug, there IS power in positive thought, and in church nobody prays for anyone to suffer."

So, to all of my Christian friends and acquaintenances, I wish you the happiest of times as you celebrate the foundation of your spirituality this Easter, and may you live to enjoy many more!!

Cheers from Doug :2thumbsup:

Keith

Well put Doug and thanks for answering in a world where everyone is in a rush to condemn any kind of spiritual meaning in their lives. It's important for everyone to believe in SOMETHING. An anchor, a rock to rely on. I have my "Rock" and I keep it to myself because such things are smirked at in an age where tech is king and can pass for God as long as I can remember what the damned password is.

That's it Happy Easter once again and if you are making breakfast and a mushroom cloud appears outside your kitchen window - you just didn't pray hard enough!

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
...You can KEEP your doctor, you can KEEP your plan, Obamacare is NOT a tax, the average family will save $2,500 a year, Benghazi was caused by a video, the NSA is NOT spying on the American people, there's not a SMIDGEON of corruption at the IRS, Russian reset button, Hillary did nothing wrong, Bergdahl served with honor and distinction, 'red line in the sand', our borders are safer now than they've ever been, my administration will be the most transparent administration in the country's history, Obamacare negotiations will be televised on C-span, "shovel ready jobs", I'll cut the deficit in half by the end of my 1st term, etc., etc. etc. and more

Geez, Larry.....the news channels this morning are just full of exactly this sort of list, but rather than being about a past POTUS, they are about our current POTUS :eek:

Gee...imagine that!

I will have much more respect for POTUS Trump when he releases his tax returns, and IMHO he does not deserve respect until he manages to put ALL of the lies about that issue to rest. The others, like not classifying China as a currency manipulater, pale in comparison...and we all know why he does not want the American voting public to see them.

Extremism is never a good thing, Larry, and if you want to post a list of B.O.'s failures to keep his promises...well you must admit that POTUS trump is an extreme liar, too.

I think the issue is clear for the vast majority of U.S. citizens...either he releases his taxes, or he gets impeached. It's just the right thing to do.

Cheers!

Doug

So what is the truth.

I think this really speaks to the president-elect’s focus on keeping costs down across the board with regard to government spending,” Trump spokesman Jason Miller said in a call with reporters, as The Washington Post reported. “I think people are really frustrated with some of the big price tags that are coming out for programs, even in addition to this one. So we’re going to look for areas where we can keep costs down and look for ways where we can save money.”

Donald Trump’s trips to his luxury Florida resort have already cost the US taxpayer at least $24 million (£19.2 million) - roughly as much as Barack Obama spent on travel in the first two years of his presidency.

Mr Trump has spent seven weekends at Mar-a-Lago since taking office ten weeks ago. It is estimated that each of these trips costs at least $3 million (£2.4 million), covering the President’s extensive security detail.

In total, Mr Obama's travel bill over the eight years of his presidency came to $97 million (£78 million) - an average of $12.1 million (£9.7 million) a year.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
This "Mar-a-Lago" issue is one that bothers me, too, Nick, but not as much as his other unethical and possibly illegal activities. He sure is trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth, though, when he says he's trying to cut costs and then runs up such a huge bill for transportation to what appears to be a pleasure palace.

In Trump's defense, though...he does not keep his salary. He is meeting that promise he made during his campaign. I guess he figures it offsets those expensive "junkets" down to his pleasure palace, but as you can imagine the costs for operating AF1 will be far more than the amount he refunds to the U.S. citizens.

He's a self-absorbed tyrant, IMHO, and does not deserve to have been approved by the Electoral College. What a dismal failure, the popular vote SHOULD have been the deciding factor. The majority of voters in the US did not want him; yet, here he is, further enriching himself at the expense of the taxpayers through extensive use of his travel opportunities.

I'd much rather see him keep his salary and cut back on the travel expenses...I can see that's not going to happen, though. Oh, well....watch and see what the Republican watchdogs do with all this gluttony.

Cheers!

Doug

This "Mar-a-Lago" issue is one that bothers me, too, Nick, but not as much as his other unethical and possibly illegal activities. He sure is trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth, though, when he says he's trying to cut costs and then runs up such a huge bill for transportation to what appears to be a pleasure palace.

In Trump's defense, though...he does not keep his salary. He is meeting that promise he made during his campaign. I guess he figures it offsets those expensive "junkets" down to his pleasure palace, but as you can imagine the costs for operating AF1 will be far more than the amount he refunds to the U.S. citizens.

He's a self-absorbed tyrant, IMHO, and does not deserve to have been approved by the Electoral College. What a dismal failure, the popular vote SHOULD have been the deciding factor. The majority of voters in the US did not want him; yet, here he is, further enriching himself at the expense of the taxpayers through extensive use of his travel opportunities.

I'd much rather see him keep his salary and cut back on the travel expenses...I can see that's not going to happen, though. Oh, well....watch and see what the Republican watchdogs do with all this gluttony.

Cheers!

Doug
:thumbsup:

Hey Doug, I was in NYC last week and actually participated in Saturday's Trump "Show Us Your Tax Returns" protest, which took us by Trump Tower.

Felt good, except I wasn't paid. I looked around for my payment at the end of the protest, but I couldn't find anyone handing out checks or cash. :laugh:

Honestly, with all his transgressions, I don't know how you can keep track of them all.

BTW, the President's salary is $400,000. I don't think that will cover much of his yearly travel expenses.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Well, Rod...POTUS Trump should by now be getting a bit nervous. There are "Release Your Tax Returns" protests being held all over the nation...AND, it is becoming more and more clear that Trump is a pathological liar...for example, just this morning the news was all about this so called "armada" that Trump told the U.S. public a week ago was headed for North Korea...the truth is that the power-piece of that "armada", the aircraft carrier, was actually headed into the open seas toward Australia...and is just now (maybe?...depends on whether or not one trusts Trump to be truthful, which is difficult at this point) headed toward the northwest Pacific.

To make things even more clear, a recent election in the southeast U.S. resulted in a near upset for the Republicans, whose best candidate could garner only 14% of the vote to the Democrat's 49%. This, in a state that has historically been red for decades. There will be a runoff, of course, so there is a race to watch.

Lots of people being interviewed are saying they voted for Trump, but can no longer support him. His true egocentric nature is becoming evident...let's hope he sees the writing on the wall and just resigns before the American public sends him packing with his tail between his legs!

It will be an interesting 4 years, Rod!

Cheers!

Doug

What exactly is your end goal here Doug? He's only been President for 4 months. You want him to fail so bad you can taste it. At least he's not traveling around the world, bowing to every Tom, Dick. and Harry, and bad mouthing America and it's people. And in the news this AM the "Armada" is going to N Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back