GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Well...that's different! I thought he was an unpaid advisor. If he gets a government check he should be using secure governmental email accounts.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Lock him up, I say...along with our POTUS, who is guilty of blatant nepotism!!!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
While there's some hypocrisy, the email stories never moved my "needle" much.

Mine, either...my intent here is to point out to our conservative companions on this thread that if they were indignant over HC's misuse of private emails, they should be equally indignant over Kushner's and Bannon's and...well, they probably get the idea. If it was serious enough to call for HC to be imprisoned, it's serious enough to call for Kushner's imprisonment.

The hypocrisy of the entire conservative movement is my focus here, not the hypocrisy of Trump's actions; however, with any luck at all Mueller's investigations ought to provide at least enough evidence to justify impeachment, if not imprisonment...and I firmly believe impeachment is the right action, because despite all the complaints I have about our POTUS, I believe that he has good intentions...he just doesn't realize how things get done in government compared to the business world.

Doug

Last edited:
Mine, either...my intent here is to point out to our conservative companions on this thread that if they were indignant over HC's misuse of private emails, they should be equally indignant over Kushner's and Bannon's and...well, they probably get the idea. If it was serious enough to call for HC to be imprisoned, it's serious enough to call for Kushner's imprisonment.

The hypocrisy of the entire conservative movement is my focus here, not the hypocrisy of Trump's actions. With any luck at all Mueller's investigations ought to provide at least enough evidence to justify impeachment, if not imprisonment.

Doug

Doug, she used an accessible public email for classified documents and she did it directly after the FBI informed her what she could and couldn't do. She did what she wanted to do. She is above the law

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Doug, she used an accessible public email for classified documents and she did it directly after the FBI informed her what she could and couldn't do. She did what she wanted to do. She is above the law

Hi, Al! It's my understanding that Kushner did exactly the same thing...whether the FBI informed him that he couldn't do that or not I do not know, but it seems to me that there's a double standard in our White House. Kushner's lawyer says there were no governmentally "sensitive" (my term) emails sent through the non-secure account, but we all know that not only Trump but also his lawyers will say whatever is in Kushner's best interest, whether it's the truth or not. :idea:

Either they are both above the law, or they both aren't. I guess it would be easy to say that Kushner didn't know that he had to use governmental accounts, but that would be hard to believe after all they ya-ya about HC (not to mention that POTUS Trump and his entire family must believe they're above the law...as evidenced by the rampant nepotism).

But, Al...my general thesis is intact...if you were up in arms over HC using a public account, you should be up in arms that Kushner did, too. Double standard, here?

Having said that, though, it dawns on me that supporting having Kushner imprisoned would be supporting a double standard on my part (because I do NOT believe HC should have been locked up), which I think would be wrong...Let's just hope that either the email issue becomes a non-issue or somehow it is enforced that EVERYONE who is suppose to use secure governmental servers does so...it's never too late to start doing the right thing.

As an aside...I am not a very technologically astute person...how easy would it be to "hack" into someone else's email? I guess if you had their password you might be able to figure it out...but that's why we all use unique passwords and change them on a regular basis. Is email hacking really an issue?

Just curious...

Cheers, Al!

Doug

Last edited:
Trump disclosed top secret classified info in a meeting with the Russian Ambassador inside the Oval Office, which Israel had given the intelligence agencies of the US.

Is Dum Dum allowed to give away top secret classified info directly to the Russians? Yep, he sure can declassify info, as he desires, but he's also a F'ing moron.

Forget about all the dumb email controversies, what Dum Dum should be laser-focused on is helping save Puerto Rico ASAP. He waited 7-8 days before doing much of anything. Instead he tweets about not inviting Stephan Curry to the White House, when Curry was already on record as saying he ain't coming months ago, and said it over and over again, and the NFL protests.

They should do another sequel to the movie "Dumb and Dumber" and call it "Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest" with 45 playing "Dumbest." :laugh:

Hi, Al! It's my understanding that Kushner did exactly the same thing...whether the FBI informed him that he couldn't do that or not I do not know, but it seems to me that there's a double standard in our White House. Kushner's lawyer says there were no governmentally "sensitive" (my term) emails sent through the non-secure account, but we all know that not only Trump but also his lawyers will say whatever is in Kushner's best interest, whether it's the truth or not. :idea:

Either they are both above the law, or they both aren't. I guess it would be easy to say that Kushner didn't know that he had to use governmental accounts, but that would be hard to believe after all they ya-ya about HC (not to mention that POTUS Trump and his entire family must believe they're above the law...as evidenced by the rampant nepotism).

But, Al...my general thesis is intact...if you were up in arms over HC using a public account, you should be up in arms that Kushner did, too. Double standard, here?

Having said that, though, it dawns on me that supporting having Kushner imprisoned would be supporting a double standard on my part (because I do NOT believe HC should have been locked up), which I think would be wrong...Let's just hope that either the email issue becomes a non-issue or somehow it is enforced that EVERYONE who is suppose to use secure governmental servers does so...it's never too late to start doing the right thing.

As an aside...I am not a very technologically astute person...how easy would it be to "hack" into someone else's email? I guess if you had their password you might be able to figure it out...but that's why we all use unique passwords and change them on a regular basis. Is email hacking really an issue?

Just curious...

Cheers, Al!

Doug
Doug, If Kushner broke the law he should be prosecuted. HC erased 1000s of emails after she was told not to. As SofS she saw 1000s of classified documents. She has always thought laws were made for others. She got a free ride.

HC was not and is not being prosecuted for any crimes. If Sessions and the Republican Congress had evidence of a crime, then why haven't they prosecuted her? Because there was no crime.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Doug, If Kushner broke the law he should be prosecuted. HC erased 1000s of emails after she was told not to. As SofS she saw 1000s of classified documents. She has always thought laws were made for others. She got a free ride.

I have spoken to people who have been "displaced" by HC, Al. By all accounts she is rude, brash and demanding, with a sense of entitlement...none of which is illegal, BTW. She may be a despicable person...but I have never heard any politician give a two hour speech, which seemed like a rambling mess, only to bring it all together in the last ten minutes in a manner that left the prior hour and fifty minutes making complete sense. She IS brilliant, Al! I have spent the past 35 years conducting cognitive and linguistic evaluations and have never tested anyone who is her equal...but that does not make her likable, which is the lesson the country gave her in the last Presidential election.

How long will it take for the country to decide that Trump is even more "dislikable"? I think we are getting there, slowly but surely. He is guilty of what I believe are crimes...specifically his rampant nepotism. Admittedly a large portion of our population believe him to be a welcome change...brash, himself, with no intention of exercising restraint or political correctness. That may all be fine and dandy for the alt-right, but they are a small minority of our population. Trump won't be re-elected to a second term unless he learns a bit of diplomacy and starts to make the average citizen believe Trump is working for him/her, and not just for the wealthy. So far he has failed to do so, and IMHO in a miserable manner.

Has Kushner actually broken any laws by using a private email account? I don't know if it is against the law, or just against "best practice" or governmental guidelines. Either way, Kushner is as guilty as HC in that issue...and if it IS illegal, I can't imagine any of us believing that POTUS Trump would fail to pardon him if he were successfully prosecuted...so why proceed against him?

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:
I have spoken to people who have been "displaced" by HC, Al. By all accounts she is rude, brash and demanding, with a sense of entitlement...none of which is illegal, BTW. She may be a despicable person...but I have never heard any politician give a two hour speech, which seemed like a rambling mess, only to bring it all together in the last ten minutes in a manner that left the prior hour and fifty minutes making complete sense. She IS brilliant, Al! I have spent the past 35 years conducting cognitive and linguistic evaluations and have never tested anyone who is her equal...but that does not make her likable, which is the lesson the country gave her in the last Presidential election.

How long will it take for the country to decide that Trump is even more "dislikable"? I think we are getting there, slowly but surely. He is guilty of what I believe are crimes...specifically his rampant nepotism. Admittedly a large portion of our population believe him to be a welcome change...brash, himself, with no intention of exercising restraint or political correctness. That may all be fine and dandy for the alt-right, but they are a small minority of our population. Trump won't be re-elected to a second term unless he learns a bit of diplomacy and starts to make the average citizen believe Trump is working for him/her, and not just for the wealthy. So far he has failed to do so, and IMHO in a miserable manner.

Has Kushner actually broken any laws by using a private email account? I don't know if it is against the law, or just against "best practice" or governmental guidelines. Either way, Kushner is as guilty as HC in that issue...and if it IS illegal, I can't imagine any of us believing that POTUS Trump would fail to pardon him if he were successfully prosecuted...so why proceed against him?

Cheers!

Doug
Doug, It's not a "dislike" rating. HC sent classified documents on a public email, left people hanging out to die in Benghazi, went along with a film cover-up lie, Whitewater, people around her die mysteriously, most recently a young DNC staffer that was executed with a small caliber to the back of the head while walking down the street at night. He leaked information about HC. Nobody even questioned the oddity of that, they called it a random attack. If I were the Clintons, I would fervently hope there was no afterlife.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Al, there are things called facts. You are having trouble with them.

1. The Republican led committee on Benghazi completely exonerated her on Benghazi. FACT.

2. The story about the DNC staffer's death and Hillary's alleged link to was a complete made up farce story that Fox News had to retract and apologize for. FACT.

3. The CIA and other agencies believed that the Benghazi attack was due to protests against the film for several days if not weeks. FACT.

4. Hillary had a few (less than 20 I think) documents on her private server that were not appropriately marked classified. FACT.

5. The Secretary of State's office and Government IT were all fully aware of her use of the serer and helped her set it up. FACT.

6. Previous SoS's had used private emails and servers. FACT.

7. She deleted personal emails unrelated to government work. this is a right EVERY AMERICAN INCLUDING YOU has in responding to a subpoena. You can delete personal/irrelevant information. FACT.

Facts Al. Learn them. Know them. Let them wash over you.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
John Heileman, who wrote the excellent analysis of the 2008 election called Game Change, was on Bill Maher last night (by the way, love him or hate him, Maher is one of the few folks not afraid to have folks from both sides on the show).

Heileman noted (and believes Mueller is looking at) the profileration of crazy anti-Hillary stories in the few days running up to the election in critical areas of Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. These were the crazy stories about Hillary having Parkinson's, and the pizza child sex ring, and that nonsense. Heileman believes the Russians couldn't have known to target these key areas and the direction? suggestion? to do so came from folks within the Trump campaign who had done the polling and knew those regions were critical.

Last, apparently, the Russians are spending a lot of time breeding dissension on US message boards and forums and facebooks, posing as Americans and picking fights and starting arguments.

Think about that. "Larry" and "Al" may actually be Zerenka Pissontrumpovich and Ursula Colludapova. And Randy may have been an unwitting Russian agent, spreading the Parkinson's story as "interesting!"

P.S. Those are jokes.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Jeff...watch out for the avalanche of (as KellyAnn Conway would say) "...alternative facts".

Doug :eek:

Al, there are things called facts. You are having trouble with them.

1. The Republican led committee on Benghazi completely exonerated her on Benghazi. FACT.

2. The story about the DNC staffer's death and Hillary's alleged link to was a complete made up farce story that Fox News had to retract and apologize for. FACT.

3. The CIA and other agencies believed that the Benghazi attack was due to protests against the film for several days if not weeks. FACT.

4. Hillary had a few (less than 20 I think) documents on her private server that were not appropriately marked classified. FACT.

5. The Secretary of State's office and Government IT were all fully aware of her use of the serer and helped her set it up. FACT.

6. Previous SoS's had used private emails and servers. FACT.

7. She deleted personal emails unrelated to government work. this is a right EVERY AMERICAN INCLUDING YOU has in responding to a subpoena. You can delete personal/irrelevant information. FACT.

Facts Al. Learn them. Know them. Let them wash over you.

1. The Secretary of State is responsible for the safety and defense of US Embassies and personnel. Fact
2. Seth Rich was not robbed, he was executed. Fact
3. CIA Head: 'Analysts Never Said the Video was a Factor in the Benghazi Attacks'
October 31, 2015 Blog Post
As the Select Committee’s investigation continues, it has become necessary to clarify the facts and refute the misinformation being spread by those who seek to dismiss and discredit the new evidence revealed in last week’s hearing.

In the course of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s testimony regarding the September 11, 2012, attacks in Benghazi, the American people learned that she:

Told the Libyan President at 6:49 PM ET on the night of the attacks that “Ansar as-Sharia [sic] is claiming responsibility.” She did not reference a video. (Note: Ansar al-Sharia’s senior leader in Benghazi, Ahmed Abu Khatallah, is the only person who has been arrested for the attacks.)
Told a member of her family at 11:12 PM ET on the night of the attacks that “an Al Queda-like group” was responsible. She did not reference a video.
Told the Egyptian Prime Minister at 3:04 PM ET the day after the attacks that they “had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack – not a protest. … Based on the information we saw today we believe the group that claimed responsibility for this was affiliated with al Qaeda.”
These private statements are obviously quite different from what Secretary Clinton was saying in public at the same time, and what she was not saying – namely, that a terrorist group was involved and the attack had nothing to do with a video:

The night of the attacks, at 10:08 PM ET: “Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet.”
The day after the attacks, at 9:57 AM ET: “Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our Embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the internet.”
To explain the glaring difference between what Secretary Clinton was saying in private and what she was saying in public, some have argued that she was simply going by assessments provided by the CIA that changed over time. But this makes no sense. Consider:

In the hours after the attacks, Secretary Clinton’s private statements never changed, and neither did her public statements. In private, she said terrorists were responsible and the film had nothing to do with the attack. In public, she made no mention of terrorists and repeatedly referred to an internet video.
Michael Morell, former deputy director and acting director of the CIA, wrote in his May 2015 book The Great War of Our Time that while the CIA knew “the demonstration and violence in Cairo were sparked by people upset over a YouTube video,” intelligence “analysts never said the video was a factor in the Benghazi attacks.” (p. 205-206)
Morell also writes in his book that CIA analysts “complet[ed] their first full report on what happened” and provided it to “senior policy-makers and to Congress on the morning of September 13.” He continues (bolded text for emphasis):
“The September 13 piece – the first piece to go beyond a simple factual update – said four things. First, that the assault on the TMF [Temporary Mission Facility in Benghazi] had been a spontaneous event that evolved from a protest outside the TMF. Second, that the protest and subsequent attack had been motivated by what had happened in Cairo earlier in the day (there was no mention in the piece of the YouTube video defaming the Prophet Muhammad). Third, that there was evidence of extremist involvement in the attack, and by 'extremists' the analysts absolutely meant terrorist involvement, because extremist and terrorist are synonyms to terrorism analysts. Indeed, the piece reported, that people with ties to al Qa'ida had been involved in the attack. The bottom line here is important: the analysts thought Benghazi was terrorism from the beginning. And whether or not the assault evolved from a protest, it was still very much a terrorist attack.” (p. 218-219)

All of this raises several important questions:

First, if the CIA and intelligence analysts never even mentioned the YouTube video, why did Secretary Clinton?
Second, if the first full intelligence assessment of what happened was not available until September 13, how can it be claimed that this assessment influenced Secretary Clinton’s statements on September 11 and 12? She couldn’t have read it before it was written.
Third, if intelligence analysts and Secretary Clinton believed from the beginning that Benghazi was a terrorist attack, why did Secretary Clinton not say so publicly until September 21?
Fourth, Secretary Clinton told the Egyptian Prime Minister on September 12 that “It was a planned attack – not a protest,” but when a reporter asked her on September 18 about the Libyan President saying it was a planned attack, she dodged the question, saying, “the Office of the Director of National Intelligence has said we had no actionable intelligence that an attack on our post in Benghazi was planned or imminent.” Why the dodge?
Secretary Clinton continued to associate the video with what happened in Benghazi in public remarks two and three days after the attacks, including at a transfer of remains ceremony at Andrews Air Force Base with family members of the victims present. But that same day, a State Department official at Embassy Tripoli in Libya wrote an email to colleagues in Washington, D.C., stating that “it is becoming increasingly clear that the series of events in Benghazi was much more terrorist attack than a protest which escalated into violence,” and urging them to “be cautious in our local messaging with regard to the inflammatory film trailer” because “the films [sic] not as explosive of an issue here as it appears to be in other countries …. Relatively few [Libyans] have even mentioned the inflammatory video.”Fact
4.George Stephanopoulos: “You know, you’ve said many times that the emails were not marked classified. The non-disclosure agreement you signed as secretary of state says that that’s really not that relevant. It says classified information is marked or unmarked classified and that all of you are trained to treat all of that sensitively and should know the difference.”

Hillary Clinton: “Well of course and that’s exactly what I did. I take classified information very seriously. You know, you can’t get information off the classified system in the State Department to put on an unclassified system, no matter what that system is. We were very specific about that. And when you receive information, of course, there has to be some markings, some indication that someone down the chain thought that this was classified and that was not the case.”
As Secretary of State and life long politician HC knew what was classified and what was not. Fact
5. Of course the S of S office knew, she hired the IT people. Fact
6. Previous Sof S had personal emails but did not use them for Classified Documents. Fact
7. How do you know they were personal? And why did she delete them after being told not to?
Get your facts straight Jeff

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Walt Williams is a 57 year old Russian borst maker, paid by Russian Intelligence to sow dissent on this board.

P.S. That's a joke!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Al, facts come from reputedly sources, not whatever Russian intelligence funded blog post you dug up. Or, instead of Al, is it Ursula?

I'm not going to parse the vomitation post you just put it. It's cut and paste nonsense.

But I'll respond to three items to show that, as usual, you are full of it.

1. Whether it was a robbery or not, the murder of Seth Rich had nothing to do with the DNC and the Clintons. Sean Hannity ran his mouth about it and you bought it, but even FOX FARKING NEWS knows it is bullshit.

Link: Lawsuit Alleges Fox News And Trump Supporter Created Fake News Story : NPR

2. You are completely and utterly wrong about Clinton and Benghazi. She was exonerated by the REPUBLICANS who issued the House Intelligence committee report.

House Panel Finds 'No Intelligence Failure' Before Benghazi Attack : The Two-Way : NPR

And just as important, you are being fed and believe LIES about the timeline. This is not from some blog paid for by Russians. The House report itself makes it clear the intelligence community, including the CIA, believed the attacks were the result of a video and protests to it for nearly 10 days after the attacks.

You want me to post links to the actual report and news sources that show you to be wrong, and basically a duped fool who believes anything he reads on a blog?

Seriously man. Wake the f*** up. You are getting played by internet "news media" out to make a buck off your ignorance, and Russian intelligence who wants you and me to hate each other.

Facts are facts. You need to work hard on learning the difference between facts and "shit someone writes on the internet I want to believe."

P.S. -- How do we know the emails are personal? Because she swore under oath in response to a subpoena they were and the House committee and others believed her. You would have the exact same right if served with a subpoena. You are saying she doesn't get that right? Why? Because she is a woman?

Last edited by a moderator:
Al, facts come from reputedly sources, not whatever Russian intelligence funded blog post you dug up. Or, instead of Al, is it Ursula?

I'm not going to parse the vomitation post you just put it. It's cut and paste nonsense.

But I'll respond to three items to show that, as usual, you are full of it.

1. Whether it was a robbery or not, the murder of Seth Rich had nothing to do with the DNC and the Clintons. Sean Hannity ran his mouth about it and you bought it, but even FOX FARKING NEWS knows it is bullshit.

Link: Lawsuit Alleges Fox News And Trump Supporter Created Fake News Story : NPR

2. You are completely and utterly wrong about Clinton and Benghazi. She was exonerated by the REPUBLICANS who issued the House Intelligence committee report.

House Panel Finds 'No Intelligence Failure' Before Benghazi Attack : The Two-Way : NPR

And just as important, you are being fed and believe LIES about the timeline. This is not from some blog paid for by Russians. The House report itself makes it clear the intelligence community, including the CIA, believed the attacks were the result of a video and protests to it for nearly 10 days after the attacks.

You want me to post links to the actual report and news sources that show you to be wrong, and basically a duped fool who believes anything he reads on a blog?

Seriously man. Wake the f*** up. You are getting played by internet "news media" out to make a buck off your ignorance, and Russian intelligence who wants you and me to hate each other.

Facts are facts. You need to work hard on learning the difference between facts and "shit someone writes on the internet I want to believe."

P.S. -- How do we know the emails are personal? Because she swore under oath in response to a subpoena they were and the House committee and others believed her. You would have the exact same right if served with a subpoena. You are saying she doesn't get that right? Why? Because she is a woman?

HC's job title made her responsible for the Embassies and the personal. I don't have a clue how she was exonerated. It all boils down to “A man convinced against his will
Is of the same opinion still” And your last question was stupid. I'm not a woman hater unlike the people you defend continually. And I wouldn't believe HC if she swore on a stack of Bibles. OK I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back