GT40wanted

Tony Haldane Bates

CURRENTLY BANNED
Im looking for a rover engined gt40 replica. I don't mind doing some work on something that needs it, but I don't have a big budget so I am only looking for something that is not to expensive.
Please PM me if you have anything for sale.
I am Near Exeter in England
Tony

GT40 for sale

Tony
My car is item 224 on the GT40 Enthusiasts Club website - as per the link Ian has posted above.

It is currently advertised at £20,500, but I will be SUBSTANTIALLY reducing the price, so perhaps you would like to give me a ring to discuss

07720 414319

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Tony

Don't fall into the trap that yank engines in 40 are any more or less expensive than Rover powered cars. The rest of the car is the same and Rover lumps are not cheap to get power out of. The main cost differential will be down to psychology of owning a car with Rover power over yank power. IMHO of course!!!!

Tony Haldane Bates

CURRENTLY BANNED
Julian,
many thanks but car sold.
Still looking for something not as expensive as those in the for sale ads.
needing work or part finished

Tony

Tony Haldane Bates

CURRENTLY BANNED
Last time. Any GT40s for sale

Just one final post before I go and buy myself another S2000.
ANYBODY got (or know of) a part completed GTD gt40 replica? I'm not too flushed with cash, so cannot consider those advertised here. Something sitting in a garage that's not been started? something that's not been finished? something with no engine? I really am interested in ANYTHING at this point.
Please email me at [email protected]. Am based in Exeter, UK, but will travel anywhere in the country to look.
Thanks

Tony

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Tony,

Just trying to help out and not pry, but what is the limit? That might help folks a bit. I know in the US a complete, but second hand, kit isn't going to go for much less than $35k. That is complete though, clearly with pieces missing or fab work left to be done the price will come down. But, I can't see getting a body/chassis for much less than $15k-$20k used, since new ones can be had for $24k, rolling chassis/body.

under 30K?

Ron Earp said:
Hi Tony,

Just trying to help out and not pry, but what is the limit? That might help folks a bit. I know in the US a complete, but second hand, kit isn't going to go for much less than $35k. That is complete though, clearly with pieces missing or fab work left to be done the price will come down. But, I can't see getting a body/chassis for much less than $15k-$20k used, since new ones can be had for $24k, rolling chassis/body.

Please share - I was looking at a Cobra kit, thinking that the GT-40 would be out of my $$ range. Who makes a kit that can be had for 24K?

Thanks!!!

Back