H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.

AC lines and heater water pipes were the order of the day along with rocker/door seal mounting strips.
The -8 and -10 AC lines run through the chassis.

3dA49e.jpg

ACfXda.jpg

HKlL1J.jpg

KFyhJN.jpg

Then the door strips, these will allow us to install the weather strip rocker and OEM style step plates.

aDINFm.jpg

All welded up, the rocker fits into the groove and has bolts go right through all three layers and into the 2 x 6 of the chassis, the combination of the door seal and step plate then hide all of the fasteners. there will be shim added between the door strip and the 2 x 6 to set the height of the rockers.

ShUeJ9.jpg

JLshUN.jpg

Last edited:
H keep the pictures coming maybe at the end of the build you can make a file from start to finish and send me a copy so I can reference it during my build. As always it's nice to learn new tricks off of true craftsman on the car building circle like Allan and yourself Thanks Larry

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,
When you come across a picture that you like (all of them in Andy's build log), right click on the picture and save it on your drive that way you will always have it. I would also take it a step further and create a build log by highlighting the text and click copy then paste it into a word doc and then copy and paste the picture below it. There are many talented people on this site that have good ideas and sources for parts that are worth taking note of. If you save the information that you like when you come across it you will always be able to find it without looking through several build logs.

Rick

Slicing up some pattern foam from which I'll create some door card moulds.

BucRxg.jpg

I also think that I'll make a mold in some form of this piece, I know Jared needs one, he's already trying to blag mine.

P0FKXm.jpg

These little blocks will create a pocket for the door latch switch, I'll glass over them then bond the parts to the doors where the handle is now.

lhi7fg.jpg

RkD41H.jpg

We will run solenoids to pull the latch, these solenoids will be inactive once the alarm is armed.

Started on door card moulds today, It will be a three piece deal, the main card, the trim ring and a central pocket.

BdpfZd.jpg

Cgtkl9.jpg

And the transaxel showed up so we did a little trim to the oil pan in order to clear the all wheel drive shaft, then installed the lump in the chassis, this will allow us to now restructure the bulkhead and start to layout where parts will go in and around the engine bay.

LB8bQp.jpg

H Let the fun begin I made my first purchase for what I will call the Carbon GTR, I sent Fran a brand new 3.5 Ecoboost Twin Turbo Motor today for the start of my GTR Build.

Jared V

Supporter
H Let the fun begin I made my first purchase for what I will call the Carbon GTR, I sent Fran a brand new 3.5 Ecoboost Twin Turbo Motor today for the start of my GTR Build.

Sounds like a badass ride! You got the Ford power plant part right(unlike me)...but not the V8 part:laugh:

Ron no although that would be interesting no my plan is to introduce the carbon look into the paint scheme and also within the interior and engine bay hopefully what's in my vision becomes reality:

Looks like there will be a few really cool 'aftermarket' items available from HCraft. Almost makes me want to build another. Almost.

I have been taken by the Ecoboost V6 in the Radicals, they have a good looking intake setup. Anyone know where to get an intake or whole engine with that config?

Mesa nice heads up on the Radicals I am going to get a hold of Hogan alum intakes and see if they started producing any intakes for the Ecoboost because I want to spin mine 180 degrees and have two separate intercoolers feed air from the side scoops into the intake if they don't offer I will fab my own

So I've been working on the door frames, in regards to creating an OEM style, draft seal lip all around the door. First I've done the B pillars which ties the B pillar into the rocker/step plate mount.

GZn8wA.jpg

e20UBg.jpg

uOjbuF.jpg

And the A pillar gets a similar treatment. they are secured to the A pillar and rocker/step plate mount.

E3ri8Q.jpg

E3ri8Q.jpg

qEzFfm.jpg

I now have a matching pair of door card patterns that have been coated in a layer of epoxy resin, from here I can sand and high build prime ready to pul moulds of off them.

9szfnN.jpg

Big brakes came up next, Jared got us a set of Baer 15" with six pot calipers all around. The set was for a Camaro which is where the stock GT-R brakes come from, so after boring the centers of the disc bells out to 70.7mm they fit onto the earlier style Chevy hubs.

oLaYLD.jpg

After this mod the fronts bolted right on. The rears were a little more challenging, first off the rim of the 15" disc just catches the tip of the lower control arm so a slight trim was needed there for the disc to spin freely, and the caliper bracket needed a little mill work to clear bits of the upright, all in all not to bad a job, it took about 5 hrs all in

lD81ZO.jpg

13brAK.jpg

n9xwma.jpg

fdV2CX.jpg

ljCacP.jpg

No issues with the wheel clearances so this job is done, and they look great too.
This thing should stop on a dime.

H you will need to put a catalog together with all of the available parts you are creating and a price sheet, I know for a fact I will be ordering tail lights.

H you will need to put a catalog together with all of the available parts you are creating and a price sheet, I know for a fact I will be ordering tail lights.

I have a list in the office Larry. Its a ever expanding list though, as I progress with Jared's build ill no doubt come up with more parts.

So far I can make, Fog light buckets carbon or GRP, wheel arches, tail lights, Carbon head light buckets.

In the works are, door cards, some what of an OEM style center console and engine cover hinges.

Not sure it quite warrants a catalog though.

H no doubt I will be ordering parts from you just curious if anyone knows where I can find the intake setup used on th Radicals 3.5 twin turbo car with or without the charge coolers or does anyone know anyone in the aftermarket maybe producing a intake manifold for the 3.5 Ecoboost twin turbo if not I may take on this challenge

Back