Harvey's O.K.???

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Harvey\'s O.K.???

It was great to meet Michael and his father at Carlilse. I hope you guys are O.K.

Re: Harvey\'s O.K.???

I spoke with Mike this morning...

They obviously evacuated as they live in New Orleans and are now 3 hours West.
They have taken residence with Dad in the travel trailer...

They had to travel to Texas to get a generator to keep themselves civilised..
Mike did say that he parked his truck infront of the garage to protect his GT40....
I wished them well and told them not to worry about the car just stay safe...
They cannot return to their homes??? for a week ..they have no idea of the condition of their houses either..
My thoughts and best wishes to any and all effected by Katrina..

They had to travel to Texas to get a generator to keep them civilised..

Mike told me that he parked his truck infront of the Gra

Yes, we're OK...we'll be staying away from New Orleans until the National Guard opens the roads back to the city.

Damage report from my neighborhood is that there is no visible damage to my house, which is quite a relief.

I'm glad I don't live on the other side of the river...it seems like the entire east bank is under water.

Well, they didn't see my house specifically, but the neighborhood in general appeared to be in good condition, with minimal flooding.

Well, they didn't see my house specifically, but the neighborhood in general appeared to be in good condition with minimal flooding.

Hopefully would-be looters of my GT-40 will be shot by the local law enforcement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Glad to hear Michael that you and your family are fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pat

Supporter

Michael, I'm glad to hear you are OK. I grew up in New Orleans and lived through Betsy, Camille and three of the four Florida hurricanes last year and nothing compares to this. My brother lives in Metairie and can't get near his house. When I was in the Louisiana National Guard pulling flood duty, we had guns, the looters had guns but the problem was we weren't allowed to have ammunition. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I'm glad you are safe and your home appears safe.

Mike - good to hear you got out okay, and that your house may be ok. If you need any help with anything, let me know - I'm in Houston (I'm actually in McAllen right now, returning tomorrow morning).

Cheers

Back