Healthcare

Dom, I would like to hear about the German plan as well.
Today I heard BO's spokesman answer a qustion as to whether BO would read the entire bill if it was passed prior to signing it into law. These people never cease to amaze me, he said that BO would have a general idea of the bills content when he signed it. What the hell are we paying these people for? BO doesn't have time to read a bill that will affect the healthcare lives of the entire US (less himself, the senate, congress and federal employees) and 20,000,000 illegal aliens?: Probably has a pressing date with Michele on Air Force 1.

politicians are like computers. You put garbage in and you get garbage out! Leaches of the planet, put them off on the next rotation!

Other than the fact that there will most likely be 20,000,000 more voters, what is behind the push to give healthcare to people that are here illegally? Don't the politicians know the definition of illegal? Seems like a no brainer, "you're not here by legal means, go back where you came from". What's the difficulty with that? It boils down to selling the US economy and citizens down the river for re-election. Damn, I hate most politicians!

Al,

I will tell you what I know. Some people have corrected me on this one, but I learned this when I lived in Cologne 15 - 20 years ago, and almost had to go on the German system. For a few small items, this is how I understand it works. If anyone with more experience here, kindly make the additions.

In Germany:
- at 18 you join an insurance company
- while you live in Germany, you keep the same company for your whole life
- at 65, I believe you go onto a Medicare style system
- when you change jobs, you take your insurance with you - in years gone by, the Germans didn't change jobs very often
- you split the premiums 50/50 with your employer
- if you are new to the country, you had to find an insurance company who would insure you. They have pre-existing conditions (like all insurance companies) and over time, these pre-existing conditions don't go away (not like my U.S. insurance company experience)
- if no one will insure you, the government has a very expensive insurance that will take anyone
- if you lose your job, the government has an insurance scheme that pays your premium
- the hospitals are run by either religious groups or universities (perhaps other people as well)
- doctors are private, and when you see them, they bill your insurance company. When I was there, I was insured through a U.S. insurer, so I paid the doctor bill and was re-imbursed by my insurer

That pretty much accomplishes my previous post. The Japanese have a system that is similar to the German, and Taiwan has a pretty new system but (if I remember the details) caps costs.

See the following. This is put up or shut up to the politicians.

We need to send the letter to all of our congressmen

<tt>Rep. Fleming from </tt><tt>Louisiana has introduced a resolution requiring any member of Congress </tt>

<tt>who votes for the healthcare bill to sign up for the government plan </tt></pre>
<tt>instead of the comprehensive, private plans they all currently have. So far and </tt></pre>
<tt>to no one's surprise, no democrats have agreed. He's encouraged everyone </tt></pre>
<tt>to go to his website and vote in the poll about this. If you agree,</tt></pre>
<tt>please vote and forward
this to everyone you know. Congress needs to </tt></pre>
<tt>know that we think it's unacceptable that they want to force us into </tt></pre>
<tt>a program they are unwilling to use for themselves and their own families!</tt></pre>
<tt> http://fleming.house.gov/</tt></pre>
</pre>

Now there is a email address to report "fishy" things you may read or hear about the healthcare bill to the BO administration. flag.whitehouse.gov Time to polish up the jack boots!

In George Orwell's classic book, 1984, one of the Four Ministries that governed Oceania was the Ministry of Truth. The purpose of the Ministry of Truth was to rewrite and control history, to ensure that the government was never wrong. It's knowledge and power were absolute.

"He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."

I have heard a few arguments defending the White House's latest foray into Big Brother Government, but none of them even came close to convincing me.

The simple truth is; there is no reason that the White House actually needs [email protected]. This is the White House after all, and they have hundreds of people spread out all over the country who are capable of identifying arguments that are in opposition to their point of view.

But that is not what they are after. The White House seeks total control of the conversation. The White House does not want debate.

Here is an excerpt from the White House Blog:

"These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected]."

Barrack Obama is not asking you to call about what you heard on the Rush Limbaugh show today, he doesn't want to hear from you about Shawn Hannity's latest statement. No, they already have people for that who monitor everything they say. Every newspaper column, every news cast, every talk radio show is already monitored by political operatives all across the country.

Barrack Obama is after you an I. The Little guys who sit "just below the surface". We don't rate high enough to warrant national attention, but we have enough juice as a collective to influence the conversation.

What is the government going to do, I wonder, when someone sends an alert to [email protected] to report a local blogger who is speaking out against healthcare, or anything else for that matter. After all, it is not [email protected], it's whitehouse.gov. Is that blogger going to get a personal call or visit from a White House Official telling him that his opinion is incorrect? Will that blogger be forced to change that opinion? Will he be forced to publicly apologize to the Federal Government?

Will he be sent for reconditioning?

The dark undertones of this administration are frightening. I have never been frightened of my government or my President before. I have strongly and adamantly disagreed with them. I have never feared them.

I am afraid that our way of life is about to drastically change. I think liberty and freedom are about to be redefined to conform with strict parameters laid out by the Federal Government.

Good Luck.

Remember to send any complaints you may have about this article to: [email protected]

In George Orwell's classic book, 1984, one of the Four Ministries that governed Oceania was the Ministry of Truth. The purpose of the Ministry of Truth was to rewrite and control history, to ensure that the government was never wrong. It's knowledge and power were absolute.

"He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."

I have heard a few arguments defending the White House's latest foray into Big Brother Government, but none of them even came close to convincing me.

The simple truth is; there is no reason that the White House actually needs [email protected]. This is the White House after all, and they have hundreds of people spread out all over the country who are capable of identifying arguments that are in opposition to their point of view.

But that is not what they are after. The White House seeks total control of the conversation. The White House does not want debate.

Here is an excerpt from the White House Blog:

"These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected]."

Barrack Obama is not asking you to call about what you heard on the Rush Limbaugh show today, he doesn't want to hear from you about Shawn Hannity's latest statement. No, they already have people for that who monitor everything they say. Every newspaper column, every news cast, every talk radio show is already monitored by political operatives all across the country.

Barrack Obama is after you an I. The Little guys who sit "just below the surface". We don't rate high enough to warrant national attention, but we have enough juice as a collective to influence the conversation.

What is the government going to do, I wonder, when someone sends an alert to [email protected] to report a local blogger who is speaking out against healthcare, or anything else for that matter. After all, it is not [email protected], it's whitehouse.gov. Is that blogger going to get a personal call or visit from a White House Official telling him that his opinion is incorrect? Will that blogger be forced to change that opinion? Will he be forced to publicly apologize to the Federal Government?

Will he be sent for reconditioning?

The dark undertones of this administration are frightening. I have never been frightened of my government or my President before. I have strongly and adamantly disagreed with them. I have never feared them.

I am afraid that our way of life is about to drastically change. I think liberty and freedom are about to be redefined to conform with strict parameters laid out by the Federal Government.

Good Luck.

Remember to send any complaints you may have about this article to: [email protected]
Al
you are 100% correct..why in the hell else would our government be seeking info about who is saying what?
And just as the state run media tried to crucify "joe the plumber" they can come for you..if they decide your impact was large enough..
so watch your step brother..:thumbsup:

I sent this to BO at [email protected] he probably won't see it, but someone will. Scew hiding!

Dear President Obama,

I must confess, I have been listening to Laura Ingraham, Mark Levin, Michael Savage, and Jerry Doyle on the radio. I watched Congressman Tom Price's eloquent speech ( http://www.youtube.com/watch? 0v=SD_YOlUBoIk ) on the healthcare bill, and he actually read it! I was appalled when your spokesman was asked "If the healthcare bill is passed, will President Obama read the complete bill before signing it into law?" The spokesman said that you would have a general idea of the bills content. General idea? I would wager that 95% of the people that are voting on this ridiculous life changing bill have not read it. What are we paying the 535 people making these descisions for? I'm 65 years old, Medicare is about to run out of money! Social Security will soon follow suit. Who gave government the right to spend our retirement on anything they have felt like since the Korean War. Given the track record of the government, I wouldn't trust you to run a popcorn stand. If your healthcare is so great, why not give us the same plan. And the global warming farce. Why don't you listen to the 31,000 scientist in the US that oppose it? I know why, taxes, lots of taxes. You're going to tax animal flatuence? Please! Oh, the way you stuck your nose into local law enforcement, that was real spiffy too. One last thing, my uncle went down in a B29 on his 32nd mission over Germany, he is buried in France. I am deeply embarrassed each time you apologize for this country. My uncle and a lot of close friends died so that you can say things that shouldn't be said by our president. I am not even going into your bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia or the Russians that wouldn't shake your hand in the reception line, that's too embarrassing.
In 2010 I am going to do everything in my power to get the people that vote for this bill voted out of office. And in 2012, maybe you should look for new employment!

Sincerely,

Al

Wohlstrom says...

"I must confess, I have been listening to Laura Ingraham, Mark Levin, Michael Savage, and Jerry Doyle on the radio. I watched Congressman Tom Price's eloquent speech ( http://www.youtube.com/watch? 0v=SD_YOlUBoIk ) on the healthcare bill"

Case closed

IMSA

Trust me,

There is absolutely nothing I could add after looking at your list.

Your post above speaks volumes about how you've formed your opinions regarding the issue at hand. Unfortunately the rest of us have to hear it. Now all you need to do is throw in Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, and Gingrich onto to your list of listening influences and you’re set. There wouldn't be any insurance money behind these people now would there? Nah, Not 'great Americans' like that.

Then again I could be wrong. Maybe after the last 8 years of disinformation and outright lies coming out of the most intentionally dishonest administration in a hundred years, you're a little skeptical about anything coming out of Washington DC. That must be it.

Critical thinking, you might want to look into it.

IMSA

IMSA

And your outstanding well of knowledge would be Pelosi, Reed, and their ilk? IMSA, your problem is quite obvious, you need to see a proctologist for a cranial extraction!

Well that's not quite what I was getting at when I brought up the idea of critical thinking but it's a start.

IMSA

I tell you guys what.....I would be willing to gamble Al's GT40 against anything that Obama is a one term president.....
you gotta remember Obama won what? 53% of the vote against Mr pin head looser Johnny Macain ....come on get real...
If the republicans can come up with someone....anyone that can put together a coherent sentence.. Obama will be defeated...
It's that easy ...:pepper:

One more thing that 53% of the vote was in-spite of how bad Bush was doing...in-spite of the liberal media campaigning for Obama 24-7... in-spite of acorn working around the clock for Obama...in-spite of how bad macain sucked... in-spite of the amount of money Obama spent vs Macain..in-spite of how it was a historical moment...in-spite of it all.....
Obama still only won 53% of the vote:laugh:

But when Bush beat Kerry by a margin of 50.07% to 48.3%, we were told the election was a decisive mandate for Bush's agenda. You guys need to make up your minds.

We will see what happens over the next 3 1/2 years and go from there. No one said it was going to be easy to clean up the mess the last administration left. Nor will some of the things that need to be done be pretty or popular, but they still need to be done.

It's a little sad to see a political party once lead by good men like Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and Goldwater disintegrate into what it is today; a party lead by a radio talk show host.

IMSA

Back