Hello from Lim

Hi everyone
I have been browsing this website since the day I am involved with Russ Noble building the GT40s. It is time to introduce myself, I am Lim, from Singapore living in Christchurch for about 20 years. GT40s is the car that I have admired, never in my dreams that I will one day build the car from scratch. Thanks to Russ Noble that he approached :shocked:me, as we have the same interest. :thumbsup: As a toolmaker by trade it is alot easier to fabricate the parts. As a Chinese educated:chinese:, hence my english is limited and simple. Will try my best to post and update regarding my car that I am building. Lastly thanks Ron for this forum that we all enjoy reading and share the same interest.
Lim

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Welcome Lim and well done. Both you and Russ are doing a great job.
I always look forward to updates on your project.

Bill

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Welcome Lim, you are already well known and respected on the forum from Russ posts, and he readily gives credit where it is due. I look forward to more posts from you.

Dave

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Good to see you posting on this forum Lim.

Lim is a top guy. He won't blow his own trumpet but he is an expert and meticulous toolmaker who loves that sort of work. It's his hobby and his job and he keeps himself up to date by going to numerous overseas machinery exhibitions etc.

He is multi talented and also loves working with wood. He has built and upholstered all his kitchen, lounge and dining furniture.

His big problem is that he needs twice as much space as anyone else to accomodate both his metalworking and woodworking machinery!

He also has some other interesting projects that he wants to move on to when his GT40 is finished.....

It'd be a bugger if you had nothing to do, ay Lim!!!!

Cheers,

Russ

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Lim!!!!

Like the others - I've been admiring your work for quite some time now.. Your English is just fine! I'm sure much much better than my Chinese! :)

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Welcome Lim. I really enjoyed meeting you at Ruapuna.

Cheers,

Brian.

Thanks guy, will do my best to post some photos in the near future. I will be away for 5 weeks, going overseas for exhibition from last week of march to end April. Will continue my project as soon as I am back (May) I do makes some furniture just to keep my Queen happy, as she always tell me I need 48 hours a day not 24. It was really a bugger ......... that I have caught a cold that I have lost 5 days doing nothing, except browsing the website and updating my file.
Brian, It was nice to catch up at Ruapuna
Russ, always enjoyed working with you.

Lim

Lim , even if you had 48hrs you would still need 60 just for the extras that always need doing, You have my sympathies for the cold/flu bug, both Donna & I landed it after Teretonga, I reckon that Ross Nichol fella brought it over from Aussie with him, :):)
Mr Noble will probably get it as well, if he hasnt already, since he left his thermal socks behind this time!!!!!!!!!!!...................:)
Has he told you how the dent got in the MX5 yet-------we have photos!!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Welcome Lim, "fellow" toolie (Thats precision tradie) here, nearly 40 years in plastic mould tools (injection, blow, pressure form etc) metal press tools and precision machining (incl. CNC, cad cam FA etc )
Any time you want some company at the next IMTS Chicago or K fare Dusseldorf for "refresher courses" let me know.
Every one else on this forum are accountants or lawyers :laugh:

Now I understand why Russ' car wasn't ready for the racing recently ---
Bad Management! :laugh: --- apologies in advance.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
It's thanks to Lim ( who did all the Tig welding) that I was able to continue racing my car in NZ. It's such a solitary job, welding (don't you think?) that Mr Noble and I consumed a few beers while we watched him work. Thanks again Lim and welcome to the forum officially.
Ross

LOL Ross you are a true Aussie! They truely believe that drinking thier mates beer while watching them do thier work is helping LOL. I miss Australia. And helping my mates.

Jim

Hi Jac
You reckon that the flu/cold from Aussie. I think you are wrong, cos when Ross returned form Teretonga I helped him to clean the car for shipping, must be that Tapanui Flue from down under.

Thanks Flatchat for the offer. I will like to collect a few more machinery, unfortunately I have floor area problem.

Hi Ross. It was a pleasure to help you out, especially you have comes all the way and due to some breakdown, and are unable to race, what a waste? As one of the group is a laidback racing, I reckon someone have to drink to cool down, oops...... Sorry Ross. I have really enjoyed catching up with you in Christchurch.

Cheers
Lim

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Pete --And a damn good salesman at that --I reckon that you sold your biggest and best copier to the U.S. government --so they can print more money :lipsrsealed:
Apologies for thread drift

Lim -- we don't need to collect more machinery ( they depreciate too fast) -- its just for look see and holiday

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Lim -- we don't need to collect more machinery ( they depreciate too fast) -- its just for look see and holiday

Yes you do, you can never have enough machinery :pepper: When you do it Lims way, depreciation is a non-issue :thumbsup:

Hmmmmmm........ Holiday........ that could be a new concept for Lim...... Although the inaction enforced by a dose of Jac Mac's Tapanui Flu could be a start......

Lim hates doing nothing. He's the guy that has said (paraphrased) "If you work an extra hour a day it's like getting an extra month and a half a year to do things" :pepper: Based on an 8 hour day.

Hello Lim, I have been waiting to see your car on the build log as we see the amazing work you and Russ have done so far. I see why there hasn't been much activity on Russ's log for a few weeks as you guys have been doing the rounds with Ross Nicol's car. I wish I lived in the Mainland but I've been at work for the last Couple of weeks and wouldn't have got there anyway.

Cheers Leon.

Hi Lim,

I was great meeting you when Ross was here in NZ - when you get to throwing some wires around and need a hand give me a yell.

At least helping Russ you get to see his mistakes - look forward to seeing you build.

Right the first time?

Hi Lim,
Welcome aboard.I hope you are nearly over that FLU.Anyway it has been great and fun working along side you and Russ.Gladly offer my help to you aswell when required.
cheers Leon

Back