Hello From Vancouuuuuver

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to say how amazing it is that there is such a community of volunteers that run this website and share this information!

Great work everyone!

Oh, in advance I apologize if I post a question that has already been answered.

Cheers,

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Luca,

I think you will find that the good folks here enjoy answereing honest well thought out questions, even repeated ones.

Welcome Luca from the other Vancouver!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the welcome note! I have friends in Portland so I travel past Vancouver, Washington a couple times a year.:coolgleam:

On your profile it is written "GT40 SPF P2226" and I was wondering what the SPF P2226 part means?

Last edited:
Welcome Luca,

I think you will find that the good folks here enjoy answereing honest well thought out questions, even repeated ones.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the welcome! I know some friends of friends who live in in the bay area. Well met. I recently saw a video that was professionally done on power block tv or somewhere, and they had a real Shelby Cobra 427 that went up against a Factory Five modern Cobra replica through various road and race tests. The engine they used in the Factory Five was a new Ford/Roush Coyote engine, and it occured to me that someone could use that same modern engine in a GT40 replica to increase BHP, torque and MPG over traditionally used engines.

What engine are you running in your GT40 and what were your criteria for choosing that engine? Also what was the year of your build?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the welcome note! I have friends in Portland so I travel past Vancouver, Washington a couple times a year.:coolgleam:

On your profile it is written "GT40 SPF P2226" and I was wondering what the SPF P2226 part means?
SPF is abbreviation for Superformance. P2226 is a chassis number that Superformance gives to its GT40's that are continuation series from the originals. If you're down this way let me know. There are 2 SPF's in the Portland area.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Luca,

My car is SPF P2264, it is a standard MKI, which equals something close to the 1968 Le Mans cars. Wider rears than the early cars, but not as wide as the 1969 wide tail cars. In 1968-69, the winning Gulf cars ran 302s.

I always wanted a GT40, nothing more, nothing less. So I went with a 302 based SBF (small block Ford), an RBT ZF tranny, holly carb.

The motor is a Roush 342R crate motor, 450 hp, 425 tq, It is very fast.

The SPF cars are not really a "build", they come essentially complete, needing only motor and trans. I ordered it in May 2008, and have been more that happy, I am just crazy about this car!

Last edited:
SPF is abbreviation for Superformance. P2226 is a chassis number that Superformance gives to its GT40's that are continuation series from the originals. If you're down this way let me know. There are 2 SPF's in the Portland area.

Chassis number great, now is this a number that the US DOT uses for importation purposes to log your vehicle and registration ect? Thanks you very much for the offer, and I will take you up on that. I had found a video put out by Superformance showing the build process and showing them off at one of the important auto shows in California. They looked like time machines, like they came out of the pit garage at Le Mans or Datona in 1967. Gorgeous cars, and they have more character than the modern reinterpretation Ford GT to boot.

Are you allowed to disclose what the bill was for your rolling car minus engine and transmission? I understand that each one is built with it's own optional equipment and suspension components specific to your needs but I am attempting to gauge what the range is for completed cars minus engine, tranny and other mechanicals.

What finished colour scheme did you choose for your car and do you have photos? ( I tried looking on your profile but could not find any, or could not find what part of the menu they are hidden under)

Luca,

My car is SPF P2264, it is a standard MKI, which equals something close to the 1968 Le Mans cars. Wider rears than the early cars, but not as wide as the 1969 wide tail cars. In 1968-69, the winning Gulf cars ran 302s.

I always wanted a GT40, nothing more, nothing less. So I went with a 302 based SBF (small block Ford), an RBT ZF tranny, holly carb.

The motor is a Roush 342R crate motor, 450 hp, 425 tq, It is very fast.

The SPF cars are not really a "build", they come essentially complete, needing only motor and trans. I ordered it in May 2008, and have been more that happy, I am just crazy about this car!

Hey Jim,

You have taught me something already about the originals that I didn't know. Do I guess correctly that you installed the 5 speed and not the 6 speed to keep things closer to the originals?

Those are definitely impressive stats on the 342R. Living in Florida you could even use it as a daily driver by setting up the suspension a little softer. Can you get insurance there which allows you to drive it year-round?

Back