help about Australia.

Days as today are a real sufference for me.
All deeply gray,cold..typical european november weather..in a word, a SHIT(thanks god I still like my work..)

Being really bored and full about things going on in italy,and noting it can only be worst (soon as Bulgaria..) I am thinking to move in somwhere better place (and I need the sea,being a cityboy).

Can anybody suggest me any website for people thinking to move in the new continent?

I am also thinking at united states, but seems is a mess also only get in there(to my 75 yrs old dad arriving in JFK they always ask him if he wants o be a terrorist..)

Any help will be well appreciated.
I start ask here inside cause I know a lot of good people are always here reading and posting.

...and in australia gt40 is a possible car(a reason more to move from f land..)

:eek:thank u

Ron Earp

Admin
I am also thinking at united states, but seems is a mess also only get in there(to my 75 yrs old dad arriving in JFK they always ask him if he wants o be a terrorist..)

Hey Paolo,

come on over! Pick a different airport to come into and avoid New York.

Characterizing the US based on experiences in New York is a bad idea. Despite what New Yorkers think, New York is a small fraction of the US population and insignificant based on land area. Trust me, we're not all bad.

Australia would be nice though I bet, or New Zealand. But the US would be cheap for you these days and few pesky rules/laws to get in the way of GT40 ownership.

R

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Paolo

Australia would be cheaper to live than US, but NZ is probably even better for your Euro dollars.
The weather is better in Australia although maybe not in Melbourne where I live. If you look at Pete's photos he is always smiling and he always has a tanned face - the weather is much warmer in the north where Pete lives.
Probably a good idea is to take a holiday and go to all the places you are considering and stay a while. I think you'll find a forum member wherever you go and that means plenty of GT40s!

Ciao

Bill.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Paulo,

I really feel for you! I seem to remember you in the depths of depression this time last year with regard to the climate....

Bill's idea to take a holiday before you decide is a good idea. I'm sure you would always find forum members to meet, or even to stay with so you could experience 'real life' in the country as opposed to what is laid on for tourists etc.

GT40 ownership in NZ is probably a lot cheaper and easier than Oz because there are less hoops to jump through to register kits or one offs. Going prices here for a secondhand GT40 are between $NZ65,000 to $NZ80,000. Check out the exchange rate!

NZ's biggest advantage, is also it's biggest disadvantage. We have a population of 4 million people. A very small consumer base if you are setting up a local business but once you get away from the madness of our two biggest cities, Auckland and Wellington, the pace and quality of life is superb. Essentially no traffic or traffic jams.

The scenery is stunning, and varied, the roads are a drivers delight. Skys are blue and pollution is minimal. Everything is green.

NZ is a fairly egalitarian society and you don't need a large income to be able to own a boat and go waterskiing or a race car and go motor racing. Skiing, golfing, mountain climbing, whatever you like is available and hobbies/activities are all relatively cheap to enjoy here. Just as well because wages are not that high! But everyone can do it.

Because the country is so small everything is close to hand.

We are fairly isolated from the rest of the world physically, but with modern communications and travel that is no longer a real problem. Can be regarded as an advantage!

Oz is pretty good too, wages are better there, but it's full of bloody Australians! Also I've been told that when the US is finished securing the oil in Iraq they are going to attack Australia to secure the uranium deposits...;)

Good luck Paulo. Organise yourself a holiday.

Cheers

Yes, is true:(
The climate is a problem for me (one of the reason I didnt move to Sweden or Uk,great places to live...but climate is terrible.Honestly Uk worst than Sweden).
When all is really grey (in the meaning that everything is foggy and rainy) I seriously think to move in a nicer place...and Australia (or even NZ) is always on my top list,beng also the farest place from here (think 30 hours of jumbo flight..),and cause when here is such beginnin of winter,there is full summer.
I want to see America,it is a must,but yes...to live there..I am quite scared (really want to see Florida and California),and suspect they already have too many foreigners going around and creating problems.

Surely I also need a vacation(when u manage all the business alone, vacation becomes a dream,and I cant get anybody helping me cause the taxations on work here is incredible.To have an idea:if I pay him 1000 euros..I have to pay to govern about 5000,monthly,and if I dont do it,is a BIG crime here....so really cant).
More, we are approaching to Xmas period..and this is the best period for my sales.

This idea to move is not anyway a joke, thank u for all the sites u are giving me,reading really a lot here....and more i read more I want to travel.
I need the sea.

Thnk u all guys.

Paolo,

If you come to Australia, and I recommend it, PM me if you are in Sydney. The Sydney climate and beaches are great, however it is rather crowded, and expensive. Southeast Queensland, such as Brisbane, is probably better for you. Anywhere along the east coast, northish.

Is Milano really that bad? We were near there (in Prato and Firenze) in June and it was lovely; bright and sunny. Perhaps the rest of the year and winter are grey.

In any case, it is a big decision, and you leave behind a lot of contacts and friends. But you will rapidly make new ones. All the best!

Dalton

Paolo
Take it from another Kiwi who has been to your country, a lovely place with equally as good people. New Zealand is your dream of freedom. Like Russ said its a small place but what a place. You can live the life style as you want by choosing the varios localities, and you euro conversion will make you think you have won the lottery. Dont hesitate to aske for more help, there will be plenty of offers.
Cheers
Russell

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Paulo

I also agree that the winters in europe are terrible - coming from Southern Africa I miss the good weather - but now in Zimbabwe you cannot buy even the bare essentials so I am glad I moved away for other reasons.

South Africa itself is great and a fantastic place for a holiday etc. - I'm not sure I could live there with the security and crime problems they have

Now in 2008 in July I'll be heading to France in a GT40 for the LeMans Classic - Call me stupid but I doubt if Pete from Ausi would ever get to drive his car around that track!

So in short yes the Europe weather can be depressing but look forward to the new year.

Perhaps in January shut your shop for a few weeks and go and visit Australia and New Zealand - in January the air ticket prices will be better and you'll have all your Christmas Revenue to spend on the holiday.

And I look forward to meeting you ar Le Mans in July

Ian

Paolo,

I have always enjoyed your posts and you have gone so far as to help my daughter with her homework (if you remember) so if you come to Tasmania at any stage please let me know, I'd be very happy to meet you.

Talking of the weather - the political climate just got a lot sunnier here. Hopefully we can become our own country and an attractive society again.
How does that old proverb go - "A bird at the Bush is worth waiting for...", something like that. ;)
I won't go any further than that on your thread but. YAY!

I for one would welcome you here. I might even have a drink or two with you and I don't do that very often. ;)

Tim.

Thank u for all the comments and tips guys.Really appreciate theme (no offense at all for my beloved UK, the coolest place in Europe,and the real capital of this continent...for music,ideas,business...and gt's ;)
It is just Milano city that is a sufference,cause mostly industrial and business place (I think as a sort of abandoned Detroit..),and increasing prices and life cost day after day.
Tuscany area is a dreamland,and one of the nicest part of Italy (probably THE nicest)as all the central part...until Rome.More u go down and mor it becomes as irak...consider in my military service we made some police patrol operation in calabria region, and we use to park some Blindo B1 Centauro (a big AFV,similar to LAV-25,but armed with a 105mm gun) in front of justice palace,to protect theme from mafia.

Really cant stand those "grainy" days..:( and do not dare to ask as last year a pictures of the AU or NZ climate (or america's ones..).
My soul is there with u...really.
Here it is 12.20 am...and is already night...:(

Thank u for the great support!:)

Paolo,
What Tim is referring to is that, as a result of today's Federal Election (in Australia), we have just changed from a Liberal (right wing, conservative) government to a Labour (left wing) government. You'd better let things settle here a bit, as everyone changes chairs, before you migrate. I think the Labour government promised us more sunshine.
Best wishes,

Dalton

Keith

Paolo,
What Tim is referring to is that, as a result of today's Federal Election (in Australia), we have just changed from a Liberal (right wing, conservative) government to a Labour (left wing) government. You'd better let things settle here a bit, as everyone changes chairs, before you migrate. I think the Labour government promised us more sunshine.
Best wishes,

Dalton

That's a GOOD thing? :eek:

They certainly screwed up here, big time. Look out for a 'population explosion'.....

Keith,

They are nothing like the English party of the same name but for me it's not about who won, it's about who, and what, was beaten.

Australia may become a country I recognise again. I hope so. I'd like to be proud of it again when and if Paolo gets here.

Best thing to do with politics is to keep changing the bastards around, and to mix up the various levels, that way they can't become too extreme, which is unfortunately what happened here - no thanks to some outside influences.

I look at television of your country and wonder how the hell it became a surveillance state!
Hopefully this change of power will reverse those and other vile trends that have slithered into our society.

Anyway I'll try to avoid any further comment on this thread (or forum).
My celebration got the better of me I'm afraid... :)

Suffice to say I am much happier to invite Paolo here. :)

Tim.

Back