help about Australia.

Keith

Whoa down there a moment....

"You need to get out of there" and

"You know it is time to leave a place when people struggle to obtain the basics"

It's been like that in Britain since I was a kid, but now we have made the final Lend/Lease payment this year to the USA, who knows, things might improve... :eek:

Not all of us have the luxury of moving countries at our whim. I lived in the USA for 6 years and they decided there was no room for me and my family so I had to leave everything behind including a $750,000 house. Australia and New Zealand decided that they only needed Shepherds and Surgical Boot Makers so that wasn't an option. So now, proud to be English and staying here until "death us do part".

Run away if you want - rant about your country if you need to, but I live in the greatest democracy in the Western world (despite it's faults) and I ain't gonna quit anytime soon..... so there.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Paolo,
Come to the US and check out Texas. It's seriously like no other place in the world. I moved here from Alabama in 1993 and it's completely different. I know, I know, "Alabama, did you have sex with your sister and marry your cousin? Blah blah blah!" NO!! haha
Anyways, I'd love to move to Aussyland, or NZ. My fiance and I want to go to Australia for our honeymoon, but DAYUMN is it expensive!! So now it's either Cabo or Hawaii. BUT ANYWAY... I agree with the idea of taking a vacation and visiting potential new homes. That way you'll get to experience them before taking the plunge.
Texas will give you a whole new outlook on distance though. Haha A 4 hour trip to the beach is nothing. I went to the far south tip of Texas and it was a 6.5 hour drive. It's 5 hours to get to New Mexico. Anyways, it's cool that you can move to wherever you want. I wish I had the financial resources and freedom to do that. If you do get to Texas, hit me up. I'd love to meet you!!

Laters,

Brian

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Keith/Paolo

Being an EU citizen, you can move/live/work anywhere within the EU without having to go through immigration - is that right?
As far as Keith's comment "but I live in the greatest democracy in the Western world (despite it's faults) and I ain't gonna quit anytime soon" - that's fair enough, I wasn't talking about the UK but you can if you want. This thread is about Paolo and his unhappiness living in Milan, a highly industrialized and modern city in Europe that is struggling to keep its people working and living in a community like fashion.
Noone knows what it is like to live within your own skin except you, but Paolo has given us a glimpse of life in Milan at the moment and has invited us to make comment on his situation. If immigration to the US or AUS/NZ is too difficult, maybe somewhere else within the EU that has a better climate would be better than Milan.....
My 2 Au cents, which is about 1.2 Euro cents..... not really worth much:dead:

Back