Hey everyone

Hi guys my name is Mike. I've been into cars for a while now. I have a BMW 750il and a 1969 Pontiac LeMans, and am looking for an awesome mid engine car to build. i've done a lot of work to my Pontiac, but theres just something about a mid engine car that just seems to trump everything else. The pontiac is a lot of fun, but i want to keep it semi classic so I cant do all the fun stuff I really want to do to it. Plus it corners like a rhino on mountain roads....

To be honest with you, I was looking at the FF GTM before I found this site, but once I did, i started to reconsider. I think both cars whould be amazing to build, and both are awesome on the road.

Just a little background; I'm an engineering student at San Jose State University (however I'm fairly new to the program and dont have a ton of knowledge regaurding the design and engineering of midengine cars) which is exactly why I joined this forum. :shy:

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Mike. There is a wealth of technical knowledge on this forum. Ironic you own a Lemans, the race that defined the GT40!

Mike, welcome to the forum. I too was interested in the FF GTM, that is until I discovered the RCR SL-C which I am now assembling. Lots of good info here. Enjoy!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Mike

Welcome to the fourm, you'll get a lot of good info from the good people here, and the rest are pritty good too. San Jose State is fairly close, I'm in Saratoga. On Sat mornings there is an auto get together behind Santana Row around 10:00 am. I often brig my GT40 spf, come by and I'll show you around.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Mike!

Like the others have said - there's a wealth of knowledge here on these forums. If you have any questions - please let us know!

thanks for the welcome everyone :)

and Jim, that would be amazing. I actually used to work in Santana Row, and I had no idea that this even went on.

Back