Hey Fran!!!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Remember when I called you the other day and talked about the SL-C? Well, what I said was true. I just got a cash offer on 3 HUGE ranches and I'll be placing an order with you soon. I just have to get the commission check in hand. The seller & buyer agreed on a bundle deal for all 3 ranches for quite a huge sum of money. Haha I don't want to give all details out yet for fear of jinxing myself, but once it's all over, I'll divulge the information. I'll just leave it at this, it's the largest single sale our office has ever had. Soooo, get me the information I requested so I can present it to the Minister Of Finances (wife) for approval and distribution of funds. LOL

Just wanted to let you know and toot my own horn for a second...

I'm so happy!!

Laters,

Brian

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Congrats Brian!

I too had to wait for something similar to enable my purchase and I know the feeling you're going through (I'll tell you the story after your check is in hand if you'd like). Fingers crossed for you.

CK

Brian

Good move. I have always loved the 40 and am building an RCR Mk1 but then Fran goes and designs the SL-C...............if only I could afford both!

Have fun

John

Brian Hamilton

Yeah, it was a little bit of a tough choice, but hearing about the roomyness of the cockpit and the excitement in Fran's voice about driving the car, I think I made the right choice. Wanna know the specs?

Engine -
26b 4 Rotor (550hp +/-)
Naturally Aspirated for now, turbo(s) later. (1000 - 1400 hp)
Big Stuff 2 Stand Alone ECU

Transmission -
Ricardo 6-Speed
Transmission Cooler

Color -
White with black wheels and accents
I want it to look like this...

1120758651la.jpg

Everything else will be RCR Standard Street Trim, or deluxe or whatever. LOL All I know is it's going to be one insane street car that will definitely see track time as well.

I do have a question though...

If I put my company name, logo, and my contact information on the car, would that be a tax writeoff because I'm using the car for advertisement?

Any tax guru's out there?

Laters,

Brian

That's awesome news Brian. I was hoping you were going to go for the SL-R, but I'm sure you'll love the SL-C. That car is going to sound sick, and look even sicker.

Brian Hamilton

That's awesome news Brian. I was hoping you were going to go for the SL-R, but I'm sure you'll love the SL-C. That car is going to sound sick, and look even sicker.

I would have gone with the SL-R. That was the hard choice. But, it gets HOT in Texas and having Ac just sounded soooo nice. I will get the SL-R too. Just need to let this money start making me some money before I do that. Oh believe me, I'll have both. I'd like to see some more aftermarket support on the Turbocharged Ecotech engine to make more power. That's my new drivetrain choice I think on the SL-R.

I actually just finished up the contract for these 3 properties, had to roll them all into one large contract. Tell ya what, everyone in the office was coming by to see if the rumors were true about this sale. It's really awesome and I just hope everything goes through as planned. Once the contract is signed and accepted by both parties then I'll spill the beans on the specifics...

Laters,

Brian

Congratulations! Nice!

I love the motor choice! The LS7 thing a bit over done, eh? :) It will be an awesome car. That thing is sooo beautiful.

Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Best,

-J.

That Lola does look good. Hard to believe it is over 15 years old. Good luck on the deal! If it doesn't work out, do another one.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Who's building your motor? Pineapple?

I used to live in Portand and dealt with Rob a bit. Was a real stand up guy and seemed very helpful. If I was dabbling in rotaries still I wouldn't hesitate to go back to him.

I too love that Lola, it's quite a looker. Best of luck with your patience!

Brian Hamilton

The 26b is basically 2 13b's from the RX7 put together with a custom excentric shaft. Pineapple Racing makes them to order. I'm going to call and order it once I get the check I'm waiting for and the order in to Mr. Fran. I'm going to get the engine shipped straight to him and let him do all the hard work because I don't wanna mess it all up. Hahaha I figure I'll get it built for a turbo and leave it NA for a while and then throw the boost at it once I get used to the car.

So, ya'll think it's a good idea?

The 26b is basically 2 13b's from the RX7 put together with a custom excentric shaft. Pineapple Racing makes them to order. I'm going to call and order it once I get the check I'm waiting for and the order in to Mr. Fran. I'm going to get the engine shipped straight to him and let him do all the hard work because I don't wanna mess it all up. Hahaha I figure I'll get it built for a turbo and leave it NA for a while and then throw the boost at it once I get used to the car.

So, ya'll think it's a good idea?

I don't know if running a turbo motor as n/a or vise versa, is going to work out so well. The porting which controls the overlap of the engine, when set up for a turbo, might really kill hp when run n/a. Better talk to who's ever building the motor.:huh:
If it were me, i think i would just have it set up for N/A for the sound alone... and maybe less blown apex seals...

Chris Kouba

Supporter
What is the difference between the 26b and the 787b?

13b:

20070131-13B.jpg

26b:
Mazda-DS1.jpg

787b:
mazda_2.jpg

Somewhere I saw footage of the 787b's motor running with its rear bodywork and airbox removed. It was pretty cool watching the induction length change with the RPM's.

I once had the pleasure of riding in an RX-3 (full stage rally car) with a 13b in it. On the revs, it pulled as hard as the 5.0 Mustang I was driving at the time. My rally RX-7 never had that much cajones.

Yep - I like Rotarys too :thumbsup:

I remember a weekend at Le Mans a few years back (actually, must be about 20 yrs! :stunned:) and I'll never forget the sound that the Mazda's made on full chat - it was positively ear-splitting. A sort of shrill scream that just went on and on.....Intoxicating!

Good luck with your long term goal - I'd be tempted for a visit to see it run on track as and when it materialises...

Brian Hamilton

I'm still thinking on weather or not to boost it or keep it NA. As I said, final decisions will be made when check is in hand. Hehehe. The engine from Pineapple Racing is $12k-$20k depending on how radical I wanna go. According to Fran, anything over 500hp in this car is just overkill. I mean, I'd LOOOOVE 1,000+ hp on tap, but that may just be too much.

I never thought I'd say that. I'm always the guy telling people to turn up the boost or up the nitrous shot. Haha. I guess a 600hp NA 4 rotor at 9500 RPM would sound about right eh? I'll probably only run it at local tracks like Motorsport Ranch and Driveway Austin and Texas Motor Speedway. Lucky I have these all within about 2-3 hours of me.

Hell, I make a few more sales like this and I could probably just build my own. Hahaha. Nah, I'd need more than a few. I know tracks are crazy expensive to build. Anyway, that is my dream though. Nice house, plenty of land, a few badass cars, and my own race track to run them on.

I'll be 30 on November 17th of this year. I think I'm on my way to realizing that dream.

The contract is in the hands of the buyer and I'm going to call him today and make sure all is well. Then I'll have it back in my hot little hands tonight or tomorrow. Then I'll let you guys know what all the details are. LOL I'd bet you guys are really interrested, or maybe not. Haha. Anyway, I'll fill you guys in soon.

Laters,

Brian

Tom - You may have a point in noting the exuberance of youth but remember,chasing and realizing a dream is why you and I are here also. BTW - You are an inspiration to all of us on this forum. Brian - I hope you get to realize that dream but for now,one step at a time. Good choice with the coupe. A.J.

Back