Hey Fran!!!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
That explains something :lipsrsealed:

Tom

Hahaha.
Yeah, I'm still a youngster, but you have to have dreams and work at attaining them. Otherwise, what's the point of working? I'm just realizing part of the dream now. Well, half of it actually. I'm still waiting for the signed contract back from the buyer before I go into more detail, but yeah, it's going to be able for me to achieve 1/2 of my life goal. Maybe I need to up my goals eh? Hahaha

Laters,

Brian

Brian, We have a local engineer building custom 4 rotor rotories and even exporting them to the States. His workmanship is superb as is the detail.Very labour intensive.
Cheers
Russell

Attachments

• Motor 002.jpg
    Motor 002.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Motor 003.jpg
    Motor 003.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 294
  • motor bits 2.jpg
    motor bits 2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 272
  • motor pics 1.jpg
    motor pics 1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 325

Brian Hamilton

Brian, We have a local engineer building custom 4 rotor rotories and even exporting them to the States. His workmanship is superb as is the detail.Very labour intensive.
Cheers
Russell

Yes, please, daddy needs more info on these. LOL I'd like a website or other way to contact him.

I drove to Austin Sunday afternoon and spoke with my financial advisor about how best to invest this cash as well as spoke with a friend of mine about investing in his developer business. The buyer of the ranches wants to develop the larger ranch and I'm getting him hooked up with my developer friend. It is great for me because since I'm the one who hooked the whole deal up, my friend is paying me 3% on every house he drops in there. Nice chunk for me there as well since I believe it's going to be in the order of 80 homes for phayse 1.

I flew out to the ranches Monday morning at 6:00am and was out driving around until 6:00pm when I had to be at the airport for my flight out. I arrived at my house in Brownwood at 1:15am. It was absolutely worth it. Meeting and getting face time with the seller and concreting the already good relationship we have is worth gold. He wants to list multiple more ranches with me. He actually gave me 3 listing right as I was leaving. I have to get those written up today.

I called the buyer on my layover in Houston and explained everything I saw out there and he was so excited I could hear it in his voice. Then my f**king phone died!! It's ok, the buyer is a very cool calm guy and when I got to my moms house in Austin, I plugged it in and was able to call him back. He was so enthused and excited about the ranches he said he was unable to play pool after my phone died. He said he was shaking, smiling, and couldn't concentrate at all so he had to put the stick down and drink his beer. I spoke with him more and he said I should have a signed contract from him this afternoon or this evening and an Earnest Money check on the way tomorrow.

It's almost concrete. I'm getting excited but I'm trying to keep myself in check. You have no idea how hard that is. Haha

Laters,

Brian

Brian Hamilton

certainly is the best time in many years to buy real estate....if you can afford it...

Mainly land, residential is still in the toilet in most places. Loans are hard as hell to get, so like you said...

If you can afford it, go for it!

Brian,

Having taken a fairly large hit recently (nothing to do with the markets) it's really rather helpful to see somebody's getting close to achieving their target.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the build progress.

Brian Hamilton

Brian,

Having taken a fairly large hit recently (nothing to do with the markets) it's really rather helpful to see somebody's getting close to achieving their target.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the build progress.

Yeah, I hear about all you guys taking substantial losses in their financial portfolio and I feel bad talking about my good fortune. I really do feel bad for you guys, not to sound condesending or anything. I know my grandmother in New York has lost a TON of cash in the markets. That's why I met with my financial advisor about what to do with this money before we even have it. It's hard to trust investments at the moment. I was just going to turn around and put it all in land, since that's what I do.

OK...

I feel pretty confident to spill the beans on the total of this sale. I'll leave out my commission, but you guys who are in the know can pretty much figure it out, well, you'll get close.

3 ranches
3,141 acres with 5 miles waterfront
1,051 acres surrounded by two 100,000+ acre ranches
350 acres stocked with exotic game

Total bundle sale: $26,670,000.00

ANd the best thing is, I really like the buyer and seller both. I have a feeling we'll all be doing more business together soon and for a long time. Both of these guys are awesome.

Laters,

Brian

Yeah, I hear about all you guys taking substantial losses in their financial portfolio and I feel bad talking about my good fortune. I really do feel bad for you guys, not to sound condesending or anything.

3 ranches
3,141 acres with 5 miles waterfront
1,051 acres surrounded by two 100,000+ acre ranches
350 acres stocked with exotic game

Interesting setup. I once visited a little spot near Austin on an exercise. I identified a small group of Chital deer, showing that either the plot we were on was being used illegally, or we'd been set up. The latter proved to be the case. Eventually we gave up trying to make sense of it and revealed ourselves to a fellow who turned out to be a game manager. Fortunately he'd served in Vietnam and the Australians there had taught him what proper beer was.

No Brian, I really do mean nothing to do with the markets, or the missus. I might still be able to gather some bits, but it will now be quite a while before I'm placing an order.

Keep it up Brian, this is all good therapy - for me anyway!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Brian - Do you do anything with smaller acreage in the Palestine TX area?

Brian Hamilton

That is some deal Brian.....fingers crossed for you.

Thank you sir, you are going to be one of the first people called. Hahaha I want this car BAD!!

Last night, the wife was trying to understand how I could spend this much on a car. I told her I'd show her cars that perform less and cost waaaaaaaaay more. So I did. Then she said she was worried that racing was going to put a strain on our relationship. So I told her I'd only attend one event a month. Then she said she was worried about how much the maintainence was going to cost. So I told her that I'd only do it when we could afford it. Then she said, "If you get a ticket, you're parking it for 6 months!" To which I replied...
"If I park this thing for 6 months, I'm going to convert it to ethanol, throw a pair of turbochargers on it, and it'll make 1,600hp. Muahahahahaha"
Then she shut up for a second and said, "Well, I guess having it setup like this is fine. But I don't want it to get in the way of anything. Plus I don't understand how you can spend $80k on a car!"
"You just spec'd out a friggin Jaguar XJR for $110k, don't tell me that crap. Hahaha"
"I just don't understand it."
"Well fine, I'll buy the SL-R and the SL-C, I'll spend $100k and then you can tell yourself they each cost $50k, that better?"
"Hahahahahahaha! NO! *giggle*"
"Well I think that buying you a house, new car, and paying off all our debt constitutes me to buy a damn race car and THIS is what I want. You won't hear me bitching about wanting a race car again... for a while. Hehe"
We were just being goofy by then.

I understand her gripe, her ex was a golf enthusiast and was golfing just about every day. Paying hundreds of dollars in green fees every week and never home spending time with the family. I'm much more of a family guy and taking them to the races I think would be loads of fun. I'm also not the selfish type who would just say, "Race this weekend, gotta go!" and take off. It would be planned and we'd make an outting of it. The daughter is really getting excited about it. She wants me to take her to school in it. Haha

It'll all work out. We're all about planning ahead. I make her sound like a tart up there, but she's awesome. She just wants to make sure I don't turn into her ex, which I won't because I'm not an inconsiderate, selfish, vein, asshole. LOL

Interesting setup. I once visited a little spot near Austin on an exercise. I identified a small group of Chital deer, showing that either the plot we were on was being used illegally, or we'd been set up. The latter proved to be the case. Eventually we gave up trying to make sense of it and revealed ourselves to a fellow who turned out to be a game manager. Fortunately he'd served in Vietnam and the Australians there had taught him what proper beer was.

No Brian, I really do mean nothing to do with the markets, or the missus. I might still be able to gather some bits, but it will now be quite a while before I'm placing an order.

Keep it up Brian, this is all good therapy - for me anyway!

That's funny, I'm actually from Austin. They must have taken you out to the Hill Country, absolutely beautiful out there. I also heard that you Aussy's are very proud of your beer and if I ever go there, don't forget to mention how great and strong the beer is. Hahaha
I'm still sorry about your financial misfortune. I'm glad this is making you feel better though. I'm just trying to be as smart with this whole thing as I can be and putting our money where it's as safe as possible. Neither of us want to be hurting if anything goes down, we may just get it all turned into gold and then bury it in the yard. hahaha

Brian - Do you do anything with smaller acreage in the Palestine TX area?

Yes I do. I am licensed for the whole state of Texas and work for a company called United Country Real Estate. We have offices throughout the state, and country for that matter. Send me a PM and we'll talk. Our company thrives on helping each other out, we're like a big family. I can find properties all over the state and get you any info you need.

Laters,

Brian

Brian, that is good news. Not sure if your financial advisor is your tax advisor, but don't forget setting some aside for Uncle Sam, generally 1/3. This could change with some tax planning :thumbsup:.

Yes, two cars for $100K sounds soooo much better than one car for $80K. Maybe if you tell her that the SL-C kit starts at $60K, and Fran throws in a SL-R for free! A buy one get one free deal.

I still really want to see how the SL-R and the SL-C compare on the track. Maybe once I get my car all put together and slap a Rotrex supercharger on there, we'll have to take a trip down to Texas.

Brian Hamilton

Yes, two cars for $100K sounds soooo much better than one car for $80K. Maybe if you tell her that the SL-C kit starts at $60K, and Fran throws in a SL-R for free! A buy one get one free deal.

I still really want to see how the SL-R and the SL-C compare on the track. Maybe once I get my car all put together and slap a Rotrex supercharger on there, we'll have to take a trip down to Texas.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for everything to be finalized before I start celebrating too much. I tried to tell her we could get the SL-R for the daughter, but that didn't fly either, she knew the truth. Daughter is only 12. LOL

I'd love to have a track day. Once I get everything done & together, we should plan on something like that next spring.

Once I have the earnest money check and all that, we're planning on a 60 day or less close. So it all should be over & done with by the end of the year. And if this one falls through, I have 4 other buyers lined up for one or more of these properties. It's good stuff. The seller just listed 4 more properties with me too!! Two commercial and one ranch and we actually finalized the paperwork for the 350 acres that we're selling this guy. So actually 3 new ones.

Anyway, I'm having a pretty good day today and this is turning out to look like a pretty good first year in Real Estate for me.

Brian Hamilton

Brian, that is good news. Not sure if your financial advisor is your tax advisor, but don't forget setting some aside for Uncle Sam, generally 1/3. This could change with some tax planning :thumbsup:.

Yeah, we're actually setting aside 40% just in case, as this sale bumps me waaaay up in the tax bracket. If a certain candidate gets elected into office this may change for the much much worse. I'm pretty aggrivated about that because I've been working my whole life for this and now when I get it, I'm going to get screwed in taxes. No good...

Back