How Fast Is A SL-C?

by my reading, they were doing rolling start drags from 30, 45 and 60 mph. driver aids like traction control or 4wd less important starting from those speed. Also, with the power these cars have, the guy who gets the "bust" gets a significant advantage. We also don't know what rubber he is running. Truth - who knows?

They actually inject fuel into the exhaust stream to keep the turbos spinning I believe. Comparing Mclaren technology to what Joe Blow can build in his garage is really not fair. A P1 would walk a 700hp SLC like Slick Willy leaving the Bunny Ranch.

So they use "Anti-Lag"...? It's used on a lot of rally cars. If that is true,, I hope they use some really durable turbos. Anti-Lag will eat a turbo's lunch.

The P1 weighs 3280 lbs with 903 hp
the 918 weighs 3600 lbs with 887 hp
Cody's SLC weighs 2600 with 650+hp ???

I can see the SLC beating up on those two sleds

I took mine to the local track on test and tune, last year, 8:92 and I was on the rev limiter 8000 which is 165 mph for a good 50-75 feet before the end of the 1/4.

Plus I slipped the clutch off the line for 15 ft, there is to much traction at the start and I didn't want to break anything, I don't think it would spin the wheels taking off, just probably break something.

Your shoes needed to be tied tight to walk at the starting line that's how sticky it is.

They kindly told me don't come back without a chute and better seat belts.

I didn't build it for that, but I did build it to go thru the gears in a city block or 2.

Getting ready to go to CA November for Sevenstock, a rotary engine event at Fontana.

I took mine to the local track on test and tune, last year, 8:92 and I was on the rev limiter 8000 which is 165 mph for a good 50-75 feet before the end of the 1/4.

Plus I slipped the clutch off the line for 15 ft, there is to much traction at the start and I didn't want to break anything, I don't think it would spin the wheels taking off, just probably break something.

Your shoes needed to be tied tight to walk at the starting line that's how sticky it is.

I didn't build it for that, but I did build it to go thru the gears in a city block or 2.

Getting ready to go to CA November for Sevenstock, a rotary engine event at Fontana.

Geez that is fast as hell.

Garry Just said he ran a 8.92 sec @165mph in a 1/4th mile drag strip guys!!!!

Do you realize how freaking fast that is?
SLC Vs. P1 or 918 is def. possible and I bet the SLC would win due to how strong the top end of the ls7's are...

I don't think many of you guys have done any current "roll racing" lately. But weight and HP numbers are adding up into the favor of SLC.

although I feel this post is a tease because the OP hasn't said anything and has no proof.

Garry, How much HP are you pushing in your rotary ?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter

:shocked: Holy crap that's fast! Not that I'll get anywhere close to that, but I've gotta take mine to the strip.

Once im finished with my SLC TT ill have plenty of videos vs exotics for you gents... On point!

I will gladly test and push the limits of the SLC. On good tires like Toyo R888s or Nto5Rs

Please do Pete! and throw some Gopro's on as you do it!

Maybe we can all set up a day where Nation wide, everyone takes there car to the strip and test it out. Post videos and slips of their times... and of course tires and engine mods ect....

doesn't bother me one way or the other which is faster, but I find it amusing that all the butt-hurt people in this thread don't own SL-Cs

Trololol_13725d_2300852.gif

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I'll be polite and not hit that down the middle softball right out of the park but if you're going to come on a forum and say you put six lengths on a P1 with a NA LS7, you might bring some proof :)

Cody,
can you give us further details of the runs? starting gears for each run and finishing gear and/or speed each run?
Warren Kreyer used to own Cody's car and he told me the engine was dyno'd at 689hp, however, I can't recall the weight.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Assuming Gary's is 2600lbs, a 1/4 mile trap speed of 165 calculates to a fwhp of 860 hp.

Recalc....
He reported that he was at that speed 50 to 75 feet before the end. :stunned:

Cody,
can you give us further details of the runs? starting gears for each run and finishing gear and/or speed each run?
Warren Kreyer used to own Cody's car and he told me the engine was dyno'd at 689hp, however, I can't recall the weight.
The car weighed in at 2670 full of fuel when I scaled it 2 weeks before Cody purchased it. Not as light as I thought it would be.

Back