I never cease to be amazed!

Keith

The info about oil in Afganistan has been in the public domain for quite a long time. There's also issues about a major Russian oil pipeline in the territory, but all of this would be relegated to the subs bench if we totally focussed on alternative energy sources and left them with a billion tons of unuseable black sludge and a few white poppies.. :)

Oil...

Ridiculous

Guys,

Nick's video sums it up. But, now that the announcement about the mineral wealth of Afghanistan was announced, if we pull out and give the country back to the people (and the Taliban), the Taliban will take over the country, as they did before, and then can bankroll their own nuclear arsenal. Can we let that happen?

Hi,

I didn't actually mean the oil this is what I was talking about from the BBC news 17:17 GMT, Monday, 14 June 2010. Of course lithium is gaining more and more importance. I wonder who will benefit most from the find, shame Zimbabwe didn't have those deposits perhaps we would have gone in to help them if they had.

"Afghanistan may have more than a trillion dollars worth of untapped mineral deposits, a spokesman for the ministry of mines has suggested.

A joint team from the Pentagon, US Geological Service and USAID has calculated Afghanistan's mineral deposits are worth at least $900bn.

Geological surveys discovered large quantities of iron and copper as well as valuable deposits of lithium."

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

I didn't actually mean the oil this is what I was talking about from the BBC news 17:17 GMT, Monday, 14 June 2010. Of course lithium is gaining more and more importance. I wonder who will benefit most from the find, shame Zimbabwe didn't have those deposits perhaps we would have gone in to help them if they had.

"Afghanistan may have more than a trillion dollars worth of untapped mineral deposits, a spokesman for the ministry of mines has suggested.

A joint team from the Pentagon, US Geological Service and USAID has calculated Afghanistan's mineral deposits are worth at least $900bn.

Geological surveys discovered large quantities of iron and copper as well as valuable deposits of lithium."

Follow the money, or in this case the potential money.

Keith

Oil, Schmoil, Lithium, Dilithium (do Star Ship Captains know about this?) who gives 6 fucks - none of this is worth our youngsters dying for....

Find another way. It's not ours anyway - it's theirs.

Yes yes I know British Empire, exploitation, gunpowder, natives, spears, slavery, mineral wealth etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseum.

This is now - surely we've moved on?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
OK, back to the illegal immigrant issue that started this thread....here's the latest from the Associated Press:

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration, unable to push an immigration overhaul through Congress, is considering ways it could go around lawmakers to allow undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States, according to an agency memo.
The internal draft written by officials at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services outlines ways that the government could provide "relief" to illegal immigrants — including delaying deportation for some, perhaps indefinitely, or granting green cards to others — in the absence of legislation revamping the system."

No, I didn't pull a Breitbart and edit anything, but that's not all of the newspost. The rest can be read right here:

EarthLink - Top News

Is there no way to stop this nonsense? These people are criminals, openly showing contempt for the legal manner in which they can become residents of our great country.......how can the administration want to ignore what they willingly admit is their responsibility?

Al, like you, I never cease to be amazed at the powers politicians grant themselves.......:thumbsdown:

Doug
<SCRIPT>document.write('<iframe style="float:right;margin-left:5px" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/news.earthlink.dart/news_300x250_top;sz=300x250;ptile=5;ord='+rand+'?" width="300" height="250" frameborder="no" border="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>');</SCRIPT>

Hold on, B O may have made that a lot easier by his very action in trying to defeat the law. Dick Morris has an interesting read on this. Don't shoot the messenger(me or Dick) read the thought and see if it makes sense. It is a tactic of the liberals/progressives(sic) to attack the messenger and not the facts. Please don't waste your time on that.. If you have something to say about the message, go at it.

Bill

Published on DickMorris.com on July 28, 2010

When Judge Susan Bolton granted an injunction halting the enforcement of key provisions of the Arizona immigration enforcement law, she ruled in favor of the Justice Department's position, but against the president's political interest.

Had the judge sustained this law, it would have made moot Obama's opposition to the Arizona law. As it is, she has transformed the law into a big campaign issue against Obama. Now the president is standing in the way of a state that wants to enforce the law that he won't.

The Arizona law is massively popular in the United States. Over 60 percent of all American voters support it. But the president has sought and has succeeded in stopping it from taking effect. Now this majority -- close to two-thirds of the electorate -- that backs the law will be able to focus their blame for its non-enforcement squarely on the president of the United States.

In the long term, the Bolton decision will likely be overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court and Arizona will find itself vindicated. But, in the meantime, the decision endangers the re-election chances of three Democratic Congressmen from Arizona. Their constituents will not be satisfied with statements from these Democrats supporting the Arizona law. They will become embittered because Obama's Justice Department has overridden their will.

Why did Obama bring the suit in the first place if it hurts him? Because he was seeking to increase the turnout of Latino voters and trying to win them by the same huge margin (2:1) that they delivered to him in 2008. Since he took office, Obama's approval among Hispanics has dropped to 54%, foreshadowing a massive abandonment of his Congressional candidates in November.

But what Obama miscalculated was the intense support from among most voters that the Arizona law has elicited. As he bid for Latino votes, he has sacrificed much of his liberal, Democratic base.

This decision hurts him badly.

Go to DickMorris.com to read all of Dick's columns!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Well, Al (and others), it's happened again.

Seems a 14 year old girl in Houston was murdered by gunshot yesterday.

The perp is an undocumented alien....he was deported twice before and managed to make his way back into the U.S.A. again.....hopefully he will NEVER again escape our prison system, but there is some issue with the death penalty. Seems that our treaty with Mexico that provides for extradition of U.S. fugitives from Mexico prohibits the U.S. from pursuing the death penalty for any Mexican citizen on trial in the U.S.

Some may say that with all the murders in the U.S., why do I become so incensed if one, or perhaps even two, are committed by undocumented aliens, that the law of averages would seem to dictate that SOME of the murders in the U.S. would be committed by undocumented aliens.

I say even ONE is one too many.......these undocumented aliens should not be here and IMHO we cannot afford to show ANY of them any leniency.

My apologies, Bill, but as much as I'd like to be incensed over Bee-OH's failure to control the borders, I see the problem going back way too far, too many presidents of both parties have refused to dedicate the federal resources to controlling undocumented entry into our country. It's an issue of FEDERAL responsibility, regardless of the party in control of congress or the executive branch.

Bring our military troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan, they aren't wanted there by the residents, anyway. Station them along the U.S./Mexico border. It won't cost anything, their salaries and the expenses of supporting them are already dedicated, and in the end we'll be protecting our own citizenry, not those halfway across the world who seem intent on only killing our soldiers for their generosity.

One very PO'ed Doug!!!

I just don't get it. If you're in most any european country illegally you're automatically booted. There's no discussing it, pleading, demonstrating, causing a fuss, you're just simply gone...or at least in jail until you're gone. In most Asian countries it's the same. Same for much of Latin America. In many countries you're just simply never heard from again - N. Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, etc. Who, in their right mind, would say that an illegal alien has rights and deserves public monies to support them? The very nano-second they came into the US in an undocumented manner they said f-you to the U.S., and its Constitution and Institutions. And if Ms. Illegal Alien happens to have her child on US soil while here, well, so what? Send them both back.

And I don't buy this "we're just looking for a better life for ourselves, and to be able to support our families" thing....huh? No, you stay in your country, and fight to make YOUR COUNTRY a better place to be! Sound familiar? Think back about 250 years....

And finally, every time they have to be sent back a bill should be sent to the Mexican gov't for its citizen's housing and travel costs!

Last edited:
I just don't get it. If you're in most any european country illegally you're automatically booted. There's no discussing it, pleading, demonstrating, causing a fuss, you're just simply gone...or at least in jail until you're gone. In most Asian countries it's the same. Same for much of Latin America. In many countries you're just simply never heard from again - N. Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, etc. Who, in their right mind, would say that an illegal alien has rights and deserves public monies to support them? The very nano-second they came into the US in an undocumented manner they said f-you to the U.S., and its Constitution and Institutions. And if Ms. Illegal Alien happens to have her child on US soil while here, well, so what? Send them both back.

And I don't buy this "we're just looking for a better life for ourselves, and to be able to support our families" thing....huh? No, you stay in your country, and fight to make YOUR COUNTRY a better place to be! Sound familiar? Think back about 250 years....

And finally, every time they have to be sent back a bill should be sent to the Mexican gov't for its citizen's housing and travel costs!

Cliff, I wish that was the case. Unfortunately here in the UK, we don't ship them home, we end up housing them and their families etc... Our government is even looking at an amnesty for all Illegals...

The PC bug has spread around the globe unfortunately...

Cliff, I wish that was the case. Unfortunately here in the UK, we don't ship them home, we end up housing them and their families etc... Our government is even looking at an amnesty for all Illegals...

The PC bug has spread around the globe unfortunately...

Graham is quite right. Illegal immigrants here can fight their case through the courts for years using free legal aid and opportunistic lawyers provided by the uk taxpayer. If they are eventually granted the right to stay, they then have the right to bring in the rest of the family. A problem that the UK immigration service has is that many of the illegals destroy all their documentation so they then don't know which country to send them back to.

Back