IDF Weber set up from racetep.com

Frank good idea with the reliefs, I wonder if steel rocker covers would be better as they are thinner walled than the alloy ones?? or does it travel that much that relief ports are a must??

Also Can you please give me a measurement from the base of the manifold (flat part of the valley) to the top of the Ram tubes. I ask this as I have not seen a DRB with Webers, I also had to lift my motor an Inch to clear gearbox issues.

Chuck thanks for the link.

Cheers:)

Chuck

Supporter
Frank:

That is a clever solution which appears to work well. Either that approach or the spacers both look like good options. One less issue to sort out later . . . .

Chuck

Chuck

Supporter
Dave:

You noted: I wonder if steel rocker covers would be better as they are thinner walled than the alloy ones?? or does it travel that much that relief ports are a must??

With the steel "Ford Racing" style covers I had no clearance issues.

Chuck

Attachments

• IMG_3390.JPG
    IMG_3390.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 583
Hey Chuck any chance of a Total height measurement from base of manifold to to top of ram tubes?

Oh and how do you Guys adjust your mixtures?? Looks like grip with your fingers and turn job??

Last edited:
Adjusting can be done with "finger/thumb" or the "Two index finger method." Either way, theres not really any problem doing it.

I use medical clamp thingy's to get at the acc pump nut.

Don't waste your money on filter screens. They choke the carbs beyond adjustability.

Im working on a air box this winter I hope :)

Sorry about some of my crudeness in materials. I like to torture myself. I missed my calling as McGiver on TV. (You don't want to see my crankcase evac.)

Sorry about some of my crudeness in materials. I like to torture myself. I missed my calling as McGiver on TV. (You don't want to see my crankcase evac.)

McGiver was a cool show in it's time.I can't see anything wrong with the mods you have made. I appreciate your help.rockonsmile

Another question- Should I get the braided fuel hose kit from racetep
for $129? or are there better options??:confused:

Cheers

Last edited:
ThanX Chuck & Dave.

Dave, I just used the push on hose from a local hydraulic shop. With Earl's barbed fittings and Auto Zone band style clamps. I couldn't get black hose at the time so I used blue. Im partial to plain jane looks.

The kit from ractep seem priced ok especially if its the whole setup. I have $60 in barbed fittings. $4 hose, and $6 in clamps. But thats not stainless.

**EDIT**

Maybe a local hydraulic shop could price a stainless setup.

Sent order in today for set up.
Will post pics when it arrives and probably a lot more questions.
Cheers
Guys.:D

Congrat's Dave,

Make sure you get an Air Sync tool also. Your gonna love the WoW factor and the throttle response.

Thanks Frank
The Kit comes with a sync tool of some sort and a tuning manual.
I got the braided hose kit aswell, Looking around for a jet tuning kit.
Racetep have a set

V8 Master Tuning Kit
6 Sizes of Main Jets
4 Sizes of Air Jets
3 Sizes of Idle Jet
104 Pieces total
$415

Is this a good deal?? The carbs come with F11 emo tubes which hopefully should work with my stockish motor.

I would be inclined to ask around on jetting for similiar motors and then narrow your jets by those numbers. You may be suprised how close your setup is out of the box.

Ditto what Chuck says.

You'll be able to fugure out what you need once you go through some tuning. Don't sweat the jets for now < HaHA.

Got my Webers today:pepper:. I have to say that TEP really looked after me

and I would not hessitate in recommending them to anyone.

Ok ,now I have my webers I need to buy a dissy and ignition set up as my motor was running the Mustang fuel injection stuff.

1- What is a good distributor to use? I was thinking of using the E dissy from MSD.
2- What fuel pump and reg should I run? Have been recommended the Holley Red pump??

Congrat's on the early Christmas !

I just use what works. Ford Duraspark and the Mallory 6AL. Just make sure you use the right gear. MSD and and such are easier to dial in. ( Have to spot weld the Duraspark to get the total timing right.) Not a big deal.

Seems lately people have run into pressure problems with the Carter #4070 (no return line) pump. I use it and have no problems, 3 1/2- 4 PSI constant.

I would go with a geroter (sp?) type pump, not vane type(holley red), they are much quieter and better life I am told. a simple holley regulator, rating of 1-4 psi can be used (Summit). You can run it something like this'

fuel001.jpg

Dave,
In terms of a distributer, give these guys a go. They are not your "Big brand" but very good in any case. They are also relatively local ie, Mellbourne.

A mate has just got a dizzy from them for his cobra which is running a 302 windsor with Motec and these guys did the trick for him doing a ref / sync distributor with nicely machined cap to suit. all looks great quality.

Home

Back