Infringment results

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
If you're a bit over exuberant on the gas peddle or just plain having a senior moment whilst in charge of a motor vehicle here in the state of Queensland Australia --be mindful of the big cont-,the big cont-, the big cont-, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bandito.gifthe big constable with the yellow ticket book /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Attachments

• 73365-qldinfringments.jpg
    73365-qldinfringments.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 230
Chris. This is pretty close to Victoria. Seems the best way to go is to drive without a licence, pay the money and avoid the points!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris, it's a good thing that the "o" is two places away from the "u" on the keyboard. You could have accidently mis-spelled that word and described that nice policeman in an unkind way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Tim, always politically correct---ahem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Norm, ttt -- trust a Victorian to pick up on that--see how accomodating we (Qlders) are towards our southern friends and likewise to the indigenous from across the Tasman--eg:- Lets go for a drive in Qld,don't bother with the licence,IF you get caught the fine is only $335 and you have 28 days to pay- in that time you were last seen heading over the horizon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (just a rumour) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon_bs.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Very perceptive of you Bill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The intention of the post was to see if there is any parity internationally?

Actually it was almost the fifth from the top--settled fourth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/loser1.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jeez Chris, and I thought you were slowing down with age. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

Just as well he only got you when you were driving slow!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Regards

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The price you pay for being the decoy on a club run /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

What about car surfing --- only $140---do they do this in other countries ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Keith

Demerits? Worse than being back in school! I must say that is far more restrictive than what we have here. If there's one thing we look forward to from the rebellious colonies and that is to tear up the damn rule book but it looks like it emigrated and settled over there. Too bad mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It's just another case of taxation without representation. Now where have I heard that one before? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
Everyhting here in California starts at a little less than 200 hundred bucks and goes up quicly. My 70MPM in a 55 costs 180 for the ticket, 35 for the state fee for traffic school, and 35 for the traffic school fee.

You are going to jail for over a 100 in California, unless the cop will write you for less out of kindness. Good luck on that.

I would guess that a really big one. In a GT40 that would be 130+ you are goin to jail for a night of two. About a thousand for the fine, restricted liscense for a year or more (if you get to keep it), Another thousand for the lawer, and double the insurance for 3 years. All in All thousands of dollars.

Makes a couple of track weekends a year look cheap.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Here you have to be vigilant not to accumulate more than 12 demerits in 3 years, otherwise min. of 3 months suspension,which is better than cancellation whereby you start again--probation for 12 months then apply for an open licence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif
Good point about track days-- we have about a dozen cobras and GT40s who regularly compete at least monthly and the feeling from that is you're less likly to over do it on public roads.
So its all good if you can constrain yourself till the next track time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I tried car surfing once but couldn't get the bloody car through the break......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Chris, I suspect that the idiot bureaucrats are the same everywhere - who else could come up with a speeding fine scale that makes no sense ?

Lets say you are caught at 35kph over the limit :

- In a School Zone (40kph limit) - at 75 in that zone (88% over the limit), you are homicidal & clearly need to get caught & hit hard.

- On an expressway (110kph limit) - at 145 (32% over the limit), you are not being so stupid (you could even argue parralex error on a 300k speedo) !!

Yet, the bozos hit you with the same fine in each case !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Hmmm? I guess "idiot,bureaucrat bozos" has landed us into Failis duresdiction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gifno more swearing now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bureaucrats - They'll bend over backwards to work their way under a politician.

There's a comma that can go in there but it's optional. Two different meanings but funnily enough they both describe bureaucrats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim.

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
Ahh Flatchat the man they couldn't root, shoot or electrocute me maaaate me buddy, tell them about the time we doing 200 door handle to door handle between Katherine and Tennant Creek ah thats Ok you say because in the Northern Territory there aint no speed limit, but that didn't make it legal in Western Aust and all the other places -- while you are chatting tell them about all the times you did 180 in a 60 zone-- No better still let me tell them, gentlemen I have travelled a lot of miles with this fellow who is seeking sympathy and believe me this guy Flatchat(ask how he got the name) breaks the speed limit everytime he drives --he should be complaining about the police not doing there job properly

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Crikey Flatchat, I thought Dennis was ya mate! And here he goes letting the cat out of the bag about your driving habits... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Back