Inquiry: Western States Cobra Bash!

Hello GT40 Members.
decooney here from over at the ClubCobra site. We are currently working on details for the (Western States Cobra Bash!) possibly being held Mid-May 2005 in Reno, Nevada. The goal is to provide a central meeting place for regional clubs in the Western United States. The final ClubCobra vote/poll is closing soon and it appears Reno will be the place for this gathering of people and their Cobras. A few of the Cobra people mentioned having some GT40s attend as well since some people own both or may just want to bring their GT40. Definitely! We're certainly game for it and we wanted to check and see here first on GT40s.com We are currently getting bids from a few top locations trying to meet specific criteria and still trying to get an idea of just how many people might decide to attend. So far, the early preliminary estimate is 100-150 replica Cobras, a few GT40s, a few Daytona Coupes, and a few original cars/owners waiting to see what the location turns out to be. We are entertaining only places with large/secure parking areas with room for cars and trailers rigs. The same type of thing was casually set up on the east coast and it has turned out to be a major gathering every year. The potential for the Western US is huge if there is enough interest. We are working to do something simple and low-key for the first year and see how it evolves.

Would there be any interest from members here on the GT40s.com forum that would like to attend a club gathering like this of Cobras & GT40s?

It will be more of a meet and greet type social gathering over 2.5 days, with a day drive, a drink-mixer social, and a dinner type of thing for the first year. Keeping it simple but fun. We are not trying to make it another race/track event (Many of those already, including SAAC) the following month.

Please reply here and we will check back in periodically to see if there is any interest. More details to follow as we get them.

Thanks,
Duane

David, Strike, Colin, Howard:

Sounds Great. We are working on May 20,21,22 now. City location is Reno Nevada per our club vote results for Western-US. I am getting final site bids/details now and doing site visits on the 17th looking for the best package deal for attendees, with gated/secured parking areas, etc. Will know after the 17th. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Gt40 club Volunteer?
If one of you would like to take the lead on rounding up some numbers of GT40 people that might like to attend, I'll need to add that number to the room-block request when we secure the specific site location in Reno. BTW: I built/own ERA 427 Cobra #623, and aspire to build/own an ERA GT40 too someday! For now, I'm waiting for my backordered Exoto 1:18 scale model... Hehehe. See Ya.

Thanks,
Duane

OK,Put me on the list. I will bring cav.#63.351/427 650hp for a spin, hopefully not literally, or cav #100 if I have it finished

David, John, Colin, Howard, Roy:

Heads up, get ready to reserve your GT40 spot within the next two days. Wednesday 1/26, registration and reservations officially open for the Western States Cobra Bash. I'll post a new thread here on GT40s.com. I can send you private emails as a reminder or just reply here if you are still interested as we are trying to get a real count of GT40s from here.

Dates: May 20,21,22
City: Reno, Nevada

Location to be announced soon since we just signed the site agreement today. Still letting the other sites know that did not make the cut. I will make an official announcement here Wednesday 1/26 once the hotel provides the group rate package code and password. However, we just wanted to let you know early. There will only be a block of 100 rooms and designated fenced-in / security guarded area at the reduced package rate, just for WSCB registered members. Room for rigs/trailers too if need be. More details on this and what to expect at this top location! It will be an easy 1) Register with WSCB with a quick mail-in form 2) Reserve your room with the group code 3) Email WSCB to let us know you are registered, reserved, and to attend so we can get your badge and materials ready.

We definitely want to see you all there with your GT40s among the Cobras and Daytona Coupes. Take Care.

Duane/decooney
WSCB

Registration opened for WSCB today. There are 100 corral spots in the secured/fenced area.

35 WSCB registrations and hotel reservations completed already in the first 15 hours of the first day. Going about five times faster than we anticipated. Being a big time GT40 fan, I really hope some of you GT40 guys jump in and start reserving spots and rooms soon. If you did not see the other registration thread already, here is the link.

Try this one directly, or look for the new WSCB thread on your site. Please be sure to mail WSCB when you register so we know to expect the GT40s!

http://home.comcast.net/~WSCB/index.html

Thanks,
Duane / WSCB
decooney on ClubCobra.com

Duane,
SOUNDS LIKE GREAT FUN.
I will know by the end of next week if I can make it. Will be bringing both my GTD and Cobra (if I can find someone to drive one of them out for me). Hopefully there will still be rooms available.

Ben

Ben,

Wow! If you are actually driving from Norman, Oaklahoma the guy in Surrey British Columbia is going to be bummed out. He thought he was going to win the prize for the furtherst driven car to the Western States Cobra Bash. We are working on some kind of award for that one. Nice! Hope you can make it.

Here is the link to the other thread on GT40s.com about registering. Or, I provided the direct link below.

http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/50906/an/0/page/0#50906

Direct Information and Registration link:

<font color="blue"> </font> http://home.comcast.net/~WSCB/index.html <font color="blue"> </font>

Back