Introduction & Advice

Howard Jones

Supporter
Start taking pictures with the big ass truck in front of the house, SLC on ramp, and then in your garage for the first time. You need a camera that makes 125k - 200k pictures and can download via USB into your computer. From there it's pretty easy to add to your build log. Then you don't need to resize or transfer with a sim card.

Good luck, don't get in a hurry, and have fun. If you need help pm me and we can talk on the phone. Your neighbor in Texas. Howard.

Be sure to have $ for a tip for the driver(s). Mine had to unload at the state highway and they pushed the car the 1000' to my house. It's light, and easy to push, but with no steering (having to bump the tires), it was a PITA. They just asked 'where would you like it' and got to it...

I was fully expecting a big trailer with lots of cars, but Stewart is shipping mine on a 2-car enclosed trailer. Kind of disappointing, but if they're stacked and in a regular size truck, he very well could pull into my driveway and I have enough concrete where he could do a full 180 turn in the driveway and back right up to the shop. It sounds like mine will be first unloaded, I'll be curious to see what else is on there though.

Pictures will definitely ensue! I'm kind of bad about taking alot of pictures. If I remember, I'll have to setup the GoPro inside and outside the shop.

I've been looking forward to starting my build thread....and pretty anxious to show off my "unique" choice of wheel color and see it in person. I'm pretty positive I'll like it since I like different stuff, but am kind of curious what others will think with my color combo.

My father-in-law should show up to help and may inform my neighbor for a hand if he's around. If he can't pull in my driveway, it's about 250ft down my driveway into the shop. I was wondering about the the tip part actually. Any suggestions on how much I should tip him?

I'm glad to see a couple of SLC's close by! I think there's 1 or 2 in Houston as well.

There are at least 2 in the Dallas area plus one on order (or under construction).

I'd personally tip the drivers $50 if it's an easy and quick unload. Considerably more if it's time consuming and their attitude is good.

Not sure where you are in LA, but we get over to BootHill speedway in Greenwood, at least once a year. NOT with the SLC! Sept 16th is our next scheduled race there.

There are at least 2 in the Dallas area plus one on order (or under construction).

I'd personally tip the drivers $50 if it's an easy and quick unload. Considerably more if it's time consuming and their attitude is good.

Not sure where you are in LA, but we get over to BootHill speedway in Greenwood, at least once a year. NOT with the SLC! Sept 16th is our next scheduled race there.

Awesome, thanks for the tip info. I'll make sure to grab some cash after work for sure. I know this thing is light, but between me and him push it? It will have the transaxle in it, but no engine. Or should I get extra people?

Looks like I'm about 6.5hrs from Greenwood, Dallas is a little bit less. I'm only 8 miles from the TX/LA border off I-10. Once I get it on the road and confident going on a trip, maybe we all can meet up half way one day. Would be nice to meet some SLC owners to visit and see their cars, we seem to be a pretty exclusive club. :)

So did you get the car on saturday ?? Im guessing not or your still unpacking and removing tape residue,and no time to take pics.

Yep, was due on Sunday but actually did show up Saturday. Blew it apart, unloaded and organized everything. You called it, doing the mundane task of peeling tape and residue. Also torquing all the bolts and put together QuickJack so I can get it in the air.

I do have pics, uploaded them this morning so I can start a build thread. I'll post a link when I do.

Back